Search results

1. GWhitney

1950s Homebrew Speaker in Cab Question

Was given this free homebrew speaker in cab reportedly made in FL during the 1950s. Cabinet appears to be lacquered oak and measures approximately 24x18". Cabinet has screws in the back for removing back panel which I haven't done yet. Examining the rear connector, it resembles some type of...
  2. GWhitney

Vintage Receiver ID

Possibly a Realistic? Doesn't appear to be face badged. Can't make out the name on the accompanying manual.
  3. GWhitney

1/4" TRS to Dual RCA Stereo Splitter Cable Request

I want to connect a CD player to a vintage mono tube amplifier so I'm looking for a > 5 foot 1/4" TRS to dual RCA stereo splitter cable with all male ends. I've found the following, but want to know if anyone is aware of a brand that makes a reasonably priced, higher quality solution...
  4. GWhitney

Smoke Rise GA Juke Boxes Pin Ball Consoles Pioneer Amps Turnatables Radios Tubes Records Trains

No affiliation, sale has started. https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Smoke-Rise/30087/1983783 Original list price sampler: 1936 Wurlitzer Jukebox $2250 Seeburg "Trash Can" Jukebox $1795 Rowe Ami Jukebox $495 Rock-ola Jukebox $375 Seeburg Music System "Wall-O-Matic" $150 Gottlieb "Surf Champ"...
  5. GWhitney

1944 WW2 Navy RCA 40 Watt Mono Tube Amplifier & Speaker Cabinet - Story & Questions

I recently acquired this 1944 tube amplifier and complementary speaker in cabinet from the family of the man who built it. He was from AL and a WW2 naval veteran who served aboard the USS Independence (CVL-22) that saw strike duties against targets in the Philippines and Japan. He built this amp...
  6. GWhitney

SONY Receiver ID

I can't determine the model number from the photo, but it looks similar to a STR-6036. Does anyone recognize this receiver?
  7. GWhitney

Vintage Receiver ID

Saw this murky photo of a vintage solid state receiver listed in an upcoming sale and wondered what it is. Does anyone recognize the manufacturer/model?
  8. GWhitney

Speaker ID

Saw this vintage speaker listed in an upcoming sale and wondered what it is. Does any one recognize the manufacturer/model?
  9. GWhitney

Heathkit TC-3 Tube Checker

Picked up this 1959 Heathkit TC-3 Tube Checker and Assembly Guide for $10. Have not tried it out yet, but does anyone have experience with this unit? If so, given the price paid and the manufacturer, do you consider it a robust, valid tube checker, or more of a hobbyist entertainment device?
  10. GWhitney

AMPRO 12" Super Speaker

Picked up this AMPRO 12" Super Speaker in a handsome spring-loaded handle carry case for $20. This was an extension speaker for a 16MM projector. The speaker appears to be a re-badged Jensen in decent condition, and I'm also liking the vintage metallic grate on the front of the case. This...
  11. GWhitney

Tube Unit ID

I saw this tube unit listed in an upcoming sale and wondered what it is. Do any of you tube experts recognize the manufacturer, model, and tubes?
  12. GWhitney

The Legendary Leon Russell's Estate Sale

No affiliation. This sale could be interesting... https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Mount-Juliet/37122/1530267
  13. GWhitney

Marantz 4070 Owners - Post Your Serial Numbers

Looking at the Marantz Production Numbers 1954-1980 site http://amkproducts.com/Marantz_Production.htm I didn't see a listing for the 4070. To try to estimate the number that were manufactured, post your SN. I have #2535, hence 2535 - 1000 = 1535
  14. GWhitney

Marantz 4070 Manual Request

I'm looking for a Marantz 4070 User Manual and/or Service Manual in PDF format. I've checked the AK PDF Database to no avail. If anyone has one please pass it on!
  15. GWhitney

1959 Precise Development & Electronics Mark V - 6 Tube Single Ended Stereo Amplifier

I recently found this unit in a driveway dumpster and was advised to post in the Tube forum for additional input. This is a 1959 Precise Development & Electronics Mark V - 6 Tube single ended Stereo Amplifier with the original (3) ECC83 (2) EL84 and (1) EZ81 Amperex "Bugle Boy" tubes. I suspect...
  16. GWhitney

Precise Mark V Stereo Tube Amplifier - Dumpster Find - Info Request

So an old house around the corner is being prepared for demo. While on a walk this morning I see some old electronics sitting on top of the driveway dumpster pile. Quite a variety of pedestrian 60s - 70s radios, record players, speakers, etc. One thing that caught my eye was this little kit tube...
  17. GWhitney

McIntosh stack at estate sale

Looks like a nice Mac stack in the last 2 pictures on the first row of this listing. Can anyone identify the components? No affiliation with this sale. http://www.estatesales.net/GA/Atlanta/30328/870285
  18. GWhitney

Looking for quality speaker wire interior face plate

I'm looking for a high quality speaker wire interior wall face plate. One with 4 binding/banana posts (2 black 2 red) and matching back box that will support a pair of Klipsch outdoor speakers connected with 16 gauge wire to a 2 channel vintage receiver. I'm thinking a metal plate would be nice...
  19. GWhitney

Yamaha CR-220 for a $5 footlong

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/5021778958.html No affiliation.
  20. GWhitney

Craigslist Teaser

Found this substantial hoard listing teaser on the local CL this evening: "Over the coming weeks and months, I'll be posting many of the components you see pictured in this ad and MUCH more. I have at least 5 dozen pairs of speakers starting at $20, receivers, amps, preamps, turntables...
  21. GWhitney

KR-6030 or KA-6000

I have two fully functioning vintage Kenwoods: a '78 KR-6030 Receiver and a '69 KA-6000 Integrated Amplifier. I need to part with one of these classics. Any recommendations from you Kenwood experts who have owned or worked on these units on which model is the keeper?
  22. GWhitney

Bank seized audio warehouse inventory auction - Savannah, GA

Anyone on the GA/SC coast got a bead on this one?! I have no affiliation with this auction. http://savannah.craigslist.org/eld/3529186636.html
  23. GWhitney

Tape Warehouse has closed in Atlanta, GA

I stopped by the Tape Warehouse located at 2688 Peachtree Sq. Atlanta, GA where I bought Maxell XL-IIS, MX, and Denon HD-7 & 8 cassette tapes back in the late 80's and early 90's and later CD-Rs including Apogee, Quantegy, and MAM-A Gold CD-Rs, to find a sign on the door indicating that the...
  24. GWhitney

Rotel RCD-1072 vs Music Hall CD15.2

So I'm considering 2 similarly priced CD players, a new Music Hall CD15.2 with a Burr-Brown PCM 1739 DAC or an 8 year old Rotel RCD-1072 with a Burr-Brown PCM 1732 DAC in excellent condition. My most basic requirements are a silver face, solid build, and I'd like HDCD capability, but its not...
  25. GWhitney

Sansui 2000 in "Protection Mode" - Next steps?

So I accidently left my 2000 on for 24 hours straight and when I finally noticed it was still on it had gone into "Protection Mode". I unplugged it, disconnected the CD player and speakers and left it off for an hour. When I plugged it in and turned it on again it was still in "Protection Mode"...
Back
Top Bottom