Search results

1. J

One Word Song Title Transference

Sing! Sing! Sing! - Benny Goodman
  2. J

theoretical physics

"Why anything?" is in my mind the single most interesting question of all.
  3. J

Black Coffee - Peggy Lee
  4. J

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
  5. J

Ugliness - your name is bmw!!!!!

That 503 is beautiful. I might like it even better than my earlier favorite:
  6. J

From Rochdale to Ocho Rios - 10CC
  7. J

Flaming Star - Elvis Presley
  8. J

Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
  9. J

The beauty and importance of the 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix

A '57 Pontiac Super Chief sedan was the very first car I ever drove. Pepto Bismol pink with black and white interior. I didn't get to burn rubber, but I did get to drive. My uncle didn't let me burn rubber because I was only three. But he did let me drive, down the old brick downtown streets...
  10. J

Hold On - J. J. Cale
  11. J

Ebb Tide - Roy Hamilton
  12. J

Ugliness - your name is bmw!!!!!

Odd coincidence this thread popping up just now. Yesterday evening, I was sitting at a red light and looking at a 328i sitting beside me and wondering when BMW decided to start building rolling appliances instead of cars.
  13. J

Definitely a significant improvement over the '62. Never understood the point of the curved front pillars on the earlier cars.
  14. J

Walkin' On The Sun - Smash Mouth
  15. J

Soul Finger - Bar-Kays
  16. J

My Ding-A-Ling - Chuck Berry
  17. J

My dad had a '63 Grand Prix in silver with black leather. I liked the '63 much, much better than the '62. I drove it some when I was 12 & 13 all over the hills of Missouri. Dad went off a mountain bridge in it to avoid a head-on with a wayward 18-wheeler. The car was trucked home. It was...
  18. J

Mean Woman Blues - Elvis Presley
  19. J

The Not So Official Piss, Moan and Bitch Thread.

That was me, last week, only with a jigsaw. Who knew it had an adjustment for angle and a tightening bolt that could come loose? Not really so much a "piss, moan, or bitch" from me today, but more a head-scratcher-to-to-make-one-ponder: three earthquakes today, the first of which woke me up...
  20. J

Breaking Bad - 5.2 - Fin

I watched the entire marathon running up to the finale. Got a lot out of a rewatch, in continuous mode. Altogether satisfying end to what has always been a compelling story. Now that it's over, there's not a single series I'll be keeping up with.
  21. J

Jungle Drums - Martin Denny
  22. J

You're Breaking My Heart - Harry Nilsson (A personal favorite fitting life 30 years ago.)
  23. J

Bad Girls - Donna Summer
  24. J

Ultimate Record Player

Now we need the same technology in our turntables, including that correction for wear and damage, so we can have our sound without further wearing our records. :yes: Cool idea and process and I see no reason we can't have it, too.
  25. J

Stuck in the Middle With You - Bob Dylan
Back
Top Bottom