Search results

1. woofercooker

Removing spider from basket/Realign/Reuse. What to remove it with?

Its a 40 year old woofer that is in great condition. So is the spider. I just need to realign the spider. I've tried MEK as recommended by audio people on the internet. How long does it take to work? I've been at it for a hour now and apply about every 10 min. Still not lifting.
  2. woofercooker

Sansui SP 3005 & Radio Shack Optimus 7 speakers

As I was browsing eBay, I came across some Sansui SP 3005 speakers and noticed that the Woofer looks identical to the Optimus 7 Woofer. After doing some research, I noticed that it had to be a replacement of the original along with the lower midrange driver as seen in the pics... I think..
  3. woofercooker

Capacitor Question

I have a couple of capacitors that I'm having trouble deciphering. One shows 2K 100 MRA The other shows 1.0 T 250+/- 10. I figure the 250+/- 10 is 250 vdc with 10% tolerance.
  4. woofercooker

Crossover Impedance question

Using a 2.7 ohm woofer instead of the original 3.7 ohm (using a ohm meter) How does this affect the tweeter and midrange driver crossover points. The crossover is fairly simple with a 1.0 uf and a 12 uf capacitor. One coil and the crossover is 6 db per octave. Thanks... Photo is the same...
  5. woofercooker

Polk Audio tower speakers (from Hifi 1999) Chicago

Does any Polk fan here remember a Polk speaker with a side firing woofer with four mids and the tweeter is placed between the mids ? Kind of a blonde color cab. They kind of had a boat shape from a side view. I would like to know the model number. Thanks in advance... I hope I'm remembering...
  6. woofercooker

Comparing Pioneer CS-700G to CS-77A speakers

I've been listening to these speakers latley and observing the differences between the two. If I listen to one pair one week then another pair the next I can't really tell much difference if any. They both use a 12" woofer and 4-5 inch mid and horn tweeter. The 77A does have a cone tweeter as...
  7. woofercooker

Bennic - Dayton Cap review!

See his review! http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html
  8. woofercooker

Pioneer cs-99a small midrange driver Impedance

Does anyone know the Impedance on the small cone mid on a Pioneer cs-99a speaker? Thanks in advance...
  9. woofercooker

Optimus 5 or Optimus 9 speakers

Knowing my chances of ever getting the Optimus 7 speakers are slim, I have the oportunity to buy a pair of the Optimus 5's and 9's. I noticed the midrange drivers to be the same or simular. Can anyone tell me which one will sound best for balance, accuracy, openess, stage depth. You know...
Back
Top Bottom