Search results

1. ZeroJunk

Pioneer SX-1010 left channel noise ?

Anybody ever notice how bad one of these works with a transistor backwards. Bad thing is , there were two side by side exactly the same and I still got one backwards. That's why I work on chainsaws. Anyhow, replacing the transistors on the pre-amp fixed the problem. Quiet as a mouse. The...
  2. ZeroJunk

Thanks guys. Yes, I rebuilt the power supply and amp boards, But control amp is original. It would be really cool if that cured my tuner as well. I will let you guys know however long it takes Mouser to get them here. Thanks again.
  3. ZeroJunk

Thanks Mark. With the jumpers removed the receiver is totally quiet. Don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I can rebuild a board or whatever as advised. Appreciate it a lot.
  4. ZeroJunk

Hello guys. I rebuilt this maybe 10 years ago with part numbers graciously supplied by smart people on this forum. Or, at least the power supply and amplifiers. The tuner puked a couple of years back and I have been using a Pioneer external tuner. Use a couple of ADS/Braun speakers. It has...
  5. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 won't come out of protection

Yep. Back in the shop hooked up to some Braun L1030's. Sounds good. Thanks I had ordered all the parts. But, I could have replaced them all and then it be the relay. Or, some fault actually telling it not to come out. I am a parts replacer, not particularly smart troubleshooting.
  6. ZeroJunk

Pete, it was Q1 or Q2 , not sure which since I replaced them both at the same time. 9.5 volts at base of Q7 . Re-subscribed in thanks to you and everybody who helps. Thanks.
  7. ZeroJunk

Hey Pete, Q 1,2,3,4 ,and 5 are all original. I only originally replaced Q6 and 7 . I think I will replace them all and see what happens. I'll report back one way or the other.
  8. ZeroJunk

Pin 2 is -13.3 Base of Q7 is 9.5 volts. I had left the meter in mV range so it defaulted to zero. My dumbism.
  9. ZeroJunk

Double checked and now I'm not showing anything on Q7 base.
  10. ZeroJunk

Q7 base is 9.65 Not close to enough. Pin 5 wanders between 1 and 2 mV Pin 6 is around 12.2 mV pin 7 16.5 mV pin 8 -16.2 mV No DC at speaker outputs
  11. ZeroJunk

All right, with Q6 out she comes out of protection just fine. But, it does not show shorted. I have some KSC2383YTA's .
  12. ZeroJunk

I'm showing Q6 base zero, dead.
  13. ZeroJunk

Would you suspect a bad Q7 ? Sorry, getting ahead of you.
  14. ZeroJunk

Q7 base only shows 1.3 mV . Although I'm not sure what it should be that seems pretty close to nothing.
  15. ZeroJunk

I'll check.
  16. ZeroJunk

I rebuilt the power supply board, usual suspects on the amplifier boards, recapped and replaced a couple of transistors on the protection board a few years ago. Worked fine for a long time but it started dropping out a couple of weeks ago and now the relay does not engage at all. The voltages...
  17. ZeroJunk

Happy Birthday to ZeroJunk!

Thanks. I'm getting to the age I try to forget them. Good to still be here though.
  18. ZeroJunk

PIONEER SX-1250 NEW CASE BUILD

My father was a carpenter and cabinet builder, but nothing of that precision. I can appreciate how cool that really is.
  19. ZeroJunk

SX-1000TW Death Cap

You could run a ground wire to the plate screw on your duplex receptacle, until you get around to replacing the cap. Provided your house wiring is not ancient anyway.
  20. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 project

I had some out of spec voltages after I rebuilt my power supply board and had to go back and replace the zener diodes. Of course, your voltages are OK before a rebuild, but I'm not sure I wouldn't replace them anyway as cheap as they are and no more trouble than it is with the board already out.
  21. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 Tuner Question

Well, now after getting the board moved where I can get my fingers under it the tuner seems to be back working properly. I know I am not crazy because the tuner tech told me it was not an alignment issue because the signal was non existent from one end of the band to the other. Probably work...
  22. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 Tuner Question

I can pull the feedline for a FM beam antenna back in here which I was using when the signal fell off the cliff to begin with. I'm thinking it was maybe 1.2 on the S meter with the beam when it had been being pretty much full scale and now it is maybe .7, not even S 1 on the pieces of wire. The...
  23. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 Tuner Question

Unfortunately I don't have the other SX-1010. I just cleaned the controls and set the bias and offset for a friend so he could sell it. Q3, 13 measures .7 millivolts DC and 2.3 millivolts AC on the strongest station I can find if that means anything. The meter is a Fluke 87 III and it is not...
  24. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 Tuner Question

Thanks for the part number. I have it on the bench and here is what it is doing On just a couple of pieces of speaker wire for an antenna in my basement it receives nearby stations perfectly. Only thing is that it only shows a little less than S1 on the meter with the meter trimmer adjusted to...
  25. ZeroJunk

SX-1010 Tuner Question

Thanks man. I printed this. It would be nice if the tuner in the SX-1010 worked. I got the SA9500II as well and can use that . May be a few days because I have a pretty big back log in the shop (outdoor power equipment). And, I understand what you are saying although I will probably wander...
Back
Top Bottom