Search results

1. mtlmn1971

Allison 4's kickin' ass!

Love mine as well. Picked up the cabinets with original boxes minus the tweeters. Guy sold them on the bay. Took me about a year before I found 2 sets. Worth it. Enjoy them fours.
  2. mtlmn1971

KLH 6 Find/Restoration

Great save on those. Look like you are bringing them back to life. Just got done refinishing a pair I found. Keep trying to downsize and find more. Really love the sound. Next up a pair of 17's I picked up from a service member. Still had the boxes, and paperwork. One has a dead tweeter. Hoping...
  3. mtlmn1971

Technics SA5770

Never saw a 5770 in the wild. See someone is parting one out on the auction site. :( Jumped at my 5760 that needed some love. Like the look and sound of it. They sometimes tend to fly under the radar. Keep an eye out. * Watch the Tuner. You may know already. There are threads on this issue...
  4. mtlmn1971

Quadcities CL: Sansui AU-888, TU-666, and QS-1

Thought about checking it out but have been downsizing a bit. No affiliation to the seller.
  5. mtlmn1971

EPI 200

I have a pair of 200.s.Like others have said, check the drivers for foam rot. Very easy to drive and they sound great. That tweeter is magical. I use a little NAD to power mine. No complaints.
  6. mtlmn1971

I'm an idiot. Speaker suggestions for warm and smooth?

I think you did fantastic. Great price, great speaker. They are on my want list. Have been. You did real good.
  7. mtlmn1971

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Congrats on the score of a lifetime. I've been on the lookout for a 3020. Well played.
  8. mtlmn1971

What's your latest audio purchase?

Picked up a Technics SL-J2 TT off FB Marketplace for a whopping 10. Even included the Christopher Cross album. lol Works and sounds great. Guy I met last week who I bought a turntable from, he told me he had some KLH Sixes. Texted me tonight to see if I was interested. Won't say what I paid...
  9. mtlmn1971

I'm an idiot. Speaker suggestions for warm and smooth?

Like Glenn said, keep an eye out for some of those he listed. They are out there. Just picked up a pair of KLH Sixes. My first pair of model 6. Very nice and smooth, laid back. Keepers.
  10. mtlmn1971

Technics SL-1700, $130 in Palatine Il

That's a great price. Spent a tad more on mine.
  11. mtlmn1971

EPI 200b

I have a pair of 200's. Great speaker. Easy to drive. Use mine with a little NAD 3020.
  12. mtlmn1971

KLH Model 23 impulse buy

Great pair of speakers you have there. I also have a pair and they were the first pair of speakers that got me back into vintage. There is a lot of info on AK. They have a single capacitor, really easy to change. I changed mine out and the improvement was noticed immediately. They are worth...
  13. mtlmn1971

ADS L1290--$400 DC CL

Wish they were closer. Someday I'll get to hear a pair of ADS speakers.
  14. mtlmn1971

Epicure 400+ in South Central PA

I would grab them. Hell, just 4 tweeters would cost that or more on the auction site. I'd make sure all the drivers are original if possible.
  15. mtlmn1971

Got the domes pulled out on the woofers. Threw in the mids from the 700's. Sound awesome. Had to evict the 8 leg residents. Might watch for another set of 700/900 mids as they seem to rate well with others who swapped them. Think these may become part of the basement setup.
  16. mtlmn1971

Took pity on these 100's. Mids are gone everything else works. Pushed in domes. Grrr. Figured I'd run into a pair eventually but in better shape. They are the 200 watt version. What's another project.
  17. mtlmn1971

DCM TF600

I had a bad front tweeter on one and a magnet that shifted on the other. Worth the effort. Nice sounding speakers.
  18. mtlmn1971

Yes/No to purchasing this pair of Marantz HD88 speakers.

I agree. Red flag right there. I could be wrong but i don't think those are original grills. I believe they were originally foam grills. Anyway, mine did not have grills because they crumbled years before i got them. If you search for images you'll see what the original looked like. Hope you...
  19. mtlmn1971

atlantis oracle 3's, know anything about these?

Great speakers. They are worth the effort in my opinion. Still sorry I let mine go.
  20. mtlmn1971

Yes/No to purchasing this pair of Marantz HD88 speakers.

I have a pair of these that i picked up that needed lot's of attention. If the foam on the woofers hasn't been replaced, it will need to be soon. The woofers can be hard to locate if they are missing. I have mine hooked up with a Yamaha 2040 and all I can say is damn they sound good. I actually...
  21. mtlmn1971

Info - identification thrift store find

Have a pair of these in the basement. I remember when my dad bought them, along with a Sanyo plus series 75 and matching equipment. Think it was from a Team Electronics store. I inherited this setup in high school. It was the weekend party sound system for years. :rockon: Unfortunately the...
  22. mtlmn1971

ADS/Polk in Colorado Springs

Wish things like this would turn up in my area. Some nice stuff.
  23. mtlmn1971

Need advice on a Luxman R-117 receiver...

I'm sure someone will come along more knowledgeable. I still think using some D5 in the volume may solve this. It's difficult to get it in there. I actually followed these directions when I got mine. Solved it in the volume pot...
  24. mtlmn1971

Need advice on a Luxman R-117 receiver...

Are you able to go give it a listen? See if it has static when using the volume knob or the balance. Mine is starting to get static if I mess with the balance. Deoxit cured mine when I first got it. I use a Logitech programmable with mine. 250 for nice R117? I'd still go look it over.
  25. mtlmn1971

Acoustic Research AR-3a find

I also went with Rick's and worked out perfectly. Used vintage AR for replacement caps and attenuators. Love them.
Back
Top Bottom