Search results

1. D

Luxman R-1030 recap

What is the impact of using elco's with same specs, but different series than UKL?
  2. D

Luxman R-1030 recap

Hi, I am recapping a Luxman R-1030 for a friend and have two small questions. There are elco's in a type of housing I have not seen in my previous recap projects: little blue elco's. Are they also to be replaced? (see picture) Second question: The schematics I have from this amp (from...
  3. D

Capacitor diameter to small for socket

Hi, I ordered caps for recapping my Sansui AU555a and based my order on a list here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/au-555a-recap-list.622667/ Now, the caps for the power amp do not fit the sockets/fittings (see photo), the ordered elco's are slightly smaller. As these caps...
  4. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Yes, it worked ! Fantastic, thank you so much for the great help !
  5. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Great, I'll measure the voltages later ! What value is this cap?
  6. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Ah interesting. Would be great to see on the picture where I have to put the cap to solve this problem. Otherwise: I'll test the voltages. How do I lift this back up in this amp?
  7. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Yes ! Good call, I thought about it too ! But even with cover on it, still happening... Hmm, I might have done just that. Do you know what this correction should be? Or how I can find what to do? Attached circuit of power amp and rectifier circuit. I'd be soo happy to fix this one, it sounds...
  8. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

bump anyone any idea how to troubleshoot this?
  9. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

I changed the rectifier diodes, problem persist. (took me a while, I'm a bit busy with too many things at the same time as many people). The amp sound really great, so I would be so happy to fix this, any other suggestions?
  10. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Anybody? bump
  11. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

So I went through this procedure. I used a 3.3 uF cap as a DC blocking cap. There is only one capacitor where I measured some AC across and that is capacitor C64. Where I measure an AC of 0.5 V, could this be the source of the hum? Just for the speed I did replace the cap already and I'm still...
  12. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Could you explain the procedure more detailed? I have DMM at hand, what is the purpose of the dc blocking capacitor, how do I ?
  13. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

It all looks perfectly fine and with a diode meter I have tested if new soldering points are making a connection (testing in they are shorted with intended other points) So except for visually checking and this diode testing, is there another way to test bad solder connections and wiring?
  14. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Well here is the joke, I actually didn't listen to it. I picked it up very cheap second hand and according to the man it was supposed to be working, but I don't know a 100%. I'm giving the amp to a friend soon, so I just wanted to give it some new life before giving it to her and I was too...
  15. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Oh sorry, that message was confusing, I meant; A hum is present when no INPUTS are connected (it was late when I wrote the message). And it's present in both left and right. I actually replaced all the elco's in the amp. (I used rubycon and nichicon caps, but I don't think the cap brand would...
  16. D

Hum in Pioneer SA5300

Hi, I have a considerable hum (or buzz?) coming from the SA5300. Somewhere in the 100 Hz range. In both speakers, also in the headphone. The hum is present when no inputs are connected and when volume is down. Doesn't turn up when turning up volume. So all these aspects points at the filter in...
  17. D

Pioneer SA7500 upgrade recommendations

Hi, A friend gave me a 'faulty' SA7500 to discover that it was actually working. He got it fro ma store telling him it was broken too. Missing jumpers on the back and a broken led light confused both of them thinking that the power supply stage was broken. So it actually works fine, but it has...
  18. D

Sansui AU101 distortion

Hi, I had a BC639 lying around to replace the TR806, which solved the problem of the distortion mode the amp went in, so that's solved. Woohoow At higher Volumes I'm still getting a little bit of distortion in the right channel. When listening to music it's almost inaudible, but with a sine it...
  19. D

Sansui AU101 distortion

I had still a BC639 around which also was a possible replacement for the CDC8000 and that fixed the biggest problem, namely the broken mode it went in, that's not happening anymore. So the old transistor must've been funky. At higher levels (which I generally don't listen to) I'm still having...
  20. D

Sansui AU101 distortion

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll start by replacing the TR806 (CDC8000). Do you have a suggestion to replace this one?
  21. D

Sansui AU101 distortion

Which switch do you mean? Thank you all for your help already! Well now I discovered the following: If I shortcut TR806 Collector and Emitter while playing the problem is solved (happened by accident). Would this be a signal of a dry solder? Still, at even higher levels low frequencies are...
  22. D

Sansui AU101 distortion

Well, when the speakers are disconnected no (so when the Loudspeakers switch is OFF), when the speakers are connected yes :dunno: ...
  23. D

Sansui AU101 distortion

Hi Sansui lovers, My right channel of my Sansui AU101 has a problem. Any help is welcome. When I turn up the volume (not so loud), the right channel only manages to drive the speakers for a few seconds and then jumps (instantaneously) to a distorted sound (right channel only). If I turn the...
  24. D

Sansui AU101 problem

Yeah, only after tweaking ten times the drift become more or less stable. Now it's working!!! Thanks a lot all you guys, it's been a long road, thanks a lot for all the patience and expertise! Since I had to change the transistors TR809, 810, 811 and 812, all 2SC1060 I got what the store had...
  25. D

Sansui AU101 problem

Okay, been monitoring the bias current a while now and it's really hard to keep it stable at 20mA. Or it keeps on going down (very slowly), or it keeps on going up (very slowly), but does not stay stable at one point. Is that normal?
Back
Top Bottom