3. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

While we're at it, maybe a smoke?:beatnik:
  4. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

That is a great idea!:beerchug:
  5. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Font is an oil lamp part used to contain oil.
  6. Fran604g

Lafayette Stereo 250A

I uploaded it a couple of years ago to the AK database, here: https://akdatabase.com/AKview/displayimage.php?album=90&pos=0 Best of luck! Mine is still waiting for it to magically fix itself. ;)
  7. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

"Baby, baby, ooooh baby" has been sung (too) many times.
  8. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

"Wonderful" is how I would describe this year's incredible bounty.
  9. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Home, on the range, is some chili con carne with chili peppers from the garden.
  10. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

You say that, and I concur.
  11. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Guilt admitted leads to punishment or forgiveness.
  12. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Left is a word I associate with behind.
  13. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Busy as a button on her blouse.
  14. Fran604g

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

Thank you Chris, you're very generous!
  15. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Dnu Danke, Chris! I'm still kickin', just been busier this year than a cowboy in a whorehouse! Endnu
  16. Fran604g

When were my KLH Model 6's Made?

Must've been a real pita for production personel. Change the fence/stops when the material thickness differed, especially because of the corner joint. I have to wonder/assume the 12(13?)-ply plywood would've been consistent thickness?
  17. Fran604g

In regard to my last post, it occurs to me that monaural systems were the norm, so perhaps identical dimensions weren't aesthetically critical? EDIT: also...measuring the thicknesses of the cabinet "lumber" used shows that both are different thicknesses of around 1/32", with 23171 being the...
  18. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Better than Hemtuckian? DNU My wife makes the best za in the galaxy. Not that I'm biased. We live in the teeny, tiny Hamlet of Hemlock (hence the colloquial "Hemtucky" reference). YO MY PEEPS, WASSUP??!! Just dropping in to say howdy to my old classmates here at YGTLW, and I hope y'all are...
  19. Fran604g

Thank you, admittedly it's been several years since I went back down the "rabbit hole" trying to find historical resources for these favorites of mine. Another curiousity is although consecutive SNs, the cabinets are not the same dimensions. I recall posting the dims at CSP many years ago, and...
  20. Fran604g

Thank you! All that will keep me busy for a while as I digest all that incredible information.
  21. Fran604g

Those are some really interesting factoids, thanks! Every once in a while I get back on the Model Six quest for historical info, and this is the first time I've actually seen data that can help date my early Sixes. Do you know if anyone ever put together a book on the KLH/AR/Advent, etc...
  22. Fran604g

KLH model 6 speakers

I posted on this thread 11 years ago, and I'm still using my early all original blond finish Sixes daily. Currently I have them in my small home workshop driven by my Ampsandsound Stereo 15SE (EL84/6BQ5) amp streaming digital tunes from my PC music server. I couldn't be happier with how these...
  23. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Count Dracula has had a history that's very undead.
  24. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Available technology is limited by the production.
  25. Fran604g

You Get The Last Word!

Sense what you will, but don't burn your fingers.
Back
Top Bottom