Search results

1. N

Moving in to a new house with old wiring

Lots of great information here. I've been having a hell of a hard time finding a house here in California. For every house I placed an offer I was outbid by others and by investors buying houses cash to flip them. Finally secured a home. And with central AC. Once I'm closer to closing I'll have...
  2. N

Moving in to a new house with old wiring

Hey guys so I'm in the process of buying my first house. It's an old house. It has two prong outlets throughout the home. A high school buddy of mine is a union electrician and says it costs 7-10k to rewire the house. What should I do in the mean time? I have a parasound a21 amp jc3 phono and...
  3. N

ADS Sat 5 Speakers

Check out these ADS SAT5 speakers. They look cool and they sound very good. I had them in storage for a while and almost sold them. One day decided to try it out again. They sound so nice. Glad I kept them. I have them running off a TubeCube 7. Using a V90-DAC off my computer. Using high quality...
  4. N

ADS L1290 damage

UPDATE: I placed copper strips of wire over the damaged copper strand and taped it with electrical tape. The tweeter works for now. They sound very very good. I feel a more deeper mid range from these than other ADS speakers. These sound so warm and lovely. The mid range is just beautiful. The...
  5. N

ADS L1290 damage

Thank you. Great advice. I do have a small wee bit of experience soldering. I put together an Elekit TU-8200 amp and few crossovers before. I'm going to have to figure out how to solder the copper wire. I may just solder it from the top. And once I have a better understanding of the tweeter Ill...
  6. N

ADS L1290 damage

Hello Glen. Thanks for replying. What material is suitable to fill in the rubber surround? As for the tweeter im thinking of soldering the wire back but it might be a disaster..
  7. N

ADS L1290 damage

Thank you. Will do. Great idea. What about the crossovers? I have very little experience building crossovers. :( I was driving in my Ford Fiesta ST hot hatchback. You just get carried away in it. Here are some pictures.
  8. N

ADS L1290 damage

We all have stupid moments. Ever had a stupid moment with speakers ? I just drove 2 hours to pick up a lovely set of ADS L1290 speakers only to have them roll over during a hot turn entering the freeway. I damaged one tweeter and tore a bit into one of the woofers rubber surround. I have...
  9. N

Looking at various budget Pro-Ject tables--essential II or Carbon Debut?

I recommend the project debut 3 carbon. My first real turntable was a debut 3. They sound absolutely wonderful for the price. Acrylic platter and upgraded speed box enhance the music. They also hold on to their value well. Cheers and good luck
  10. N

Computer To Main Rig

I finally purchased the V90 DAC. I've been using it these last past few days. I am happy to report that it sounds very neutral. I am very pleased with the sound. Especially at the price point. So far my listening has been through a cheap printer usb cable. I have yet to experiment with a proper...
  11. N

Computer To Main Rig

Some time ago I connected an old computer to my main living room sound system via RCA outputs from a PCI express sound card. The results were very disappointing. The sound was very weak. Even at full volume from the computer. I have a bunch of high resolution flac files in my computer that...
  12. N

Some new speakers

So I recently bought an ADS M9 pair. Its strange that the terminals are located at the bottom of the speaker I find this a little odd. Is there a reason for this? My preferred banana speaker wires wont have any clearance. Guess ima have to buy a little stand for each speaker and...
  13. N

I need a bigger banana plug socket

Success Thanks for the all the help fellas I ended up ordering the banana terminals from part express Here are some installed pics:
  14. N

Wow great website. Thanks! I don't know why i couldn't find a parts store like this using google. hmm those may just works. Thanks for the help
  15. N

Here is the back of the where the terminals meet. [/IMG] I took out the stock terminal bolts and compared em to the 20mm banana connectors that did not fit.
  16. N

I want to replace these two terminal bolts with banana connectors. Inside the cab are two ring crimps that are sandwiched with those two terminal bolts with nuts i think.
  17. N

I had a feeling someone would say something like that lol
  18. N

Hello, I have tried searching all over the internet with no luck. I need some banana sockets like this one but longer. I need one that is twice as long. My speaker cabinet is just to damned thick. Any idea on where to get a few? Thanks
  19. N

Thinking of buying a 10x20 shipping container for man cave

Thought this was cool.. Apparently some countries have been using heavily modified shipping containers as homes...
  20. N

ADS L8e

Thanks for the advice. Ill check out the L9e speakers if I ever run across them. Are there any other brand of speakers that sound like the L8e? Also, I have always been curious to hear the L910 or 810. Any idea how those sound? Thanks
  21. N

ADS L8e

Found a pair of ADS L8e speakers on Craigslist. Drove an hour to pick them up.. I don't think I did bad for 70 bucks. The wood finish is in very good condition. I bought em from the original owner.. he says that he bought em for 300 dollars 10 years ago. Both speakers came with the original...
  22. N

A/D/S avt 148 towers

I have a set of A/D/S avt 148 towers. Been using them for the last past few months and love the sound of them. They are powered by two parasound amps. I cant seem to find any info on these online.. Anyone know anything about these speakers? Thanks
  23. N

Unwanted feedback and noises

Hello all, I just got into computer gaming and went ahead and connected my computer to my 2 channel home audio system. The computer has an HT Omega Claro XT sound card. But unfortunately, I am experiencing some problems. My current rig: Claro XT sound card PH/P 850 Pre amp HCA 750 amp...
  24. N

Comparing hi fi cd players to a modern sound card

Thinking of buying a stand alone cd player, specifically, the rotel rcd 990. I currently listen to cd's from my computer. I have a HT Omega Claro Halo XT sound card. Retails for $250.. happy with the sound, but I know I can achieve something better.. It is all hooked up to a parasound pre amp...
  25. N

Steer me in the right direction

Howdy, I need to replace my turntable. I have been laying my eyes on Technics turntables for the last past couple of days. There are two nice SL-1600's on my local Craigslist for around 200-250 dollars. How do these compare to the SL-1200? Unfortunately, I really do not know anything on the...
Back
Top Bottom