Search results

1. M

Broken Glass on MC2505

Hi all, opened a thread in the General forum yesterday about my poor Macs fate at the hands of Parcelforce and was advised to pop in here - its my 1st Mac and as such I knew nothing about the support these amps get from Mac, apparently it is rather good! See the thread for the glass condition...
  2. M

In need of sympathy - couriers have destroyed my Mcintosh Mc 2505 :(

You guys are the best, feeling rather more positive now. I didn't know about the support available from Mac, I will be getting in touch with them later - if anyone can get a replacement to me undamaged, it would be them! Just a side note, the lamps are very dim - they all work but barely...
  3. M

In need of sympathy - couriers have destroyed my Mcintosh Mc 2505 :(

Well, be warned - herein lies a sight to churn the stomachs of audio enthusiasts. Recently landed my first good job as a recent Uni grad, and thought I'd treat myself to something I've always wanted, a vintage Mcintosh. A slight problem, as I live in the UK, so I found a seller willing to ship...
  4. M

Very annoying issue with IPad coaxial source via Arcam Rdock Uni

Hey all, really hoping that someone has a solution here! I'm using my IPad Air as a source for my hifi, using an Arcam Rdock Uni (one with the Lightning connector) to extract a pure digital signal from the iPad. The Rdock has 2 output options, rca's which use the docks internal dac and a...
  5. M

Restoration finished - 1972 Speedwell tuned classic Mini Clubman

Looks like a great example - like the wheels and I think you may have the same arches as me? Wood and Pickett ones. Wouldnt mind a roof rack like that for mine! How hard is it to get parts out there?
  6. M

Thanks for the compliments, nice to have the work appreciated! Yes, I spent a long time searching for as many genuine parts as possible so she could be "period correct" - nearly everything on her could be bought when she was new. Ive done all the work myself so I could afford to buy some nice...
  7. M

And a few old timey edits: P1010564o by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010567o by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010569o by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010573o by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010578o by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010579o by victor kristiansen, on...
  8. M

P1010579 by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010580 by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010581 by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010582 by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010583 by victor kristiansen, on Flickr P1010584 by victor kristiansen, on Flickr A few from the resto...
  9. M

Hi all, Ive posted pics of this before but over the last year I have stripped it to nut and bolt level and made it near concourse, whilst also loading it with period tuning parts from a famous 1960's (over here in the UK any way!) tuning company called Speedwell - so far as I know, its theonly...
  10. M

Pics of your listening space

On top of mine? The larger one to the left is a pre-amp - the Technics is an integrated but I use it only as a power amp, the control signal come from the HLLY pre, this way I have the convenience of a remote - also love the way the combo sounds. The two smaller boxes are a DAC (digital to...
  11. M

Pics of your listening space

Rather like Bigcatlover, Im also 22, I live in the UK (Lincoln), and also love my Technics kit! Here is my current system, modest but it sounds perfect in its location. Paired with a small sub, it has done me proud. I have always been interested in hifi but only got my first system together 3...
  12. M

Preamp/Power Amp vs Integrated

Let me throw my spanner in the works - my current main setup consists of a HLLY pre amp hooked up to a Technics su 3500 integrated - the Technics is a very nice MOTL integrated on its own but the addition of the (cheap but acclaimed) HLLY transforms it from engaging to enthralling - really does...
  13. M

I think Ive blown my Technics SU 3500 :(

Im assuming that the F on the diagram indicates to use the fast blow fuses? Would make sense :) cgutz, that beer story cracked me up, why was there beer behind the speaker :D
  14. M

Show us your Technics stuff

Ahh my 7700 system... Sold that a while back thinking I wanted to go modern, mistake! Was an awesome setup, but I like the SU-3500's sound better - not as impressive to look at though.
  15. M

Show us your Technics stuff

My main system, a lovely Technics SU 3500 paired with HLLY AMK II pre amp and FUBAR DAC, sounds excellent through my Mission 671's. The Technics is a keeper for sure, bought it a few years back for £30 fully serviced, back before this stuff shot up in price. Its nice inside too!
  16. M

Lovely job, Ill pop to town tomorrow and get some 4A's - to the headphone rig for tonight. Thanks for all the help, glad shes not dead yet!
  17. M

Right, question time again - the blown fuse was a 5A, just took the good fuse out for the left channel and it is a 4A - I have all the original wiring diagrams and broke them out to see if I could figure out what the correct fuse rating was, and was wondering if someone could confirm for me that...
  18. M

Cant thank you guys enough - it was the fuse for the right hand channel! New one installed and shes back up and kicking. Really didnt want to have to get rid of this, its the one of the best sounding amps Ive ever had and is in beautiful condition - Ill maybe not turn it up so loud next time!
  19. M

Hey all, Im looking for a bit of advice on the repair of my Technics SU 3500 - I maybe pushed it a bit too far today while listening to Dokken, as you do! The right channel has completely gone. I use the 3500 with a HLLY AMK-II pre amp and a FUBAR DAC and have ruled these out by testing them in...
  20. M

Glide slope at Waddington

I go to this show every year, just down the road from me! Always awesome, get to see the only flying Vulcan :)
  21. M

1972 Mini Clubman - ready for the show season!

Yup, tiny little fire extinguisher! Although its so old that I doubt it could put out a match. They were standard in the Works rally cars (as were the Heuer stopwatches and the route card holder) and could be bought as an acessory when this car was new :) Went to watch the Tour de France last...
  22. M

It doesn't, its just the cars original reg. number :D Been offered money for it but I couldnt sell it, its a part of the cars history and identity.
  23. M

Hey all, Ive posted a few pics of my Mini before, but couldnt resist taking a few snaps on a drive round some country roads near me - she's all polished up and ready for the show season, first one this Sunday. Also, Ive included a few pics of the interior - finally happy with how it looks with...
  24. M

First proper headphone setup, what do you reckon?

Finally got round to putting together a half decent headphone setup, a Marantz 2015 I got very cheap locally, fully serviced and LED'ed plus a set of Grado SR80's and a Muse DAC - sounds lovely and Im just starting to read up on the vast amounts of mods that people have done to the Grados, may...
  25. M

Gas less than $3 a gallon here in Southern NJ

At that price I could brim my tank for £15 - lucky buggers!
Back
Top Bottom