Search results

1. D

Adventures w/ the Almarro A318a

No sorry. I was referring to the Audion amp previously mentioned.
  2. D

This makes me wonder if my amp should really have two 6H9C tubes or not.
  3. D

Wow! I bought one of those amps new years ago. It was a very nice amp for the price, but I wasn't happy with it on rock tracks. I tried many different speakers at the time, but couldn't seem to make a match. I'm still hoping to hear from the US repair guy about my amp. I checked bias again...
  4. D

Does anyone else have the 318A version with 2) 6H9C tubes? Hiro claims that some dealers prefer this combo so he made it one of the versions. I haven't seen or heard of another having two of these tubes like my amp. Can I substitute 1) 6SL7 and 1) 6SN7 instead? Will this change output tube bias...
  5. D

It's the truth also. :) I've had as many amps as the next guy within a 30+ year period. Never have I been totally satisfied to the point of thinking "this is the one." I've cooled down a bit and have decided to keep the amp. Actually; it was the love affair for this amp that put me in such...
  6. D

Brian; You misunderstood me. I was pointing out that it appeared that these demo units were not free and the dealer was suppose to pay for them if he kept them. ;)
  7. D

I agree that this amp is incredible. I've had many modern amps and none have been more musical than the Almarro. Can I stop whining now? :D
  8. D

Brian; Please allow me to clarify some things. 1.) I did not notice the amp was missing a serial number until Hiro asked me for it. 2.) I left the dealer with the amp prepaid to try it out. The amp was out of the box on display. I decided to keep it after some listening sessions. Thus; I...
  9. D

Thanks for the link but this guy is not returning my e-mails. :confused:
  10. D

Well; I've fired off an e-mail to the US service guy. I have no shipping box and frankly; I'm worried about doing so. Here's an interesting side note... AZ Hi-Fi maintains that they tried to return all demo products to Almarro some 4 years ago and Almarro would not issue call tags for the...
  11. D

Well here's the latest scoop. Hiro was e-mailing me pretty regularly in regards to my deal with this amp. Then the e-mails stopped after he promised to supply me with bias instructions. Time went by slowly awaiting his reply. I e-mailed Hiro again and was told he would go to the factory that day...
  12. D

Sleeper from Canada

That was quite a find!!!
  13. D

Sleeper from Canada

Exactly what I thought as well. :thmbsp:
  14. D

Sleeper from Canada

You know it! :D
  15. D

Sleeper from Canada

I've had Paradigms in the past and they are great speakers. Are you backing up the Titans with a sub? I could never match a sub to monitors so I went back to floor standers. I've always liked Vifa tweeters and I can't bare to listen to a metal dome tweeter. I'm a big fan of beat. Reggae, rock...
  16. D

Sleeper from Canada

Right on!!! I'm just sorry it took me so much time and money to realize I had my favorite speakers right in the closet!
  17. D

Can anyone help me please....

I did but you were going by recollection that not even you were sure of. Is there any danger in running these tubes a little hot? One was at .50v DC and still working fine. ??? P.S. I switched the output tubes and rebiased. The problem follows the one output tube. This would seem to point out...
  18. D

Sleeper from Canada

Thanks for the link!
  19. D

OK....biased the amp but one output tube will not bias to within specs. Do I need a new tube? Almarro recommends less than .18v DC and the one tube will only bias down to .24v DC. Thanks!
  20. D

Sleeper from Canada

I've been on a speaker finding mission for several years now. I've spent what seems to be the national debt trying to find a more "MUSICAL" speaker than my current pair. Some years back I answered a newspaper ad about a $300.00 pair of PSB speakers. Turns out that I bought them and haven't been...
  21. D

Wish I had done the same. :no:
  22. D

Hiro at Almarro told me that since he received no payment from the dealer; it's as if the amp was never sold....in so many words. I'm not real business savvy and I did get the amp at a steal. I really don't know if I should push the issue.
  23. D

The amp sounds awesome. I'll bias today to see how far off it is. What kind of problems were experienced? Still no warranty and I can't blame the manufacturer.
  24. D

Well Almarro finally came through with bias instructions. Thank you Hiro!!! :music:
  25. D

OK...so I am a dummy. :D Was that English you spoke above? Almarro seems to measure bias off the tube pins in there manual. ??? They have two pins with probe holes in them under each output tube. My amp being a demo; does not have these pins. Anyone have pics of a cathode resistor in place...
Back
Top Bottom