Search results

1. matteos

Thorens TD-124 rebuild

I’ve started this rebuild! I’ve restored a Lenco L70 before (Bogen in US) and that’s the extent of my knowledge in restoring turntables. This turntable is reasonably similar to the Lenco though and there’s a lot of information already available online that’s super helpful. The purpose of this...
  2. matteos

Denon AU-S1 SUT one channel out

I have a Denon DL-S1 cartridge going to a Phonobox RS phonostage. This has worked very well but I got the upgrade itch and bought a Denon AU-S1 step up transformer to go with it since they are made to go with each other. Except when I plug it in between the cartridge and the phonostage. I get...
  3. matteos

Tube Pre amp stopped working

I was watching TV and then there was a brief crackling in the right speaker and then all the audio stopped. I tried playing my turntable and still no audio. I switched out the spare tubes I have which are 12AU7 and 12ax7 and no audio. It also takes 5AR4 that I don’t have spares of Then the...
  4. matteos

If money was no object. What would you buy?

What would you get if you could get anything you wanted?
  5. matteos

Morrow Bay Car show picture heavy!

Driving through the area and went past a few 69 Camaros on PCH near big Sur.. turned out there was a car show the next day. Sorry if there are dupes.
  6. matteos

Matteo's system

With Imageshack and Photobucket cynically holding everything to ransom there's no point updating my old thread as it's empty of pics and everything has changed. Here's my new system: KEF R900 PrimaLuna Prologue 3 Pre-Amp PrimaLuna Prologue 5 Power Amp Denon DP 75 Drive unit in DK 300 plinth...
  7. matteos

Phono Stages

As I've been upgrading everything vinyl wise in my system my attention is turning towards phono stages. Currently I have a PrimaLuna Prologue 3 tube pre-amp. In that pre-amp I have the add in PhonoBoard which is a $160 add on. This is wired directly after the input RCA jacks. This pre-amp...
  8. matteos

What are the best 10 turntables under $4000

What do you think? It includes turntables that might not cost a lot to buy but maybe you need to sink some real cash to get them top notch like a Lenco. Thoughts?
  9. matteos

Dayton sub 1500

Just got this. A bit of an impulse buy TBH. A 15 inch sub. 150 watts. $180 shipped!!! Honestly everyone should get one. This is an absolute bargain. The quality seems way higher than the price. it has no trouble making everything shake. I think it's specced down to around 23hz. It is quite...
  10. matteos

Mazda MX-5 RF

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-mazda-mx-5-miata-retractable-fastback-photos-and-info-news http://www.automobilemag.com/news/5-things-know-2017-mazda-mx-5-miata-rf/ That's a nice looking take on the MX-5. I hope they beef up the power too. Kind of looks like a BR-Z. If this came out a...
  11. matteos

This is a worthwhile read

Although some of it went over my head. Though I'd share. http://www.nutshellhifi.com/library/speaker-design1.html
  12. matteos

Does humidity effect vinyl playback?

It's so humid right now, worse than its been in a long time. .. every record i put on sounds crackly and dusty, even one that's brand new and only been played once and sounded dead quiet then. I've cleaned my stylus, brushed the records.. little difference. I'm wondering if the weather is a...
  13. matteos

Here's a guy you don't want to sell anything too..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/06/06/man-sued-30k-over-40-printer-he-sold-craigslist/85478168/ Someone sells him a $40 printer that may or may not have been broken.. Gets sued for $30k
  14. matteos

Anyone use foap?

It's an app.. you have a profile and you put your photographs online, other users see and rate your photographs and you have the ability to sell each one for a one time limited use (you still own the rights to your pics)... if you sell you get $5. Admittedly although that is a draw your...
  15. matteos

6 Car company April fools jokes

Some of these weren't very good, but I did laugh hard at the hipster mini http://www.topgear.com/car-news/weird/april-fools-day-six-best-motoring-hoaxes#1
  16. matteos

A new "budget king" turntable?

I've owned quite a bit of Fluance gear over the years, I still have their ipod dock... So I'm quite excited about these two turntables.. Well one of them at least.. They're launching two turntables, one seems sort of not that great, the rt80.. But the other looks pretty decent. rt81.. and the...
  17. matteos

First watt J2

Oh Lord this is a good amp.. a revelation! Not much of a thread. I'll go into more detail when my smile has gone away!
  18. matteos

I just bought a new mustang

Tbh I'm surprised I bought a new car.. I knew it makes more sense to buy used.. But with that independent rear suspension and the look of the new one.. I feel in love with it months ago. Managed to get 1250 off sticker price. I know that's not a great deal, but it's good enough. Test drove the...
  19. matteos

Top Gear to go on Amazon Prime

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/jeremy-clarkson-ex-top-gear-colleagues-sign-amazon-prime-n400951?cid=sm_fb I joined prime last month for their damp squib of a sale... At least this will make it worthwhile.
  20. matteos

First bad experience buying vinyl from Amazon

I bought Dave Bruckeck Time out - cost around $18 plus shipping. Vinyl arrived scratched to hell, unplayable on many tracks. I put in a claim... The seller (Outside, not Amazon) first spouts health issues (What has that to do with anything with a business transaction? I've all too often seen...
  21. matteos

So i finally came across a couple of direct to disk vinyl

Not really my music per se.. though the jazz one was really good. More big band than jazz. Damn what it means to have a perfect source. I've heard jazz troupes like this before, in person, this was as real as that. ...besides maybe about 50 hz to 100 in the mid to low bass, now i see where...
  22. matteos

Krowmagnum - Great seller

Quick to respond. Item shipped - Kenwood Basic C1 was in very good condition, exactly as described... He packed it very well, lots of foam and bubblewrap and it arrived on time.. All round good dude. :thmbsp:
  23. matteos

What is your favorite tonearm?

From black widows to biotracers to linear tracking and anything and everything between. What has given you the best sound and why?
  24. matteos

this hobby picked me

Because... it is very expensive and ultimately sort of unsatisfying, because i've spent years on Craigslist buying and selling gear, driving to all manner of inconvenient and far away places... and I'm not sure i will ever be 100% satisfied With any system. Period . Women think it's stupid and...
  25. matteos

Ringo gets inducted into the hall of fame again

https://gma.yahoo.com/ringo-starr-jokes-time-hall-fame-induction-152757143--abc-news-celebrities.html Ringo is the man, criminally under appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom