Search results

1. A

What are the one or two things you would never sell!

ANY of my Aussie dogs..............
  2. A

I love to watch my music

I even like making love with the lights on.
  3. A

Divorce

She's seeing someone at work, don't let her fool you. Women are snakes....."It's not you, it's me".. bullcrap. Guys, you may love them, but one thing is for sure, Women ONLY look out for themselves. You are just someone to lean on when they need it.
  4. A

Any recommendations for a CD player

Read the reviews on the Marantz, kind of ehh. I need to replace my player also, looking at the Yamaha CD-S300 BL. Has good reviews. Accessorie4Less is out of stock on the Marantz anyway............ Found the Yamaha on Amazon with free shipping.
  5. A

the wife's comparison...

So, put your own clothes away, are you 6 years old? I see her point. However, I am single for 20+ years, love women, but will NOT live with their stupid head games and total lack of responsibility...........
  6. A

Amp for Dahlquist DQ-10 System

I use an Adcom 555 with mine too, they sound awesome, just the right amount of power. Used Adcom 555's can be had for next to nothing, just look around. I got mine from a starving student. I also use a HK Citation 16 and it too sounds very nice.
  7. A

A look at one of the coolest receivers I own

You are correct.........
  8. A

McIntosh MC2105 or Phase Linear 700b?

Go with the Phase Linear, if you ever take up welding for a hobby all you need is cables.
  9. A

Dahlquist Dq-10 hummm?

try 3' from back wall and minimum of 3' from sides. Also, they don't like corners.......
  10. A

Epi m202 thoughts

If they are the 202's I'm thinking of, the 330 will not be powerful enough. They are are the floor speakers with an 8" and a tweeter on two sides?
  11. A

How to calculate fuse value for speaker protection?

So, from this discussion so far, I am gathering there is no real reliable protection available. Sounds like a guessing game. I too have a 555 amp powering my DQ10's and a pair of Kappa 7's (not at the same time) But in my quest to find something to protect, most devices have been discontinued...
  12. A

Best Kitchen Disasters?

A room renter of mine put those chinese dry noodles in the micro because they weren't crispy enough. for 3 minutes .......the fire smelled horrible and he had to buy me a new micro........
  13. A

RIP Andy Granatelli

lol..........
  14. A

Tell me about fires.

If I go away for a few days or more, I shut down the mains and turn off the water main valve..
  15. A

RIP Andy Granatelli

I knew him, I can tell you that he really did NOT give anything to motorsports. His STP was crap. His reply? "Well, it didn't hurt anything." And he made a fortune on the snake oil. His tune up centers used parts from Mexico and China that didn't last. His office was in Mount Prospect, Il. right...
  16. A

Bj auction:

Uh, yea, I like 'em, but not going to auction for one............
  17. A

Pioneer sx939 vs Soundcraftsmen

I threw ALL of my SoundCrapsman gear in the dumpster..........
  18. A

Remote volume control for old gear

Will look a lot better, when painted black. Yea, that will make all the difference..........
  19. A

Who Throws Audio Gear Away

I tossed, after a bout with a large hammer, all of my SoundCraftsman crap, ugliest sounding junk I ever heard...........
  20. A

Drill Press

Buy one on sale at Harbor Freight, I had one for over 25 years.
  21. A

If your finances/partner gave you free rein ...

I would buy a new Indian Chieftain. I am really itching for one.
  22. A

Your worst Speaker Catastrophe

Early 70's, Lived with a really cute lady. She had her younger brother visit for the summer. One day I came home from work (stereo store) and turned on the system and heard nothing but a farting sound. Lil' brother had been playing when no one was home. He completely fried a set of EPI 1000...
Back
Top Bottom