Search results

1. dave1701

Onkyo Integra A 809

Looking good. I have an Onkyo tucked away as a backup/secondary amp as well. They made good stuff.
  2. dave1701

Denon PMA-860 input selector and balance control are not working

Hi Sergei, I just saw the message you sent me and figured I'd reply here. My PMA-860 had very similar problems. My issues were solved with a thorough cleaning of the input selection switch as well as the rest of the switches and potentiometers in the unit. I just followed the guide here...
  3. dave1701

Schlit DACs

I fell for the hype and bought a Modi Multibit DAC. I can not tell any difference between it and my computer's sound card. It looks nice sitting on my desk, though.
  4. dave1701

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Neil's harmonica is sounding good through the EMIT tweeters on my Infinitys.
  5. dave1701

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Willie Nelson Nelson - Heroes
  6. dave1701

Poll: Do you like when vintage receivers have LED lamps swapped in?

I voted no. Warm white/orangey glow is a big part of the aesthetic as far as I am concerned, and even when considering warm white LEDs, I think I would, in this case, want to keep my equipment original and deal with replacing bulbs whenever it comes up.
  7. dave1701

EDIT: Anyone listen to the final track on this album and notice clipping/distortion? I just spent a several minutes running test tones through my system trying to figure out if what was wrong, but I'm thinking that it's just the record itself.
  8. dave1701

The Denon PMA-1080r is my new obsession

Nice Denon. I have a PMA-860 and love it to death as well. I like Denons because prices have not inflated quite as much as the more sought after brands, yet they are great quality amps.
  9. dave1701

St. Vincent - Masseduction
  10. dave1701

What are you drinking now?

Laphroaig
  11. dave1701

Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
  12. dave1701

Here Come The Warm Jets