Search results

1. USMC Spike

Raised Marantz Capacitors

Can any one explain why the capacitors in the various Marantz receivers are installed above the boards with about 1cm of lead length? Was this supposed to keep them from being heat casualties? Was it supposed to dampen vibrations? Was it supposed to assist derating? Or anything else...
  2. USMC Spike

Marantz 2230 Diode RV H009?

Any info on this diode? Diode RV is a blue stripe diode, H009 and It connects to J706 on the P700 Phono board? Could that be a 35 V Zener, but it doesn't look like one? -- Spike
  3. USMC Spike

H757 Thermistor ??

Has anyone done this? The thermistor should be the Positive Temperature Coefficient type correct? To protect from thermal runaway, yes? 150 Ohm @25*C yes? or did they mess that up and it should be 150 Ohms at 25 percent? That and the 18 ohm resistor in series with it. Can this also be...
  4. USMC Spike

Marantz 2230 Gift, for whom?

The receiver arrived last week, after searching for a while. Marantz 2230, all original but the output transistors and one cap. The owner bought it in 1973 and used it for years. He agreed to sell it to me because he doesn't use it any longer. And it just sat for a long time. Now 47 years...
  5. USMC Spike

Marantz Receiver Blue

Help identify the Marantz Receiver Blue for the dial used in their receivers? I didn't find it else where so maybe someone here knows it? In the rosco-roscolux.pdf are their standard colors. In column 3, from about R60 to R72 are many shades of blue. Many are two digit numbers preceded by R...
  6. USMC Spike

RCA Jack Terminations for TD147 Turntable

As I've been dialing in my turntable and gotten it working better the right channel went out. It went out for the first time last night, so i changed the record and it worked fine. Until now, right channel went out again on me. So, I performed quick diagnostic checks with my preamp Marantz...
  7. USMC Spike

Thorens TD 147 x2

So, not to hijack Plattensp thread on the subject, I thought it might be beneficial no only to him but also others why make be thinking along these same lines. In fact, if you read what Plattensp say's in my quote from him, it sounds just like my story also. Except I found a high end TD 147 and...
  8. USMC Spike

Converting the AD797 MC Phono Pre to a MM Phono Pre - A Mixed Design.

This thread will discuss the changes necessary to convert the AD797 Moving Coil (MC) phono preamp to use a Moving Magnet (MM) cartridge. Hypno Toad worked to create the design of both the AD797MCPRE Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and a MMPRE PCB. These are through hole designed boards. AD797...
  9. USMC Spike

Where to find original: Ssc2525/26 and 2sa1075/76?

Hi For Pioneer SA-7800, SA-8800 series, anyone know where I can find pairs in 2, 4, 6, or 8 of these devices. I'm needing at least one 2sc2525/26//2sa1075/76 pair but would like to have a spare set or two. I'm kind of stuck with the original configuration, because with MT-200s I'd have to cut...
  10. USMC Spike

Electronics Construction Best Practices - Marantz

Hi, At the request of one of our members who suggested we start a thread about electronics design/construction best practices for the Marantz gear we enjoy. While we aren't designing or constructing this gear, we are maintaining, replacing, rebuilding, and refurbishing this equipment, so I...
  11. USMC Spike

MV-13 or 13-MV or 12-MV or -DV1212- part Questions?

I had a question about this or these parts. Forgive me in that I can't find the original posts where this was discussed. I tried. Part type (may have it wrong): 13MV or 12MV or -DV1212 Someone was using one of these parts and mentioned you could use two 1n1418, or 1n4148? in series or...
  12. USMC Spike

Marantz 170DC Refurb/update/upgrade

Bob, Tom, Others: Can anyone explain to me the Diamond topology used in these amps and what else I must consider before going further? I know the caps need to be changed. Probably change the four ceramics while I"m in there too. Thinking Mica or Polystryene. We've got the one giant 12,000uF...
  13. USMC Spike

170 DC Alignment Procedure

I'm going to do this procedure from the 170 DC manual. First the 3.1 DC Balance on both channels. I'm wondering why they want a scope used and not a meter? Maybe at the time Meters weren't that good? Maybe I should use both, first with scope and Old TeK 2246 Mod A, an old HP34401A Meter. and...
  14. USMC Spike

3250 Update, Questions

I've finally gotten around to checking out the 3250 Preamp that I got from another member here. It's pretty clean and I've got the service manual for it, big disappointment. I looked and didn't see any other instructions. None posted either, that is why I ask. I've not worked on one of these...
  15. USMC Spike

SA-7800: another one bites the dust.

BACKGROUND: Got a SA-7800 from neighbor (15 years ago) as its wood cabinet was 1/2 broken off and it had seen better days. That said I used it periodically for TV duty. It kept getting worse and worse in the one channel, so it was removed from service placed in the back room for a year...
  16. USMC Spike

"Best" Marantz: Preamps and Amps?

Hi y'all, Maybe you can answer this for me as what are generally regarded at the "Best: Marantz Pre amps and amps? They have it listed for McIntosh but I haven't seen it here in Marantz? That doesn't mean it isn't, just that I didn't find it when looking. Thanks
  17. USMC Spike

Panasonic National VP-7635 a/p service manual

Hi Gent's: I'm looking for this manual. I found a reverence to a manual at ManualsPlus, but they aren't in business any longer and donated their inventory to the Internet Archive. Searching the internet archive, resulted in nothing. The major manual companies came up with nothing either...
  18. USMC Spike

MC250 Repair: Transistors, etc....

Hi all, Havent been here in a while. Figured I'd do the amp first. How do you use the T03 parts in place of the TO-66 parts with out drilling and screwing up the heat sinks? In my case this old McIntosh MC250 is so prestine I really don't have to try to drill it for the T03 parts...
  19. USMC Spike

Service bulletin 039157

Been spending hours trying to hunt down what to make do for the MC250. I couldn't find that anywhere. I"ll keep looking. Spike
  20. USMC Spike

C24 Premap Restoration

Hi ya'll, I just want to let ya'll know that I'm going to be post pics and the restoration process for my C24. After you look at the pics you'll see that this pre amp is in pretty good shape. I've taken a look under the hood and what I'm going to do first is replace the electrolytics...
  21. USMC Spike

McIntosh Newbie ; (

So all these years and now I find my self a McIntosh newbie. However, I've got the McI gear that no one wants... ...and It is broken and needs to be fixed. MC250 Amp, doesn't work. C24, pre doesn't work. Marantz twenty three, doesn't work. C24 Looking at the pre amp doesn't look so bad...
Back
Top Bottom