Search results

1. LoStrings

Old Guy8, great buyer, great AKer

Met with @Old Guy8 today to sell him a amplifier..Great Transaction, Great Conversation. We talked about audio, life, and had coffee..Great day!
  2. LoStrings

McIntosh MC-2120 value

Can you guys help me out with what a fair value would be for a very clean McIntosh MC-2120. It has a power cord upgrade, otherwise in original condition.
  3. LoStrings

Rex Runner..Rowe tube amp

Rex is a stand up AKer. I purchased a Rowe tube amp from him, and it arrived in great shape. He packed the amp with care, and even packed the tubes in a separate package, and shipped separate for a safe trip. Good Communication, A+++++
  4. LoStrings

6P1 tube question

I have a B&K Dyna Jet 606 tube tester, and I’m trying to figure out what settings to use for a 6P1 tube. Can anyone help?
  5. LoStrings

Motorola HS-475

I found a pair of these mono block Motorola tube amps on OfferUp, and I thought I would pick them up to play around with..great little amps using 6V6 GT output tubes. I was told that they both were in working condition, so I powered them up, and to my surprise they actually sounded pretty good...
  6. LoStrings

SawaFugi Dynapleats

I’ve been on kinda a roll picking up some rare speakers lately, namely a set of Frazier Dixielanders, that I picked up last week, but today I came upon a set of JVC branded Sawafuji Dynapleats. These are a unconventional type magnaplaner speaker. There are Thirteen drivers in each speaker..12...
  7. LoStrings

Vintage Frazier Dixielanders

I’ve been on the hunt for these elusive Frazier Dixielanders for years, and finally a set showed up on my local Craigslist. They sound amazing with just a few watts of Tube power, being their rated at 104db/1watt/1meter. Anybody else here familiar with the Frazier loudspeakers? Now that I see...
  8. LoStrings

Infinity RS II woofer wiring question...

I just recently picked up a set of RS II’s in very nice condition, but I have a question regarding the wiring of the woofers...the speakers sound amazing, but they seem to lack bass response. I took the woofers out, and the top woofer has solid red to positive, striped red/black to negative, the...
  9. LoStrings

Mcintosh MC2205 lamp replacement

I am in the process of getting my first piece of Mcintosh history...a MC2205 amp. It is in very nice condition, but has a few bulbs burnt out. I ordered a set of LED's for it, but I have never worked on one of these. I don't expect it to be that hard, but I would like some guidance. If someone...
  10. LoStrings

Marantz CD-110...anyone have one?

I went to a audio show recently, and on a table at one of the booths in the merchandise area I seen a Marantz CD-110 cd player. I thought it looked kinda unique with the door that opened to expose the tray, and the display. I know Marantz had a mini system, and this cd player was part of that...
  11. LoStrings

Fluance Signature Series VS ADS 1290's

I am curious what some opinions are on these two speakers. I have been buying vintage speakers lately, and I was thinking going new. I have a local deal on a set of ADS 1290's, but I have also heard alot of positive comments about the Fluance Signature's. Any opinions would be appreciated.
  12. LoStrings

Yaqin 100B voltage issue

I recently purchased a new Yaqin 100b integrated amp, which is very nice, but this is not a review of the amp but about a issue I had with setting it up. I went thru the initial setup with no problems...setting up the tubes, and biasing...so after getting that done, I preceded to hook up the...
  13. LoStrings

Chicago Offer Up, Polkaudio SDA SRS 1.2 speakers

offerup.com/item/detail/393997645/?ref=Search No Affiliation
  14. LoStrings

Elac B6

I wanted to get some input from owners of these Elac B6's. I have read many glowing reviews regarding these B6's, and also the B5's. There is also a great review in Stereophile magazine praising these affordable B6 speakers. Chime in with your opinion...
  15. LoStrings

LetGo Score

I was browsing LetGo.com, and ran across this Oracle Alexandria turntable for the whopping sum of $100.00. I have a Oracle Delphi MK II table, so I know what the Alexandria is made of. Dustcover was included, but I took it off for the pics. Also included...a Astatic MF-300 Moving Flux cartridge...
  16. LoStrings

Pioneer CT-F750 possible belt issue

I just received a Pioneer CT-F750 cassette deck with new belts installed ( don't know who made the belts), everything works as it should, but it has a issue with slow speed. It seems ok with wow and flutter, but it runs slow, and I am wondering if the capstan belt could be the cause? Can anyone...
  17. LoStrings

Garrard SL-95B

The other day my neighbor came over and asked me if I wanted a old turntable that a friend of his gave him, and he brought over this Garrard SL-95B. I was not at all familiar with this turntable, but it looked nice in the Walnut case. It is a Automatic/Manual turntable, that is a Idler drive...
  18. LoStrings

Simple Empire 208 Dust Cover

I picked up a Empire 298 table awhile back, and one of things that bothered me was how I was going to keep dust off the table and the platter mat. I didn't want to put a just cleaned LP on a dusty mat, so I was trying to come up with something that would not only keep the dust away, but also...
  19. LoStrings

Sennheiser HD-700's

I just recently purchased a set of Sennheiser HD-700's. I auditioned the HD-600's, HD-650's, and the HD-800's, and decided between the HD-700's and the HD800's. I really loved both these headphones, and had a tough time deciding which to purchase. I seen all the You Tube video's, and read many...
  20. LoStrings

Roksan Radius 5

I purchased this Roksan Radius 5 turntable about 6 months ago to go along with my Oracle Delphi MK II. I tried a couple of cartridges on the Roksan and finally settled on a Grado Reference Platinum 1 moving iron cartridge. I am happy with this setup, as it works very well with the Roksan Nima...
  21. LoStrings

Oracle Delphi

I've been saving my penny's and my day finally arrived...I finally took possession of a beautiful Oracle Delphi MKII with a Roksan Nima tonearm and a Grado Reference Platinum 1 wood cartridge. I spent the better part of the day yesterday putting the arm on and setting up the table. It is nothing...
  22. LoStrings

Harman Kardon ST-7

Over the last month and a half, I have been restoring a Harman kardon ST-7 turntable. It has been a fun learning experience and a challenge all at once. These tables are tricky with the Rabco tone arm adjustments and all the other little things this table throws at you. Anyway, my toughest...
  23. LoStrings

Harman Kardon ST-7 cartridge question

I have a Harman Kardon ST-7 turntable comming my way, and I would like to get some opinions on which cartridge you guy's would recommend for this table. It has a old Shure on it now ( its either a M92E or a M99E). Should I stay with the Shure and get a new stylus or move on to something different.
  24. LoStrings

DIY Record Cleaning Machine

Like many of you here, I wanted a vacuum record cleaning machine. The pricing is just crazy on many of the decent machines out there, so I decided to build my own. I ordered the cabinet off of Walmart.com, found a Ice Cream maker for the motor at a thrift store for $3.99, purchased a wet/dry vac...
  25. LoStrings

Sticky Tape

I have a question regarding some older reel to reel tape I have had lying around awhile. I am not sure, but I believe it is Ampex 456 tape, with the black backing. My question is: it has become sticky and leaves a buildup on everythng it touches. It actually caused some squeaking in play mode...
Back
Top Bottom