Search results

1. LoStrings

Is Streaming the best thing that’s ever happened to listening to music?

I have to admit that I have neglected most of my other formats since I started streaming. I have been introduced to so many new artists that I would have never have heard of if it wasn’t for my streaming service. Plus, Hi Rez audio draws you in to the music, and makes you never to want to leave...
  2. LoStrings

Altec Model 19 recap or GPA crossover

I’ve owned my 19’s for 47 years, and last year I updated the capacitor’s on the original crossovers, and there is a significant sound improvement. Some years back, I did the ground upgrade, and I am overall very happy with the original Altec crossover.
  3. LoStrings

Knight KN812a initial impressions

I don’t think that is a bad price, but until you hear them, that will tell you if it was money spent wisely. I have a set of the Knight KN888HC’s here at home, but I’ve never heard them. My other Knight triaxials seem beefier to me, but that’s not saying anything bad about the 888HC’s. Take a...
  4. LoStrings

Wolverine (EV) LT-12

These are excellent triaxials. I’ve been using a pair of these for years. I rotate them in and out of my system, and totally enjoy them. I pair them with a subwoofer, and they produce a beautiful soundstage.
  5. LoStrings

So, I started this 2 years ago…

I recently put together some 604E’s in 620b cabinets, and am getting the same reaction as you. I’m relistening to alot music, but I’m so blown away at what these 604’s offer..just plainly amazing speakers.
  6. LoStrings

My system was on Audiophiliac!

I’m a fan of Steve’s, and I seen your system on that episode. His viewer system of the day is something I look forward to, But I especially like when he does his whole show about viewer systems.
  7. LoStrings

Shandling SCD-T200 Tube SACD Player opinion???

I have owned the Shandling T-100 for about 8 years, and it’s been a wonderful unit to use. What I like is the fact that it will output solid state, tube, and it has a tube headphone output. It does HDCD, and offers 24 bit 96khz switching. Also, it has a digital out, so if you want to play around...
  8. LoStrings

What external DAC are you using with your Bluesound NODE(N130)?

SMSL SU-1 connected with Toslink.
  9. LoStrings

Old Guy8, great buyer, great AKer

Met with @Old Guy8 today to sell him a amplifier..Great Transaction, Great Conversation. We talked about audio, life, and had coffee..Great day!
  10. LoStrings

QLS-1 - The King is dead, long live the King

You got rewarded big time for all your hard work. When I sit in front of my QLS-1’s, I feel the magic you speak of. Arnie Nudell was a genius speaker designer, his creations leave a presentation that definitely take you to another place. My heart is with horn’s, but Emit’s offer something that...
  11. LoStrings

Thought I Found My DAC and Then

I have a Topping E30 dac, and it has been very good, but lately I’ve been using a Jolita Glass FX dac, both sound very good, and it’s nice to have options. But I think the OP got a bad unit and should probably return it.
  12. LoStrings

McIntosh MC-2120 value

I appreciate your guys suggestions. I know these go all over the map, so I just wanted to see opinions on fair pricing.
  13. LoStrings

McIntosh MC-2120 value

Can you guys help me out with what a fair value would be for a very clean McIntosh MC-2120. It has a power cord upgrade, otherwise in original condition.
  14. LoStrings

Rex Runner..Rowe tube amp

Rex is a stand up AKer. I purchased a Rowe tube amp from him, and it arrived in great shape. He packed the amp with care, and even packed the tubes in a separate package, and shipped separate for a safe trip. Good Communication, A+++++
  15. LoStrings

Electro Voice Sentry III series 2

I own a pair of these, and really enjoy them. They are efficient, and great with tubes. If the woofer that has the foam is the original speaker, I would find another original speaker…they come up on EBay from time to time. Enjoy them..they are fantastic speakers.
  16. LoStrings

RCA Console Pull Project

Your welcome…It makes a big difference..I use a preamp with mine, but the amp really comes to life with this mod.
  17. LoStrings

RCA Console Pull Project

Here is the mod you requested.
  18. LoStrings

RCA Console Pull Project

I have one with the 12ax7 upgrade, and it sounds wonderful.
  19. LoStrings

Anyone recognize these?

I have a set of these cabinets..they are Knight KN1215HC. I have a set of Knight KN612hc 12” three way triaxial speakers in them. Fantastic speakers..especially if used with single ended or push/pull tube amps.
  20. LoStrings

RCA RS-177A console pull refurb

@hrtattckcity, @gadget73, thanks for the information. I ended up getting 100pf 300v caps. So far so good.
  21. LoStrings

Speaker cloth recommendations

I also used Joanne Fabrics black speaker grill cloth. Very reasonable, and great quality.
  22. LoStrings

Electro Voice Wolverine - older than I thought

I have a pair of LT-12’s.
  23. LoStrings

Frazier F-815H JR. Dixielander Speaker Restoration

I have a set of Dixielanders that I restored some time back, and I rotate them in from time to time. Very efficient, great with SET tube amps.
  24. LoStrings

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

May 20th 2012.
  25. LoStrings

Altec 846a Valencias and SE 6550

Enjoy those Altec’s… I have 19’s, and 846B’s…to me, set and horn’s = audio bliss.
Back
Top Bottom