Search results

1. lanwanman195

CollinTiegs Great Transaction

Bought the headphone amp that he had for sale. Excellent transaction. Shipped in a timely manner and was well packed to protect the contents. Item was as shown and described and works perfectly.
  2. lanwanman195

A re-introduction, I suppose

Was a pretty active member up until 2018 when my wife's illness became progressively worse and I had to give up most everything other than work and home care. She is doing much better and has gotten to the point where she can function near "normally" for about a 6-8 hour period most days. I also...
  3. lanwanman195

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I came home from work today and found my new headphone amp in the mailbox. :) I opted in on the last Massdrop Objective O2 opportunity. I went with the upgrade options of the rear power jack and RCA inputs along with the 1.1 & 3.3 gain settings. This is replacing a Schiit Vali in my headphone...
  4. lanwanman195

You keep using that word...I don't think it means what you think it means.

The word is satisfied. I pronounced myself satisfied with my main system sometime back. For the last 10 months or so I've been spending more time listening to my headphone rig than my main system. A lot of that has been driven by my ongoing CD ripping project and I went a bit (as usual) OCD with...
  5. lanwanman195

PogoPlug VAMP

I bought the 2 PogoPlug devices that were listed in Bartertown and they arrived today. I am in the process of moving my main 2-channel system into the larger of the 2 spare bedrooms and I have been wanting to put a casual listening system into the living area for a while now and wanted it to be...
  6. lanwanman195

Baco99 Does the Biz

Bought a set of B&W bookshelf speakers for a giveaway price. Shipping was quick and the packing was excellent.
  7. lanwanman195

Telling ya about eteller

Great seller. I bought a nice phono pre from him for my bedroom system and it arrived in great shape and exactly as described and pictured. The box looked as if it had been used by the shipping apes for batting practice when it got to me but the pre was wrapped up nicely and suffered not at all...
  8. lanwanman195

Andyman is a great seller

This was my second purchase from Andy and just like the first, this one was smooth as polished diamond. The albums/jackets are in great shape and the packaging would have survived an extinction event to become an object of wonder and veneration by the race of intelligent cockroaches that...
  9. lanwanman195

San Antonio Polk SDA

No connection, just saw these on Craigslist tonight and passing along the info. They do appear to be in great condition. http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ele/4940045097.html
  10. lanwanman195

4Play is aces

I bought the Schiit Vali he had offered for sale in BT and it was a great buyers experience start to finish. Great communication and the unit arrived as expected and in fine shape. It was well packed and it worked flawlessly when I fired it up. Thanks, Tim! :thmbsp:
  11. lanwanman195

Aidynphoenix top notch

Bought the Modi DAC offered on BT. Packed very well and shipped quickly. What can you say about a great seller other than thanks and recommend them to others. :yes:
  12. lanwanman195

Publicenemy3 is #1

Purchased an AT440mla from him and it arrived in record time and extremely well packed. Another great BT seller. [emoji106]
  13. lanwanman195

Karmices Delivers Again

Bought another jazz bundle earlier this week and came home from a couple of hours at work to find a well-packed delivery of 8 albums. Once again, no arguing with the exactness of the described condition of albums and sleeves - all exceptional, by the way. Thanks, man! Closed out the week in a...
  14. lanwanman195

ifi Nano-iDSD DAC

I just clicked the place order button for one of these from Music Direct: http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/nano-idsd/ The reviews that I've read all have nothing but good things to say. I like the DSD, DXD, and PCM capability in one unit. I realize that there are nearly 10 DSD downloads...
  15. lanwanman195

Jeff M Righteous

Bought an Aragon 24K preamp from Jeff in BT. It appeared on my front porch yesterday. Packing was excellent. Double boxed and securely taped. The pre was exactly as presented and works flawlessly...except for the rather loud tuner left channel RCA pulled partially out of seating and broke the...
  16. lanwanman195

Karmices delivers

Bought a bundle of albums and they arrived in a timely manner, well packed and in the stated condition. Hard to go wrong with that combination. Thanks, Jeff! I look forward to doing business with you again. :yes:
  17. lanwanman195

ScramMan2

Wow! I bought 4 albums on the 27th and they were waiting for me when I got home from work today. Well packed and in exactly the condition described in the original post. Thank you, sir! :thmbsp:
  18. lanwanman195

ehoove spins it and wins it!

I bought a turntable from Jim for my son in New Jersey and it was a stellar experience. I would not hesitate to buy anything from Jim based on his attention to detail on a relatively minor transaction. Thanks, Jim!
  19. lanwanman195

Is this space impossible?

My listening room is a loft space above the main living area in the house. It's 20x10 (LxW) with a ceiling that peaks at roughly the center line of the long axis and slopes down to the wall on the left hand side (from the listening position) and out to the rear wall of the house on the right...
  20. lanwanman195

Tube purchase from eteller: Stellar

Bought a pair of JJ 12AU7's that arrived well packed, intact and exactly as described. I would not hesitate to make another purchase from this AK'er. :thmbsp:
  21. lanwanman195

Beans lives the Audio Karma

I posted a question about specs for some hardware for a Pioneer RT-909 a couple of weeks back and got the information I needed but fellow AKer (and Texan), Beans, took that many steps beyond and offered up the actual hardware. He also declined several offers of payment. Many, many, many...
  22. lanwanman195

So I bought a tube amp...

A Magnavox 9302-00 off of that auction site for $110.00. I've been looking at tube amps for the last couple of months and have come close to buying a couple prior to this one but never could quite pull the trigger. After happening across a Maggie console at the Goodwill (that I hope was snapped...
  23. lanwanman195

Desoldering tubes

I'm in the process of replacing the soldered in tubes in my pre-amp with sockets for ease of tube swapping. I'm wondering if anyone has fashioned a desoldering jig for tubes and if they would share the design if they have? I've pulled one of the tubes already but it was not without pad damage...
  24. lanwanman195

RT-909 Question

Can someone post the specifications for the screws that attach the pinch rollers to the deck? I have my dad's old 909 and he removed the rollers before passing it on to me but misplaced the screws and washers/spacers. No doubt I could find the right diameter and thread pitch but I really would...
  25. lanwanman195

geph007 is the wiz

The Luxman TP-114 arrived well packed and the condition is exactly as described. A pleasure doing business with you, sir. :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom