Search results

1. kenrothman

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I had a late-90s solid fork Rockhopper that I bought new... loved that thing! Put Conti "Town and Country" tires on it and rode it all around Boston. I gave it to my kid who took it to college, when he brought it back 4 years later, I tried to resurrect it but the frame was cracked and unsafe :(
  2. kenrothman

Best inexpensive mini chip amp?

I have a volt plus and so far am quite impressed.
  3. kenrothman

Denfarips Pontus II: Its own thread.

^^^ this is the same decision i made... just decided to buy new this time.
  4. kenrothman

Denfarips Pontus II: Its own thread.

I just recently got one as well, replacing a well-worn Bifrost multibit (upgraded from uber). So far it's excellent. My digital path is... Roon Rock running on a NUC -> Raspberry Pi 4 running Ropieee -> USB -> Pontus -> Croft Phono Integrated -> Harbeth P3ESR Source material is either FLAC...
  5. kenrothman

(Highly)Recommended Audio Service Shops Boston Area

Aztech in Watertown is solid.
  6. kenrothman

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

I started a thread in the general forum about this STA-19 that I rescued from my parents' basement. Needs to be recapped, but not sure if i'm going to bother. I don't really need it running at the moment, but it'd be nice. Think it'd have to be a diy job, as i don't really think it's worth it to...
  7. kenrothman

Realistic STA-19 - attempt to service it myself?

Ok, opened it up... pretty clean, considering it's age! So, are we talking about the two big caps here, or something else, or those and more?
  8. kenrothman

I don't think the components hum... they were attached to other gear before and were dead quiet. I think I'll give the recap job a go, why not...? Once I get it opened up, I may seek some advice here on what I'll need to order! And yes, if i fry it, no great loss.
  9. kenrothman

I've recently retrieved one of these bad boys from my parents' basement. It was in my dad's office when new, then brought home and used in the basement workshop for years. So I've decided to build a simple new office system around it, with a pair of recently acquired Minimus-7W's. Hooked up...
  10. kenrothman

Harbeth Owners Thread

11. kenrothman

Harbeth Owners Thread

Thanks! I picked up a pair of the Skylan stands and am happy with them so far! I'm using a Croft Phono Integrated with a modded P5 / Nagaoka MP200 and a HiFi Berry Roon Endpoint going into a Schitt Bifrost MB Pretty happy :)
  12. kenrothman

Harbeth Owners Thread

I'm a relatively recent owner of some P3ESRs. Love 'em.
  13. kenrothman

Pics of your listening space

And, all the other gear is inside there as well. Those front slats are open-air so it's somewhat vented.
  14. kenrothman

Yeah, we had Pat play 2 living room shows at our old house before we moved into the city.
  15. kenrothman

My "close to done" setup... Inside the cabinet (the door in front is vented)... Croft Phono Integrated (with a "comp-cool" fan on top!) Schiit Bifrost Multibit Raspberry Pi - Hifiberry Digi+ Rega TT-PSU TrippLite power strip On top - Rega P5/RB700 with Nagaoka MP200, delrin platter, aluminum...
  16. kenrothman

Epic score from local auction!

Wow! I have a 1970 bronco that I paid $400 for and i thought i got a good deal!
  17. kenrothman

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

i think the animals 8-track has some extra incidental music that doesn't exist on any other version, iirc.
  18. kenrothman

Witnessed something nice at a record store the other day

+1 on Grooves... great little shop.
  19. kenrothman

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

new member of the club. picked up a pair of LS50s, NIB, from boston CL today. replacing my 103.2's current setup is a brio-r with a P5/nagaoka mp200/ttpsu/other tweaks, roon->sb touch->bifrost uber i will be doing incremental upgrades as finances allow. next step is to get the bifrost...
  20. kenrothman

Fried speakers

I have a line on a pair of Model R's in the Boston area (a friend's). PM me if interested.
  21. kenrothman

A good amp to drive my AR3a's

i used to run mine (now gone) with a pioneer sx-1010 (also gone). they didn't work as well with a scott 222c (also gone) :)
  22. kenrothman

RSD 2014 what did you get? How was your experience?

Aerosmith Rocks Spoon Love Ways Husker Du Candy Apple Grey
  23. kenrothman

Fender "75" Tube guitar amp value?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that speaker may be worth a bit too... i think it may be a fair bit older than that amp. I think those old JBL instrument speakers are sought after. You could go over to thegearpage.net and ask there.
  24. kenrothman

Is this a "scroe"?

I had one of these for a while. It was awesome... but overkill when I moved into a smaller place. That, and the lack of HDMI killed it for me. But if you want a modern powerful beast, this thing is fantastic.
  25. kenrothman

latest refinements and updates... Rega P5 with gt subplatter, lim double pulley, dv 10x5 cart Rega Brio-R Squeezebox Touch Schiit Bifrost Uber Rega TT-PSU Rotel RLC-900 VPI 16.5 KEF 103.2
Back
Top Bottom