Search results

1. riverrat

Speaker RCA jack replacement boards?

A few weeks back, I located a thread here that included a link to a business in Germany that made replacement speaker RCA boards for vintage amplifiers, including Sansui. I thought the link was in a thread here on restoring the AU-317. I've tried all kinds of search terms and cannot relocate...
  2. riverrat

Removing/reinstalling AU-D11 II top of case

Hi All...longtime member, haven't posted much in recent years. I'm considering selling my AU-D11 II (recapped by quadbob years ago) and would like to take some photos of the interior circuitry and new(er) caps. I haven't ever taken the cap off myself. I've read that it is sort of a PIA, in...
  3. riverrat

Arcam Alpha 5 Plus CD player skipping

Was just testing this player out prior to listing it for sale. It's been in storage for the past few years. It has the well-regarded Philips TDA1541A chip. It power up, reads CDs and starts to play them, but then starts skipping. I don't have the time or inclination to try to troubleshoot...
  4. riverrat

1300DC q's..

Greetings all. Haven't posted in awhile. I've been testing a 1300DC that's been in storage for awhile. Most of the source RCAs seem to work fine- good, clear sound coming out of both channels, i.e. tape 1 & 2, AUX, TUNER. But the phono inputs seem to both sound very faint in one channel. Are...
  5. riverrat

Marantz 1300DC Oakland CL

These don't come up too often. I have an email in to the seller asking for details about his upgrades, so I can check into applying them to my 1300DC. No affiliation with seller, etc, etc: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4466980658.html
  6. riverrat

TT ground wire question...1200 MK I > II

Hey All- Please educate me about turntable ground wires.. Today I swapped in an upgraded MK II tonearm into my Technics SL 1200 MK I table (thanks to Andy_H and delihaus for the tips!) The MK II arm came with two ground wires. One is short, presumably to ground to the tt chassis...
  7. riverrat

My Avionic C4 experience..

Wanted to take a few minutes to report in on my Avionic restored C4 pre-amp.. This particular C4 was purchased from a pawn shop in barely working order, exhibiting intermittent hum and occasional static and pops. Something was clearly shorting out and some functions did not appear to work at...
  8. riverrat

AU-D11 II indicator bulbs

I have at least two indicator bulbs out on my AU-D11 II. Starting to think about getting them fixed. How big of a chore is it to replace bulbs in this amp? I know the AU-D11 II is generally regarded as sort of a PIA to work on, due to the way it is put together. Are the bulbs difficult to...
  9. riverrat

Problem with Marantz 2130..

Hi All, I could use help diagnosing a problem with my Marantz 2130. Bought used a couple years ago in excellent shape, has worked great but has not been aligned or serviced since I bought it. This is a European unit, mult-voltage, set to 120 and used with a Euro > US plug adapter. Recently, I...
  10. riverrat

Spin Clean MK IIs on eBay for ~$60..

The seller "blowitoutahere" is offering Spin Clean MK II record cleaning machines on eBay for about $20 less than regular retail. The shipping charge is also quite reasonable. I've shopped around and this is the best price I've seen anywhere, these things do not seem to go on sale. I just...
  11. riverrat

AT 155ML cart...thoughts?

Checked the cartridge on the Technics SL-D202 I picked up at Goodwill today for $15 and found it is an AT 155ML. Quick web search suggests its a nice cartridge probably better than the table it was on. Any thoughts on this cartridge and how it stands up to the AT440MLA?
  12. riverrat

Sansui brand re-introduced in the UK

I just read on the Steve Hoffman forum that the Sansui brand has been revived in the UK, with a small line of audio components including an amp, CD player and a music streamer of some sort. Check it out: Sansui UK
  13. riverrat

Sourcing speaker relays for 1300DC

After reading in another thread that catrafter believes it is often best to just replace problematic speaker relays, I may do this in my 1300DC. Could anyone tell me where to find this part?
  14. riverrat

AU-D11 II (back) in da house!

At long last, I made the time to retrieve my AU-D11 II from fellow AK member 2000zx12r who had graciously offered to try to get it running right again. For various reasons, it took me a very long time to get up to Vancouver WA to get it back but I finally did and plugged it into my system last...
  15. riverrat

Rolling Stones Brussels Affair (1973) released as official download

(Apologies if this has been mentioned here already.) The Rolling Stones have just released a 1973 live show widely regarded as one of their best live performances ever- The Brussels Affair, also released in a number of other boots, e.g. Bedspring Symphony, Headin For An Overload. This music...
  16. riverrat

1300DC speaker relays

I'm having some issues with my 1300DC. I've had the amp for a few months. Shortly after I bought it, my local tech replaced some transistors in one channel, cleaned the controls and set the amp to factory specs. Recently, I've been getting some static and dropouts, mainly on the left channel...
  17. riverrat

2130 tuner buttons

Hi All- I am enjoying my new (to me) 2130 tuner. But I'm having issues with some of the push buttons. When I switch functions, the button that is currently depressed pops back out (as it should) but sometimes pops out too far, or even pops completely off and falls on the floor. What is...
  18. riverrat

Au-317

Looking to hear from AU-317 owners, especially those who may have recapped or upgraded this model. Is it worth modding or upgrading, or just the usual new caps? Any particular sources for parts you would recommend? I picked one up recently for a song, in great shape. I am very impressed...
  19. riverrat

AU-317 channel cutting out

I picked up a nice set; AU-317 amp and TU-217 tuner at a yard sale this a.m. for $20. Both with rack handles. Haven't had a chance to hook them up yet. The seller said the tuner worked fine, but the amp was cutting out intermittently on one channel. Said he tried cleaning the volume pot...
  20. riverrat

Question about vintage tuners...

I posted a question regarding vintage tuners HERE. I think that post is in the right place, but it does not seem to be generating a whole lot of discussion. So I thought I'd point to it from here as well. Thanks for your input!
  21. riverrat

Have vintage analog tuners peaked in value?

I have weak spot for nice vintage analog tuners. I currently have in rotation a Sansui TU-717 and Marantz Model 20, both refurbished and upgraded by PunkerX. They are both fantastic looking and performing tuners. But as has been often noted, there is less and less good analog content...
  22. riverrat

Cleaning silver faceplates?

Hi All- I'm sure this topic has been covered before. I've done some searches but must not be using the right search terms. Could someone point me to a tutorial on how to clean the grime off of faceplates of silver face vintage gear? I'm worried about removing the black lettering, or...
  23. riverrat

1300dc

I recently had the great good fortune to pick up a 1300DC integrated amp, and a 2130 tuner. The tuner has been on my pie-in-the-sky wish list for some time. I did not know much about the amp. I've learned it is a relatively rare model that is basically a 3650 pre and 300DC power amp in one...
  24. riverrat

European Marantz 220v components and 110v US power?

I recently acquired a 1300DC amp and 2130 tuner that are wired to run on European 220v power. The seller bought them in Germany, and said they used them in the US by using adapters on the end of the power plugs to step the power down to 110v. He said they have not been used in at least 10...
  25. riverrat

Scott 299f

I figured I'd ask about this amp here in the tube forum, since most iterations of it had tubes. The Scott 299F says "Solid State" on the front, so it must not have tubes. Is the 299F worth buying? I saw one for $15 in a local thrift shop. I know it is probably worth that much (if it works)...
Back
Top Bottom