Search results

1. fredeb

JVC QL-7, best $250-cartridge

Sexy !
  2. fredeb

Older Pickering V15 or Stanton 500 series this one - https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/part_detail.asp?PNumberBase=604&SearchType=AssociatedItem&MfgName=&Categories=EVG%20Nude%20Diamond
  3. fredeb

Thanks for your advice @HamboneF18 ! @seagiant , for your cart or later Stanton this one : https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/part_detail.asp?PNumberBase=606&SearchType=AssociatedItem&MfgName=&Categories=EVG Nude Diamond
  4. fredeb

Thanks for the correction , before something went horribly wrong . Perhaps @seagiant should post a picture of his V15 micro , so we can see if the nude from Gary will fit . I have Stanton 500 series body/cartridge - Will the nude stylus I linked fit that ? I also have a 681 body with no...
  5. fredeb

I've had one of those previously , sounds very good set up properly . I'm sure the Pickering V15 sounds very good , legendary cartridges . If I'm not mistaken the Stanton 600 series styli fit that body , should be some excellent styli available . Perhaps even a nude elliptical from Gary at...
  6. fredeb

Apologies for the necro-post here , I just wanted to mention that there are Eliptical needles available for the Z1-S , and in my experience , sounds good . https://www.turntableneedles.com/DTZ1EB_Stylus_for_JVC no stock now...
  7. fredeb

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jun 3, 2012
  8. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

Beautiful shots there Gobam ! Interesting to see how similar your stylus is to ChefE's earlier in this thread .
  9. fredeb

Canton Quinto 540

Looking good !
  10. fredeb

Canton Quinto 540

I'd love to hear your listening impressions . Fine work indeed !
  11. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

Hi Jason - the cart may also work on your JVC QL-Y5F . I just checked out the specs at vinylengine and read that the arm fitted with a servo loop to automatically adjust arm resonance ! Crazy ! https://www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/ql-y5f.shtml " A top model from the JVC range, the QLY5F...
  12. fredeb

60's EMI Speakers sound better than my Wilson Audio speakers???

Makes sense - hear what the end-user will hear .
  13. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

Listening to Black Sabbath's self-titled 1st album " Black Sabbath " , Damn ! I don't think I've ever heard it sound this good . Ozzies voice is crystal clear , highs are shimmering and the bass is rock solid and well-defined . I have a fairly decent collection of vintage carts and this one is...
  14. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

Sorry about that Manfred , I added my location after I noted your comment re US hardware stores . In South Africa such small screws can probably be had from engineering supply stores , or Cape Watchmakers .
  15. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

Thanks for the info Manfred - M2 are the same screws that get used to fasten cd roms to a computer chassis methinks , so let me give those a try . I was afraid it may be some unobtainable ( in South Africa anyway ) imperial size - whereas I should have realized that the Swiss and Germans have...
  16. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

Hi , and thanks Manfred ! The only drawback I'm experiencing with the TP11 arm is that I only have long screws ( that screw into the finger-lift ) . These screws are thinner than regular head-shell screws , so I'm having to use 2 of the Thorens headshell spacers + spare nuts and washers to get...
  17. fredeb

AT450 Cartridge

I recently acquired one of these carts ( NOS AT450 P-mount w 1/2" adapter ) , and I am absolutely blown away by the sound quality . I have the cart mounted with 1/2" adapter on a TD166 Mk2 with TP11 Mk2 arm ( 7.5g eff mass ) tracking at 1.2g . No dynamic compliance figures are quoted in the spec...
  18. fredeb

Marantz HD550 Vari-Q plugs. Foam replacement ??

A pool noodle painted black , and covered with a black sock should do nicely for a port bung . I know this is an old thread , adding info for anyone researching their HD-550's . :)
  19. fredeb

Electro-voice EV-two KD

And now it's 8 years old , but just to add some information , the cross over is not original , here's a pic of the cross over
  20. fredeb

What type of cartridge is this?

If you need a new stylus , get an elliptical one cheap here . On the second photo it looks like a piece of hair is trailing behind the needle , so check that the stylus tip is not gunked up . You can easily loosen the thumb-nut and remove the headshell to inspect properly . Also check that the...
  21. fredeb

Empire Cartridge Question

Check out this video on proper turntable setup :
  22. fredeb

May I Introduce You To The Audiomod Classic

Several times in the past I've eyed this arm , certainly does look quite beautiful , and does look of substantially better build quality than the standard arm . As far as comparisons go with same cartridge on same table ? Not really valid in as far as compliance is concerned . Time and time...
  23. fredeb

Empire 999/II ME/X

:lmao: Thanks for the warning Wualta . I sent Gary a mail , asking if it were possible to change to 2x PDE , and no DET if shaft is thinner . Else , as you say , I'll start looking for a cart that fits , why just last night I was looking , and a coupla the models you mention came up ...
  24. fredeb

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Amazing images Steve . I pressed the button on 239-PDE and 239-DET for my newly acquired 999-II MEX , I should have them in about a month's time , amped to see and hear them . Unfortunately I don't have a USB microscope , but I'm sure gonna start researching these devices . Is this what you use...
Back
Top Bottom