Search results

1. 7.62

Kenwood KR-5150 Speaker Output ?

So I’ve got a 5150 that’s been sitting for awhile, I ordered an incandescent light bulb kit for it to replace the burnt out bulbs. Which also queued me to open it up and clean it up and also try and figure out why only the ( C ) speaker outputs are working and it’s only the bottom one that’s...
  2. 7.62

C31V recap?

I’m curious if the average joe like me could handle doing it with reasonable soldering skills. Was looking at purchasing a pre assembled recap kit, and the service manual. If I were to study schematics and learn to identify the parts to be removed and replaced, seems like it should be doable...
  3. 7.62

Some thoughts and feedback wanted for replacing parts.

This weekend I’m going to pull the woofers out of my Gammas and start documenting all of the crossover parts, for replacement. I’ll be replacing everything I can, inductors, resistors, capacitors etc. My first order will be with AVA for Emim, Emit and Semit k’s. All of my drivers are working...
  4. 7.62

I need a little help with gamma SCU

I’ve been searching all day and I can’t find what I’m looking for to hookup my SCU to the Gammas. I searched old posts but dang it I can’t cypher his directions. I’m only using one amp, I have a second if needed. So right now I have the speaker jumpers taken out, switched to Servo, switched...
  5. 7.62

Scary moment turns good..C35

Yesterday I set up some Yamaha speakers so I could demo them for the wife, using my C35, Ashly FET 200 Amp and the speakers, for a source I hooked up my Bluetooth to the C35 so I could play music from the iPad. I don’t know where or what went wrong but when I connected to the Bluetooth I went...
  6. 7.62

KR-4400 is sweet !

I picked up a Kenwood KR-4400 in a bundle of stuff not long ago. Man, hooked it up to a pair of Polk RTI8’s yesterday and what a sweet receiver ! Instantly reminded me of younger days, that analog sound, sounds so good. All I’ve had is modern digital receivers and boy the difference is so...
  7. 7.62

Wow Yamaha !

I recently picked up a pair of Yamaha Concert Speakers, Model# S4115H-ll’s and man they have completely caught me off guard in the best way. Since I’ve joined AK and being a real Infinity speaker junkie I’ve gone through so many models, including what I thought were my dream speakers which is...
  8. 7.62

Inductor Replacement?

Speakers are close to 50 years old. Would there be any gains replacing these old units, with something like the Jantzen Air Core inductors of equal values. I haven’t measured these yet, still new to messing with crossovers. Just generally wondering.
  9. 7.62

1976 & Yamaha ;)

Picking these bad boys up Monday. A pair of Yamaha S4115H-ll Speakers…..Oh the neighbors are going to love me this 4th of July ! I also got an Ashly FET 200 amplifier with them. Don’t know much about these or the FET amp but I see ear plugs in the not to distant future…..Lol. Yamaha...
  10. 7.62

Anyone recording with IPad 8th Gen ?h

The wife bought me this for my birthday, an 8th Gen IPad. I’ve moved my system into the living room with the intention of making some videos to share here in the speaker forum. Over the last few days I’ve been experimenting with different sound levels etc….etc and I’m just not happy with what...
  11. 7.62

Biamping & Meters..

Might be a dumb question but if your biamping your speakers, are the meters on your amps still picking up full signal regardless. example….using my McIntosh 2205 on the high side and QSC on the low end it seems like the McIntosh is displaying the beats of the woofers, kinda matching the blinks...
  12. 7.62

Any Behringer A800 here..

Looking at the Behringer A800 Amplifier to drive the high pass on some power hungry speakers, does anyone here own one and care to share your experience with it. From what I’m finding after some burn in time it’s a decent unit with pretty happy owners out there. For reference I’d be trying it...
  13. 7.62

C35 preamp phase polarity ?

I’m using the below quote to see if anyone here knows about this with the McIntosh C35 ? “Your high pass Mac 2205 should play just fine. The SCU is just a splitter for the high pass amp. In fact, if your pre has two outputs you can run directly from pre to your 2205 and eliminate one set of rca...
  14. 7.62

Gamma owners, help if you can.

Over the next few days I’m going to pull everything into the living room which includes the… Gamma’s SCU for them and cables QSC GX5 for the bass portion McIntosh 2205 for the high end McIntosh C35 Preamp I’ll be using the iPad and Bluetooth streaming with the C35. I have the Beta manual that...
  15. 7.62

Lamp cord was a thing !

I picked these up because of this, I did a quick search and this stuff looked to be pretty rare so I made a bid. And won. These came with it, pictures weren’t the best and I thought this was the whole system. Alas ! Home made they look to be but what I find interesting is lamp cord was used...
  16. 7.62

iPad to preamp question

When I use my IPad which is the newest version. I’m using a 3.5 connection cord to the back of my McIntosh C35 preamplifier in the AUX 2 position. To me the music sounds somewhat muted I guess would be the best description I could give, or darker maybe. Do I need one of these digital to analog...
  17. 7.62

Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amp ?

Anyone here using one ? I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on one for use in the living room with a pair of Infinity Kappa 8.1’s, fairly efficient speakers, for TV and Movie duty. I’m mostly thinking ease of use and I can add other separates down the road if I want. It seems to get fairly...
  18. 7.62

Struggling, Mc 2205’s.

I need some help. Yesterday I started testing my system before inserting a Servo Control for my speakers and this question I’ll answer, I do not know efficiency rating it’s not published anywhere. They are Infinity Delta Gammas. So with the 2205’s bridged in mono, they started clipping at about...
  19. 7.62

Infinity, the company and did they offer…

I’m wasn’t into audio back when Infinity was an active company, there was no internet back then so I’m just curious if there were store’s that offered spare parts or some sort of catalog you could order and source spare parts from there ? I’m asking because I’d love to see what spare parts were...
  20. 7.62

Catastrophic Audio Failures you’ve seen…

Back in 2014 when I started getting into this hobby and just found Audiokarma, I had a pair of Kappa 8 speakers powered by a Kenwood AVR. It was a Saturday morning and I was conquering the honeydew list, the radio station I was listening to was jamming pretty good and there was one of those...
  21. 7.62

If you lost an L-Emim question?

I’m curious because finding a replacement would be almost impossible, what would you do for a replacement ? Or what would you attempt to do ? I had seen some images where 3 Emims were used side by side (3 total) in the delta gammas, If that were done would they be wired in series to avoid any...
  22. 7.62

Delta Gamma Bass….

IS SO FREAKING AWESOME !!!!!!!!! Watching the Eagles Farewell Tour on Prime, the drums sound so awesome on the delta gammas….just WOW !!! The whole thing sounds really good to me actually but damn the drums is like being there !!! That is all :p. Lil Tv & McIntosh
  23. 7.62

McIntosh Music Streamer ?

I’m not real familiar with the whole music streamer deal, my son says it would be a nice addition to the stack so I started looking, of course the one I kinda like has three zeros behind the first digit. I’m posting just to get a feel for what you guys are doing in this arena. I’ve gotta bogie...
  24. 7.62

Las Vegas, Crescendo 3009’s

Local Vintage Shop has a nice pair of Infinity Crescendo 3009’s. All new foam and they look great. He told me yesterday $400 for the pair. I’m trying really hard NOT to go get them. That’s a great deal on these. Someone PLEASE go get them !
  25. 7.62

Powerguard light repair.

Just seeking some guidance on repairing the powerguard lights in my other 2205. I’d like to try and fix it so it looks like this one. Here you can see they are not working, I have the LED replacements, but it looks like there’s some soldering to do removing the old one’s and installing the...
Back
Top Bottom