Search results

1. J

Marantz hd-dac1

Thanks for the input! i was expecting a better response on this forum but i'll take what i can get.
  2. J

Marantz hd-dac1

New to the DAC world, and i just picked up a marantz hd-dac1 and i'm trying to wrap my head around what to do with this thing! I was thinking i could use it as a preamp to a 2 channel NAD amp i have, and connect a cd player i have into the optical input to listen to cd's. I also have a sacd...
  3. J

M&K Satellites

And also keep in mind that those knobs in the back arent just gains, they are pretty high tech crossover networks that alter the sound character completely.
  4. J

M&K Satellites

I have a pair of the s1b's, s2 and s3'S. They are really nice sounding speakers, i have mine paired with a couple of m&k mx-90 subs that you can find around $300 each. The s1b's with those subs are one of the best setups ive evr heard, definately worth keeping those but you will need a sub to...
  5. J

How to connect an amp and 2 powered subwoofers?

I guess the thing that I'm trying to do is have the dahlquists work at their full bass potential and have the subs just blend in at about 50-60hz which can easily be achieved through the subs built in crossover. They sound great now, I just feel like the subs are doing the majority of the bass...
  6. J

A simple y-adapter can easily turn a single subwoofer output into 2 with almost no loss in audio quality. My home theater setup has a single sub output and is connected to 5 subs, with no issues. Some schools of thought believe that you only need a single sub for 2 channel audio, but a lot of...
  7. J

Maybe you should reread my original post which clearly states that I'm using a hk avr 65 receiver as a preamp only! It's connected to a hk signature 2 channel amp that puts out 325 watts @ 4 ohms, and 200 watts @ 8 ohms which is also the recommended max wattage for the dahlqists. My problem is...
  8. J

Actually, the dahlquists are only capable of bass to around 46 hz and they even made subs specifically for them for that reason. They produce decent bass but subs make a huge difference the bottom end on these, dq-10s aren't designed for deep bass.
  9. J

You really are missing the point here, I have a good quality 2 ch amp and non hdmi sources. There's nothing wrong with using a high quality avr receiver as a preamp in most cases and it sounds really good. My question is regarding hookup only, I don't need change my whole system to address this...
  10. J

I'm usually pretty good with connecting stuff but i want to get some opnions before i do this Here's the system: Harmon kardon avr65 being used as a preamp, hk signature 2 channel amp, 2 miller kreisel mx90 subs(used as left and right), dahlquist dq-10 main speakers. I had it hooked up with the...
  11. J

A 10 Year Scroe In The Making!

Great vintage equipment! Although the speakers may have gotten moisture the other stereo equipment looks very nice. I'm sure your friend is glad that you were patient about aquiring that stuff and like others have said it's not always about money! Plus you told her the value and she still gave...
  12. J

Onkyo Integra A 809

I used to work at circuit city back in the 90's and used to sell that amp. Bought one at one point and got into a pinch and had to sell it. i regretted selling it and ordered another one before i quit there and still have it this day. Alot of really nice features including both mc/mm phono...
  13. J

Just saw the amps I sold locally up on Eprey and am a bit bothered.

People will always try to butter you up with a sob story to help lower the price, they are selling you something too...a bunch of bullsh**! Flippers have little integrity and drive the price up for everyone else unfortunately. Reminds of an old Clint Eastwood movie line “Every whore has a...
  14. J

Ar-xa with Merrill suspension?

Thanks for all the help, I’m thinking that repainting the plinth and some woood finish and this would be a really neat looking and nice sounding table. The simplicity of it is very appealing, definitely gonna be a keeper!
  15. J

I don’t have anything to compare it with. I can tell you that the platter doesnt want to settle down into the spindle its so snug. It just kinda floats too high over plinth on an oil/air cushion. Any way to remedy that?
  16. J

Im not sure if the spindle is new, heres a couple pictures of it though.
  17. J

I recently picked up a ar-xa in somewhat rough condition but the table has the Merrill suspension upgrades and it seems like it would be a relatively easy table to clean up and restore. The icing on the cake is that it also has a Sumiko tonearm and it also came with a audio Technica At155lc...
  18. J

Sony DVP-S7000 find!

I bought one of these off ebay a few years ago(around $100 I recall). I'm just using it as a 2 channel cd player for which it is highly regarded, although dvd player capabilities are nothing to complain about either..Good score!
  19. J

Record cleaning, is it this simple?

I guess what I was getting at is that although it "looks" really shiny I would think it needs to be rinsed off, then maybe dried off or it may leave some residue that may be deep in the grooves of the record? I did buy a few records from them so I will give them a listen and see if I can notice...
  20. J

Record cleaning, is it this simple?

I recently checked out a really nice record store in Michigan. Most albums looked to be in really clean condition and I noticed one of the workers sitting down and wiping down some newly acquired albums. I asked him if they cleaned all the albums before they get put out on the floor, to which he...
  21. J

What do I do now? My obsession is stagnant.

Still a lot more things to obsess about in this hobby but you are off to a great start! =Start going to every garage sale and estate sale you can =Make sure you have backups, even for your backups! =Start moving around furniture that may be detrimental to the soundstage Just a few things to get...
  22. J

yamaha yp-d71 balance issues?

After another close look at what the cue mechanism does ive ruled that out, also found that it will drift away when the antiskate weight is disconnected also. I double checked turntable with a bubble level and ruled that out also..That leaves only a couple things, I was able to find someone that...
  23. J

yamaha yp-d71 balance issues?

I just acquired a really nice yp-d71 turntable and im having a few problems getting the tonearm dialed in right. First thing I noticed was that when I moved the arn off the rest, the arrn was sticking in the up/down position, basically it was not loose and I was able to free it up by working it...
  24. J

Aja original master lp...weird haze from sleeve removal?

Ripples in the sand is EXACTLY what it looks like. I'm going to try and take some before and after pictures of the process. My best guess is that the inner sleeve got really hot/humid and it has chemically reacted, but it doesn't seem like it is going to be too hard to get off(wishful thinking...
  25. J

Aja original master lp...weird haze from sleeve removal?

The only thing I’ve ever don’t to the records I play is use an anti static brush. The records I personally buy are usually near mint, or close to it. I just went on amazon and ordered the vinyl styl cleaning kit and I’m gonna give that a try. It comes with i velvet brush and some fluid you...
Back
Top Bottom