Search results

1. K

With Letterman and Stewart Leaving Late Night...

For me the typical modern late night format now completely sucks, so 'none of the above' for me. What the hell happened to actually talkng to someone and getting to know something about them other than the new movie they are in?
  2. K

Am I the only one that prefers older music?

Pretty much says it all for me. As the song says, "video killed the radio star".
  3. K

Just Saw Foreigner LIVE!!! (Awesome)

I'm not trying to start anything myself, but when things are stated on the internet, one should make an effort to be precise, as this stuff can sit here forever, as presumable fact, whether it is or not. And asking people to read between the lines on here can be asking a lot.
  4. K

Okay, then lets just stick to facts. You originally said: "Lou Gramm (vocals) is not touring." Not true, he is currently touring, and is often billed as 'The Voice of Foreigner'. You also said: "Mick Jones (guitar/writer) is the only founding member left." Obviously, not true either.
  5. K

Come on dude, it's 2015, and a world of information is at your finger tips. Don't be so lazy. Lou does and is touring with his own group. http://www.lou-gramm.com/tour/
  6. K

For All Pono Player Owners and Evangelists

What the h@ll?! A Pono thread that actually discusses it in a reasonable and intelligent manner. Now I've seen everything. Take me Lord! :D
  7. K

why some TV channels so much louder?

The trouble really is that most shows do not appear to record at the loudest possible levels, uncompressed or not. The advertisers do, however, and do use compression to take even further advantage to become noticeable.
  8. K

why some TV channels so much louder?

If I recall correctly there was federally passed mandate to stop the objectionable loudness difference between commercials and regular programming, etc. which was supposed to go into effect last year or so. I recall all broadcasting companies, etc. that I listened to seemingly complying with the...
  9. K

Interesting PONO Article

For me this one was much like many of the other online so-called Pono reviews. Yes, it did have the occasional valid point, but you could tell from the very start that the author was generally out to criticize the unit and the hi-rez format in general. You really had to sift through a lot of...
  10. K

You are correct in that Jones is the only original member in that band, however, Lou Gramm (original Foreigner lead vocalist and co-writer) has his own group that performs mostly original Foreigner material, and has been touring off and on for a number of years now. He will be performing at...
  11. K

I'll take the Lou Gramm version of Foreigner over Jones. I prefer having the original lead singer, plus Lou preferred the harder edged rock than Jones did.
  12. K

No One Needs to Know Who Paul McCartney Is

But I did go through the entire first page, and more. Post #14 is hardly definitive, possible, but hardly definitive. I've been a member of enough forums for long enough to know just how lazy and ignorant people can be on a wide variety of subjects. Again, I'm not pointing the finger at just the...
  13. K

"It would seem,........... it would seem." :-) 20+ pages on this issue, no thanks, lol. From the first couple of pages it was pretty apparent how this discussion was going. I very much doubt I missed anything too important, otherwise I would have scanned over all of it. Well, at least you...
  14. K

1st Beatles advice please.

Do yourself a favor, and start at the beginning. Either the US release versions, or British. Teach yourself what it was like to first hear the Beatles. As stated earlier, virtually all their tracks are worth listening to. If you like that one, then continue on with the next released lp from that...
  15. K

How many Engelbert Humperdinck albums do you own?

Topics like this remind me all too much of what has gone wrong over at the SH forum. Not thrilled seeing so much of it here as well now. Besides, who could respect anyone that would change their name to Engelbert Humperdinck, lol?
  16. K

Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs question.

The whole issue with MOFI is how the particular title has been mastered by them. This can vary greatly, and is the reason why some won't touch them. Some of their stuff I love, and some I think is very mediocre. Love all the Beatles ones though. Still my favorite go-to for any Beatles' tracks...
  17. K

Do we discuss cassette car stereos/portables here?

Nice sounding unit. I had one of those, with the matching tuner, and proprietary amps. But beware, the heads on these were quite soft from what I recall. After owning mine for a couple of years, and everyday use, I was wondering about the sound being off a little. I checked the head while...
  18. K

I'm sure there were some good posts on this issue, but far too many for me to wade through completely. Point of topic does not surprise me at all. Rather wish McCartney had retired some time ago instead of seeing him doing stuff like this. Just really painful. "Kids these days are broadly and...
  19. K

Who Else Loves 'Em Some Dave Edmunds? Favorite Songs?

'Crawling from the Wreckage', Rockpile, via 'Concerts for Kampuchea' cassette. First place I ever heard the song. Didn't even know who Rockpile, or Dave Edmunds was before that. Wasn't the greatest audio quality cassette by any means, but loved the track listing, and that track in particular...
  20. K

Rocky and His Friends

Always enjoy hearing references to the characters on other shows, or movies, such as Sam and Dean, of Supernatural, being referred to as Moose and Squirrel, by their nemesis the king of hell. And of course such lines as, 'looks like you've got moose and squirrel in your hair', lol.
  21. K

Rocky and His Friends

Loved those groaners. I always waited for them just to see how good/bad they would be, lol.
  22. K

The New Avengers - Great fun!

Loved the new and original Avengers. A great classic show. Really did not care for the movie version, yechh!
  23. K

Rocky and His Friends

Loved the show, especially since it was somewhat of a cartoon variety show. Especially liked Fractured Fairy Tales and Mr. Peabody & Sherman, with the wayback machine. One of the reasons I enjoyed, and continue to enjoy cartoons from the 50-60's so much is that they were not necessarily...
  24. K

Interstellar

It was either Neil deGrasse Tyson (astrophysicist), or Michio Kaku (theoretical physicist) that gave the film a thumbs up for proper use of astro/quantum-physics in the film. From what I have read others in their fields were also pleased with it.
  25. K

The White Van Special is Back!!!

Bought a set of 'white van' speakers back in the early 80's, only because I needed a cheap set to use for outdoor purposes. The guy must have had time to kill as I insisted upon hearing them first, and he agreed to bring a pair into the sporting goods store where I was working, and we hooked...
Back
Top Bottom