Search results

1. MikeT.

Audio Stores in the 70's

I worked at Savards Florida Blvd store!!! Connections through hifi. I was just a bit ahead of you, age wise. Geaux Tigers.
  2. MikeT.

I think David was in cameras. I was upstairs in audio.

I think David was in cameras. I was upstairs in audio.
  3. MikeT.

Audio Stores in the 70's

Worked at Kadairs stores from 1977 - 1984.
  4. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Thanks @Rick B , it makes sense to me. I really like the “baseline” sound of the P2, if that makes sense. Anything I can do to add incremental improvements seems a safer choice. I’ve got a trusted dealer that can do the wiring upgrade for the cost of the Incognito kit plus $80 install fee...
  5. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Also installed a Herbie’s Way Excellent II platter mat yesterday evening.
  6. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

I purchased a couple of Shure “obstacle course” albums from an AK’r and plan to put the P2/RB220/Moonstone through its paces this week. It will be interesting for sure. Regarding the tonearm wire upgrade. By the time I purchase the kit and pay someone to install it (my soldering skills are OK...
  7. MikeT.

karmices is outstanding

@Karmices is a, A+ seller. Lightning fast ship. Products better than described.
  8. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Hey @Rick B , I’ve entertained a tonearm rewire but it scares the s**t out of me even though it seems fairly straightforward. :dunno: On a simpler update like the bearing and sub platter replacement I had some interesting results by simply changing the oil weight. Tangospinner says a good...
  9. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Buy records it is then. How long did it take your Tangospinner to settle in? Did you see a difference in measurement over time?
  10. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Brilliant!
  11. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

BTW, what wow and flutter and speed app is a good one.
  12. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Based on my experience with Tangospinner, I would consider a Delrin platter upgrade at some point. Or I could just buy some records, I think that’s my best option for now.
  13. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

I’ve never tried the glass platter “nude” sans mat. I’ve finally found a cartridge I really like that is almost the perfect VTA match with my P2. I tried a few others and tried to insert just a 2mm shim and I’ll be damned if the dust cover hit the counterweight when I tried to close it. That’s...
  14. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Everything arrived perfectly and the install went very well. Magnetic screwdriver took the old stainless steel bearing out easily. Instructions say to clean out the bearing well. One of the strange things was the bearing well “seemed” to be bone DRY and I purchased this new about a year ago. Of...
  15. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Tango Spinner is arriving tomorrow. Talk about great service, shipped right on time and a 3-day trek from Argentina to Chicago. Very excited.
  16. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

@Montycat , Rega has always had a classic look, but their very own. Really nice table. @joecoulson , hoping the P2 will amenable to a few more mods by me as well.
  17. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Just ordered the Tango Spinner sub-platter with Zirconium Oxide bearing and red silicone belt. Thanks to all for helping with my decision. Will chime in with impressions.
  18. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Yeah, the P6 would definitely check all the boxes for me. Appreciate your feedback on your P6 @maxhifi :beerchug:
  19. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

I’ve always loved Rega’s tonearms and now Rega in general since my purchase of the P2. There are so many possibilities now. Upgrade to better tonearm like the RB330, an upgraded cart, maybe even the PSU but that would require the new motor. I haven’t seen anyone selling just the PCB for the 24V...
  20. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

. The new records upgrade is appealing too. :beerchug:
  21. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

You Darlington fans are making me rethink my priorities. ;) But it’s likely to come down to how much I can afford at the moment.
  22. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Newer, I have the model with the adjustable anti-skate tonearm.
  23. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

Thanks for the input gents. Most reviews of the sub-platter upgrades versus Rega PSU come down on the side of the sub-platters. I’m leaning towards Tango Spinner for the simple fact that I’ve entered and exited vinyl a couple of times in the past and need to take a few positive baby steps and...
  24. MikeT.

Best Rega P2 Upgrades

It’s been some time since I posted here but various Rega P2 discussions on the inter webs have caught my interest. Now I’ve owned two Rega Planar 3 tables, a long story, and in both cases I found the sound rather “dry”. It’s the only description that comes to mind, even on a variety of carts...
  25. MikeT.

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Me too! Thanks AK.
Back
Top Bottom