Search results

1. SafariNight

Needed: schematic/parts list/service info realistic STA-2290/31-3009

Just realized this forum does not seem to have direct email ability. Send me an email and I will give you access to an FTP site that has STA-2290 info. "s ta - 2 2 9 0-info @ labear .net" Remove the spaces to from the quoted text for the email address.
  2. SafariNight

Needed: schematic/parts list/service info realistic STA-2290/31-3009

Radio Shack sold VERY good service manuals for every product they had. The audio amplifier section of my manual has been scanned and is available. If you need a copy send me an email and and I will direct you the FTP site.
  3. SafariNight

Philco H-1816 Console Help

Did someone replace the four section electrolytic when the chassis was recapped? Did the two rectifier tubes get replaced? When I recapped my unit the original four section can was left in place to maintain the original appearance but it was disconnected, and four separate capacitors were...
  4. SafariNight

H1816: Danish walnut cabinet The H series had separate chassis for the preamp and power amplifier and used a Glaser Steers GS77. The satellite speakers had very large electrostatic tweeters. J1824 Danish walnut cabinet This model is perhaps the rarest Philco for 1961. It was shipped...
  5. SafariNight

UnGrounded YES I would like to get copies of the paper manual IF possible. Your manual is the first document I have seen that shows the Danish walnut cabinet. It is illustrated at the bottom of the "How to operate" page in the blue bar. The Danish cabinet model is really hard to find. I...
  6. SafariNight

New member from Italy!

Welcome aboard from another newbie. I am working on a few Italian amplifiers from the late 60s and have been unable to identify two transistors. 1W12132 and 1W12133. Not to put you to work on your first day but....
  7. SafariNight

Greetings from Westerville Ohio

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
  8. SafariNight

Speakers on ebay I would be interested in seeing photos of the turntables in your Philcos. With the amplifier and speakers complete my GS77T is headed to the ultrasonic cleaner to strip away 50 years of grime. Another series of photos will be posted when I am done. The Electrostatic...
  9. SafariNight

How many of you built Heathkits?

Kits Heathkit color TV, (Dynaco PAS-2, ST35), (SwTPc preamp, tiger & tiger B) & a NorthStar Horizon.
  10. SafariNight

What OS Do You Currently Use?

Linux Back in the day I started on a General Automation SPC-16 with a massive 16K of core and an ASR-35 for I/O. High speed program loads were accomplished with a paper tape loader. OS? What OS? Everything was assembly. Through the years CPM/80, RT11, RSX11M+, RSM, TOPS, VMS, Unix...
  11. SafariNight

Trio is correct. All of the H181(4,6) units I have seen are indeed different from the Philco or Sams service sheets. The unit re-capped last year had major "Modifcations" in the contour circuit and four resistors added. My first thought concerning the resistors was some kind of Field Change...
  12. SafariNight

Greetings from Westerville Ohio

Hello from Westerville Ohio. Google searches for old audio equipment has been bringing me to AudioKarma for a number of years so I thought it was time to join the fun. - Terry
  13. SafariNight

Philco H1814 & H1816 Hi - This is my first post to Audiokarma so please be patient. The Philco H1816 is an interesting phonograph. Equipped with a Glaser Steers GS77 changer, and radar like electrostatic satellite speakers. The large electrostatic tweeters need 700 Volts DC supplied by the...
Back
Top Bottom