Search results

1. USMC Spike

Scott LK-150 rebuild/modification thread

After some digging around I answered the question of the positive to ground caps. It's for the bias supply. I'll contact the cap guy and inform him to ensure to wire up the multi section caps normal polarity. Maybe he got the idea that all the caps should be this way, I don't know. I've...
  2. USMC Spike

Scott LK-150 rebuild/modification thread

Revive again with questions. All good stuff here. I have a short list which follows: I've got Scott LK-150 that I'm working on and it has been dropped on the face and on the caps and tubes. The two knobs (left and right) broken. And the right (green) bias push switch is broken off. Any one...
  3. USMC Spike

Marantz 2230 Gift, for whom?

This is so I remember, where I'll find it. I'll find a textbook instead and I'll find a pic and upload it. Here is a pic of them from Floyd's electronic devices text (p255): Floyd, T,L. (2012.) electronic devices: electron flow version, 9th ed. Pearson Education...
  4. USMC Spike

How many WIMA films can you stuff on a Tone Board?

It's ok to be electronically challenged...you just don't want to remain there. Here is a review for Everyman. Of course, I need the review also, lest I forget; and at my mature age, forgetting isn't quite the norm--YET. If you already know this, no worries, some of us might find it helpful...
  5. USMC Spike

In order of most distortion to least distortion: Tantalum caps Polar electrolytics Bi-, Non-polar electrolytics Film caps
  6. USMC Spike

Hi Tom, Skywatcher, Everyman, for those of us who might not know how to ID the parts in the direct signal path, which of the following would we Identify and replace? Then, which parts would provide for feedback. I know this is two different things. I'll post a partial schematic and call out...
  7. USMC Spike

Marantz 2270

All interesting stuff. i would surmise that if they were "Made in U.S.A." it would say that explicitly. A little history follows. Recall during the late 60's early 70's there was the "yellow scare" or "yellow peril" where the western world thought Japan was going to rule America. This was...
  8. USMC Spike

Pat, you did that with the snap in caps? I'm impressed. So how many times did you desolder, desolder, unbend, remove, replace with next test cap until you were finished with your capacitor shoot out? Did the boards live to tell about it? You did, of course, but the boards how did they hold...
  9. USMC Spike

Help with 2230 tuner

It's happened to all of us. We get too close to see it. I shouldn't say this but I will, I was working this amp doing everything I could think of to make it work with the mods I did etc, the DBT was good, no brightness. It still didn't work Checked, checked, checked, through DBT to Variac to...
  10. USMC Spike

Help with 2230 tuner

I was wondering what was in those metal boxes.... Bummer that your having issues with that. I don't know if this would help or not Steven are you good at making sims? Put the circuit in simulator until you can get it to have the same symptoms as you're having? Then, you may have solved the...
  11. USMC Spike

Hi Pat, No worries. Thank you for explaining. You did right with me so I have no issues. Now that I've gotten settled in a bit and more familiar with the Marantz's etc, I do see that from many to most of the kits don't have the caps for the other boards. I was trying to get this done...
  12. USMC Spike

Yes, I'm also sure you didn't bend the snap in leads down onto the trace? Keeping the snap in leads vertical soldering to a nice sized trace with glue on the opposite side would have held it in place just fine for marantz. However, maybe the parts would move around too much when they wave or...
  13. USMC Spike

Hi Pat, and as I explained in post #25 on Mar 19, 2021 that I didn't not know your kit didn't include those additional caps. I also explained that you offered to give me a full refund If I sent all the caps back. Due to time, and that I had installed some caps already, I Mentioned I'd keep...
  14. USMC Spike

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET MARANTZ 510M CAPACITORS

From the first link: I did the math, for the CDE cap 10,000uF, 100V. .006 * sqrt (10000e-6 * 100V) .006 * sqrt (.010 * 100) .006 * sqrt (1) .006 * 1 I = .006 mA. or 6 uA. Not Bad. The Visahy/Sprague-PowerLytic: We know square root CV = 1, the rest is easy even for me: 25*C = 4 mA 85*C =...
  15. USMC Spike

Marantz service manual - tuner section enhancement

I know, four years since last post. QUESTION: Does any one have a Modern version of the 2230 Service manual? An original? A good clean scan? Or Have good clean drawing of the boards, etc in the manual? I've got a good flatbed scanner and I know how to use it. If someone trusts me enough to...
  16. USMC Spike

Ben, that is the one I placed there per your post #50 in this thread. I think some of your earlier build pics showed them with Ceramic Disc on the component sid, and since you're one of the big dogs here on AK :bowdown: I just figured you placed the G0G on the solder side of the board and...
  17. USMC Spike

Yes and it is there. Yes, that is how I connected it. As shown in your pic. It's on the other side of R751 (1K) to ground. In the following pic to the left, the red box shows the C7XX 100pF cap added to the other side of the R751 to ground.
  18. USMC Spike

Marantz 2230 Diode RV H009?

AE Bob, Thanks...I'll go back and do some diode check in diode mode and then apply some heat. Will see what the results are. You must also be correct about the old analog meters too, I've got one that needs the old 30V battery used in ovens. The other two are more recent analog meters but...
  19. USMC Spike

Raised Marantz Capacitors

When you mentioned that you weren't 100% sure, I went back and checked the boards. Seems most of the Elna caps don't have the cuts on the top of the caps...many are mounted directly to the boards while many are also mounted above board. The plot thickens.
  20. USMC Spike

The first part is a CORRECTION OF POST #6 I cannot explain post #6, unless I tested one of the varistors. So, I went back and Thermaled (Heat Checked) diodes and varistors. The blue H009 Diode (checked w/two different 34401As: 600 Ohm start 452 Ohm stop heat, slow moving 2nd 602 Ohm start (no...
  21. USMC Spike

Yes, that is where I scraped and soldered it.
  22. USMC Spike

The PDF maker you are using there should have an tn option of a Searchable PDF. Instead of everything being a PDF Graphic Image, only the pics are images and the text is treated as text. This feature makes PDFs a manageable size. To test, find a pdf with text in it and click on a text page, if...
  23. USMC Spike

I didn't read through the thread, however what the site doesn't know, it doesn't know. May I suggest two things. 1. Please save as file type .doc. Why Lowest common denominator and it just plain works. 2. When you go to upload the file do the following, shhhhh don't tell the site. 2a. Remove...
  24. USMC Spike

petehall347, I lost that too. Let me go do it again and post the results.
  25. USMC Spike

Raised Marantz Capacitors

Brandon, As they say close enough for government work. And it makes sense also. Dingman, I also learned. That is what it is all about.
Back
Top Bottom