Search results

1. J

Marantz hd-dac1

New to the DAC world, and i just picked up a marantz hd-dac1 and i'm trying to wrap my head around what to do with this thing! I was thinking i could use it as a preamp to a 2 channel NAD amp i have, and connect a cd player i have into the optical input to listen to cd's. I also have a sacd...
  2. J

How to connect an amp and 2 powered subwoofers?

I'm usually pretty good with connecting stuff but i want to get some opnions before i do this Here's the system: Harmon kardon avr65 being used as a preamp, hk signature 2 channel amp, 2 miller kreisel mx90 subs(used as left and right), dahlquist dq-10 main speakers. I had it hooked up with the...
  3. J

Ar-xa with Merrill suspension?

I recently picked up a ar-xa in somewhat rough condition but the table has the Merrill suspension upgrades and it seems like it would be a relatively easy table to clean up and restore. The icing on the cake is that it also has a Sumiko tonearm and it also came with a audio Technica At155lc...
  4. J

Record cleaning, is it this simple?

I recently checked out a really nice record store in Michigan. Most albums looked to be in really clean condition and I noticed one of the workers sitting down and wiping down some newly acquired albums. I asked him if they cleaned all the albums before they get put out on the floor, to which he...
  5. J

yamaha yp-d71 balance issues?

I just acquired a really nice yp-d71 turntable and im having a few problems getting the tonearm dialed in right. First thing I noticed was that when I moved the arn off the rest, the arrn was sticking in the up/down position, basically it was not loose and I was able to free it up by working it...
  6. J

Aja original master lp...weird haze from sleeve removal?

Just got Aja lp from eBay and of course it was described “like new”, Unfortunately it looks as if this record may have been subjected to a really humid environment at one time and there is clearly a “haze” all over both sides of the record that needs to be removed. Any suggestions on what is the...
  7. J

luxman rx-102, enough power to handle ar90's?

I recently acquired a luxman rx-102(suckface). It is only rated at 60 wpc, ive hooked it up to some m&k 4 ohm bookshelves and it drives them quite easily. The ar90's are rated at 4ohms also but are a much larger tower speaker each containing 2-10 inch woofers and have managed to destroy a couple...
  8. J

CD storage question?

Over the past few years I've been snatching up cd's on the cheap and It's gotten a little out of hand, 7-800 total cd's and I have a 300 and 400 sony player I can load most into. I have a big folder for the sleeves which worked well for my original collection but this is way too many to do that...
  9. J

Miller & kreisel score, very impressed!I

i was fortunate to find a local seller for a M&k sub/sat system and really only wanted the mix-90 sub to begin with. After checking out the sat speakers and working out a great price for the whole setup I loaded it up and brought them home. System was 3 S-2B's, 2 S-3B's and a mx-90 subwoofer...
  10. J

Laserdisc rabbit hole, short lived.

I stumbled across a pioneer cld-d504 laser disc player for $10 at gw and thought why not? I've never had one and always have been intrigued by them so I went on ebay and bought a few dics to try it out on my 92" screen projector After connecting it up and putting a movie in I hate to admit it...
  11. J

rotel rb985 on a 4ohm speaker?

I just picked up a rotel rb985 5 channel power amp and I'm gonna use it for my surround sound system.This amp is rated at 100wpc rms at 8ohms, not sure what that translate to at 4 ohms and the manual doesn't say what it would be either. My left/right mains are ar90's which are 4ohm speakers...
  12. J

Is using a vintage pair of ar90s for home theater mains a bad idea?

I will try to keep this short but, ive been on the fence for about 2 years and here's the dilemma.. I have a nice big basement with a 100" projector screen and it's been serving as a home theater room for about 8 years..in that time I've been bitten by the vintage audio bug and would like to...
  13. J

Should I upgrade my CD player?

Im finally getting my home stereo system to the point where im very happy with the sound, from restoring a pair of ar90's to a bang & olufsen garage sale turntable and various eBay purchases it has been a journey to the best I could manage. I have a Sony 300 disc changer and Phillips cd's...
  14. J

Good preamp suggestions?

Hello all. I recently restored a pair of acoustic research ar-90's and just bit the bullet and purchased a hk 1.5 2 channel amp to drive the speakers better than the 100 watt integrated amp I was using(onkyo), I connected the hk amp to an older hk avr25ii receiver to use as a preamp but I feel...
  15. J

Sony Tc-k890es not playing?

Hello all, I just got a great looking 890es tape deck for virtually nothing and thought for sure it would work but I know nothing about its history. I put a tape in and hit play and it makes some clicks but never plays the tape. It will fast forward and rewind though. Is this something like a...
  16. J

Preout/Main In ? Quadraflex.

Just a quick question about this Quadraflex 767 reciever i just picked up.. I noticed that there weren't jumpers between the preout/main in and thought they probably neede to be there... The question is: Can i just use a set of rca jacks to loop them from one to the other, or do i need to use...
  17. J

Sansui Fr1080 opinions...

I've been on the hunt for a nice vintage TT for a while and stumbled across a sansui fr1080 at a garage sale in excellent condition, not knowing much about the sansui lineup a bought it for 80 bucks, and then found out the belt had literally melted into tar! No big deal there to replace, and it...
  18. J

AR 90's Worth saving?

To make a long story short, these speakers were rescued from the trash a couple years ago, they had water damage from a flood... Gave them to a neighbor cuz i didnt have a use for them at the time, now i get them back and one of the side woofers are shot, 8 inch fronts need refoaming but the...
  19. J

80's jensen/scott gurus's?

Hi All, new to the forum and love this place! I thought i would shoot this out there to get some opinions about a yard sale find today.. i found a pair of jensen monitor c tower speakers that have a woofer, mid and tweeter in front and a tweeter in back but need the surrounds replaced on...
Back
Top Bottom