Search results

1. renfrow

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

Couple of my turntables: Technics SL-1100a Pioneer PL-L1000
  2. renfrow

Great names for bands that may not exist.

Autonomous Thumb Chocolate Shock Therapy Checkerhead (from "Mystery Men") Chronic Constipation No Forwarding Address Fractious Bumpkin
  3. renfrow

Jazz suggestions for a certain mood

Couldn't get all the videos into one message... This isn't jazz, but, it may have the vibe you're looking for, The Doors, "Riders on the Storm": Ditto, It's a Beautiful Day, "White Bird": Another Ditto, Robin Trower, "Bridge of Sighs": Oh, one other you may enjoy, Maurice Ravel, "Bolero"...
  4. renfrow

Jazz suggestions for a certain mood

Miles Davis was mentioned above, here are some specifics: Concerto De Aranjuez: You may like this whole Miles Davis album ("So What"): Chet Baker, Paul Desmond, Jim Hall, and others also did a rendition of Concerto De Aranjuez: A classical piece you may like, Claude Debussey, "Prelude to...
  5. renfrow

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Oscar Peterson - Songbooks (Porter, Ellington, Gershwin) - Disc 3
  6. renfrow

Box Sets worth getting..

If you guys are all into vinyl, perhaps this doesn't belong here... Have you seen all those sets of CDs that contain between 6 and 14 albums of a particular artist? I've bought several of them, and have been pleased with them, but, these sets are often only 9-15 dollars. How can the set...
  7. renfrow

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Bill Evans & Chet Baker - The Legendary Sessions (1959 Album) Came up on Youtube, the whole album, so I decided to listen to it... decided to buy the album, it's in my Amazon cart.
  8. renfrow

Detecting need for capacitor replacement in crossover

I'm always reading about people not appreciating this or that speaker, and being advised to replace the capacitors in the crossover, and to see if that doesn't help their enjoyment of the speaker. Seems like if the value of a capacitor, in a crossover, changes, there should be detectable changes...
  9. renfrow

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

For those that still wear glasses: Cabelas has clip on magnifiers in their fly fishing section. These are flipup type, and, as I recall, they come in +1.0 to +4.0 diopters with .5 steps. They may not have them all, at they same time, you may have to special order the size(s) you want. I think I...
  10. renfrow

What system do you listen to while at the computer?

Since I've just moved, I don't have my system setup at my computer, yet, it's still in storage somewhere. I found this picture of it before the move, and wondered what everyone else listens to while at the computer. This iteration is/was: Pioneer SA-420 integrated amp, Xiang Sheng (Grant...
  11. WorkspaceStereo

WorkspaceStereo

New Large Advent computer speakers.
  12. renfrow

Picture Limit

Personally, I'd prefer that pictures be hosted here: how many times have you done a search on something you're currently interested in, to find old messages with pictures whose hosting has terminated, leaving holes where thousands of words of pictures used to be.
  13. renfrow

Hi there! I noticed your lightning fast chicken plucker when looking for some speaker...

Hi there! I noticed your lightning fast chicken plucker when looking for some speaker information, and thought I'd invite you to join Facebook's ASA page(https://www.facebook.com/groups/asaveterans/?ref=bookmarks). There may be a specific page (or 2) for your unit. I had a friend, John Snook, I...
  14. renfrow

Youtube: Building the McIntosh 275 tube amp

This popped up in the listing when I watched a video on making caribbean steel drums. VERY interesting video of McIntosh 275 tube amp being built. Tom.
  15. renfrow

Utah Audio Meet

I have a tentative dinner invite on the 20th. But, I could probably go with either date. Tom.
  16. renfrow

Today's freak out! Psychedelic rock tunes.

It's a Beautiful Day - At Carnegie Hall
  17. renfrow

Tom Waits Is God

There have been several songs, in my life, that I have heard on the radio while driving, that I pulled over to the side of the road so that I could find out who did them. One of them was a Tom Wait song, "I Beg Your Pardon" from the soundtrack to "One From the Heart". I can't remember, now...
  18. renfrow

Today's JAZZ playlist

George Winston - Linus & Lucy The Music of Vince Guaraldi
  19. renfrow

Your having audio issues? Maybe the troubleshooting flowchart is the solution.

Full size trouble shooting picture I found a clean full size version of the trouble shooting picture. If someone would replace the original with this one, that'd be great: Tom.
  20. renfrow

Your first Pioneer And when

January of 1975, mail order from some place in Illinois: Pioneer SX-737, Dual 12??, Pioneer CS-99A. The Dual got lost in the mail, so I waited till I got to Germany in the army (Jan 76), and got a Technics SL-1100A, and a Pioneer CT-F9090 tape deck. Still have the turntable and speakers, and...
  21. renfrow

Is that cpercy15@hotmail.co or cpercy15@hotmail.com? Tom.

Is that cpercy15@hotmail.co or cpercy15@hotmail.com? Tom.
  22. renfrow

Today's classical playlist

Metamorphosen/Tod und Verklarung - Richard Strauss, Herbert Von Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker
  23. renfrow

Today's JAZZ playlist

Quiet Now: Nights of Quiet Stars - Antonio Carlos Jobim
  24. renfrow

Pioneer TX 9500 tuner

I, also, just got one of those. I hooked it up the night before last and had a listen. I was very favorably impressed! Nice full sound, sucks in the stations really well! Tom.
Back
Top Bottom