Search results

1. chodad

Klipsch KG5 Speakers

I have a chance to purchase a pair for $100. Any opinions? Are they worth it? These are the floor standers (24-28 inches high). Can't find much info on them. Thanks.
  2. chodad

CL Alert: Sansui Seven Pre-Amp and Amp, Polk Audio SDA 2A ... more.

$300 sound like a good deal? no connection http://watertown.craigslist.org/ele/5969612310.html
  3. chodad

CL Alert: Vintage Luxman R-1040 Stereo Receiver - $100

No affiliation. http://watertown.craigslist.org/ele/5950151656.html
  4. chodad

Amp Standing On Side Or End?

I'm using an amp that's hidden behind my television stand. I'd like to move the tv stand closer to the wall. Is it ok to run the amp standing on it's side or end? Would it hurt anything? Thanks.
  5. chodad

Canton Ergo 91 DC

Any opinions on these speakers? Or any of the Canton models? Can't find much info on the internet.
  6. chodad

Adcom GCD-600 Problem

I have an Adcom GCD-600 cd changer that I like very much except for one problem. The player plays cdrs fine but with regular cds the player skips. This happens even with new pristine cds. Is there a specific reason why this happens? If there was a mechanical problem wouldn't all discs skip?
  7. chodad

Hafler DH-500

Just picked up a Hafler DH-500 power amp from CL at a good price for my secondary system. Hooked it up and it sounds great, very powerful and smooth, running it with an Anthem Pre 1L. The fan is audible when the music isn't playing, probably needs cleaning. I'm surprised at how good this amp is...
  8. chodad

Quite A Collection

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/gms/4054939612.html I'm impressed.
  9. chodad

NAD Help

I have a NAD 3080 integrated amp that a channel drops in and out. When I turn up the volume the faulty channel returns. Previously a little Deoxit on the pots would cure the problem. Tried that again but the problem persists.:yikes: I then hooked up a preamp and the problem is still there! So it...
  10. chodad

Does a cd player's sound degrade over time?

I've had many mechanical problems with cd players as they age but never have heard any perceptible sound downgrade. Are my ears just getting used to it over time or do cd players, unlike amps & preamps, keep their musical quality?
  11. chodad

Can you lower the gain on a preamp internally?

Is it possible to adjust the gain on a preamp? I just sent mine in for repair for another issue. It plays extremely loud at low volume and I was wondering if the tech could lower the gain while it's there if it's not too much trouble or a huge cost. I forgot to ask about him about it initially...
  12. chodad

AC/DC Power Supply For Sennheiser DSP PRO

Does anyone know where I can find a power supply for a Sennheiser DSP PRO or another one that would work? I contacted Sennheiser and they said they no longer make them and couldn't help me. I'd hate to have to throw it away because of a broken wire. Info: Class 2 Transformer Input: 120V 60...
  13. chodad

Sansui Sx-500 Worth $75?

Couldn't find much info on this 1987? 65 wpc receiver. Did Sansui still make good products then?
  14. chodad

Question about Kenwood KR-3130

What is the power rating for this receiver? After doing a search I've found everything from 15 wpc to 85 wpc. with no real proof of what it actually is. Thanks.
  15. chodad

Is this worth $300?

All Pioneer I believe. -Audio Digital Timer DT-500 -Cassette deck CT-51250 -RG Dynamic Processor RG-2 -Audio tape deck -Reverb Amp SR 303 -Quartz locked Stereo tuner TX-9800 -Stereo amp SA9800 -Simultaneous Encode/Decode Type II -DBX noise reduction System I'm mostly interested...
  16. chodad

Optimus STA-20 Mini-Receiver

Just picked up one of these at a local thrift store for $25. I wanted something for my screened porch and to run with a pair of Klipsch SB-3 (94 db sensitivity). To sum things up this little guy is great ... it sounds much better than expected and exactly what I was looking for. It's compact...
Back
Top Bottom