Search results

1. brian222

Technics sl-23 question

TT about to be cleaned up but this white. Is that original or is it wear ? I'm the second owner and have had it for 7 years.
  2. brian222

Not sure about getting a phono pre amp

Apparently my older Teac ag-790 has one. Could be wrong. Nothing in the manual. Anyway I have to turn the volume way up with LP'S. Would an external unit make that much difference? TT is a Technics sl-23. Thanks.
  3. brian222

Esquire just rated 4 turntables

Recent article. September/October. Sorry don't have a link.
  4. brian222

Jeep ad with Mac

Must be top of the line. How much extra is it?
  5. brian222

Are you an Eddie Marsden fan?

Just watched A Thief,His Wife, and a Canoe. 4 part mini series set in the UK. Based on a true story. Engaging all the way through. spelled Marsan.
  6. brian222

Baseball question

Pitchers often look to first to check the runner. Why not look at his catcher who has a clear look and throw over when he gives a signal to? Wouldn't this let the pitcher focus more on the batter?
  7. brian222

Herb Alpert "This Guy" question

I don't have a copy so no liner notes. The opening keyboard seems to have a Fender Rhodes type sound but the rest of the song is regular piano. Am I hearing it correctly?
  8. brian222

Better Call Saul - final 6 episodes resumed July 11

April 18.
  9. brian222

Daily Doug on YouTube

just found this classical guy playing and discussing all kinds. Aja is a good one.
  10. brian222

Excellent YouTube Steinway doc.

Note by Note: the making of a Steinway piano. Best 1 hour documentary I've seen in a while. If I lived in this part of NYC I'd pay a visit.
  11. brian222

Anyone put on a track and play along?

I do frequently. Piano. Latest effort is Fourplay "Argentina".
  12. brian222

First "protection" project

Sony str-de705. Got it cheap to learn on. Have a new multimeter. Never used one. Soldering will be new too. Not asking for help on AK..yet. I do like visual aids like YouTube . There's a guy NorCal715 who did a similar Sony repair. Anyone know him or others doing similar work ? Thanks.
  13. brian222

Marantz HD66 Mid-Michigan questions

First time inside. What are these?
  14. brian222

Marantz HD66 pic and question

Never taken off since new as far as I know. Bottom knob spins freely with no effect on sound. Top knob works. What should i expect when pulling this out ?
  15. brian222

Sony str-de705 power button problem

Sometimes after powering off it does so then it turns on. Do it a second time it stays off. That's the pattern so far. What makes it come on by itself ?
  16. brian222

is there a thread/sticky for first time opening a receiver?

Sony str-de705 (1996?). new to me. want to have a look, clean, and learn. i have owners and service manuals. it's working but it is old. looking for the basics and i'm no expert. thanks.
  17. brian222

Odenkirk in hospital

Collapsed on Better Call Saul set.
  18. brian222

Coldplay/Tears for Fears audio clips question

Just heard the Tears one on Morning Joe. Coldplay one comes up often as well. So a 10-20 second clip pays you for life ? I'm assuming MSNBC and others have to pay for this.
  19. brian222

Why is AM antenna giving me best FM reception?

I've tried various combinations all over the house using the usual T-shape FM but this little AM thing is by far the best.
  20. brian222

Headshell-Cartridge combo question

I put this in the TT forum but got no replies. Thinking about getting a pre-assembled headshell/ cartridge AT-vm95e/h for my Technics sl-23. My fingers and eyesight make a proper setup difficult. Would the combo work for me?
  21. brian222

Headshell-Cartridge combo question

My fingers and eyesight make it difficult to properly setup a cart. Would this preassembled unit work for me? It's an audio-technica vm95e/h. My tt is technics sl23. Thanks.
  22. brian222

Technics sl-23. Need a little help.

I need to adjust the tonearm return but I can't see what kind of screw it is. Eyesight not great and a flashlight didn't help. Is it a small philips head? Thanks.
  23. brian222

Touched receiver. Static shock. Lost station

Always getting small shocks around the house but this time I touched my receiver I lost the station. It was number 1 in the memory. 2-8 are still there but number 1 is gone. I did reload it ok but what happened?
  24. brian222

HD66 pic and question.

Anyone explain Integrated Program Material in the picture ?
  25. brian222

Living room system moved and cleaned up.

Nothing high-end but a nice sound for us. Just CD's and FM. FM antenna not done yet. Looking for something better than the T-wire. CD - Sony 5 disc CDP-CE235 Receiver - Teac AG-360 both about 10 years old. Speakers- Marantz HD66 and small Sony SS-B1000 One Marantz question. On the back it says...
Back
Top Bottom