Search results

1. PHC1

I listened to a pair of XLS360s today (driven by MC501s) and ...

That too, probably... :scratch2: I would have to give that a listen first. :D
  2. PHC1

I just ordered the 60th Anniversary set.

Jerry, give me a break man! I will personally send you an audio cleaning brush and a smock! :D
  3. PHC1

Mcintosh MS750 vs. mac Mini for music SERVER

Won't know for sure until I try. :D
  4. PHC1

They could be much higher quality units and less prone to break up over the soft dome units. I've always said I would rather have 1 great tweeter than 20 cheap ones but maybe it's just me. :D
  5. PHC1

Victor, if the XLS360 with the soft dome tweeters sound bright, what do the titanium dome versions sound like? :scratch2:
  6. PHC1

Your biggest surprise in audio?

Sir, would you like the C1000 or the C220, they are absolutely the same, only the price is different. :D
  7. PHC1

I doubt it. I've heard them too. They wouldn't be my first choice in that price range but it all boils down to preference.
  8. PHC1

Well, if you felt so strong about the XLS360 then it is clear they are not speakers for you. :no: Good thing there are so many different speakers on the market. :D
  9. PHC1

The reason why I brought it up is because I was eyeballing the Ayre CDP and here is what it said in the manual. "A second switch sets the sample rate available at the digital output. Selecting “44/48 kHz” will downsample high sample rate (88.2, 96, 176.4, or 192 kHz) PCM discs to single rate...
  10. PHC1

As per Ron.C "MCD500 will accept 24 bit / 96 kHz as the top input data rate". I guess it should do it then. :thmbsp:
  11. PHC1

Battle of the preamps.

NOOO, they can't have it back! :para: Seriously, I have a plan of exactly what I need for the new room, I'm just trying some variables out. :yes:
  12. PHC1

Should have had one of these guard Pelicans on duty! :yes:
  13. PHC1

Battle of the preamps.

Know any good Psychiatrists David? :scratch2:
  14. PHC1

Never mind. I thought you may have heard them at the same place I did. It was kind of shocking listening to $60k worth of amps driving $5.7K speakers. :D But I couldn't argue with the results. The source was the new Alan Perkins Spiral Groove TT with Tri-Planar MK VII arm and Lyra Olympos cart...
  15. PHC1

Battle of the preamps.

Come to think of it, I really complicate my life sometimes. I had the C500P all ready to go with a great phono stage and really enjoyed it. Then comes the Lamm LL2D and throws me for a loop and now as the Ayre is breaking in it is really blossoming into one of the most gorgeous sounding preamps...
  16. PHC1

Battle of the preamps.

Well, between the 3 preamps, 2 have to go. :D We'll see. I haven't bought the KX-R.... yet. :scratch2:
  17. PHC1

It's probably more of a question if the MCD500 DACs will down convert or play full rez at 24/96 since you would be feeding it to the MCD500. I honestly don't know. :scratch2:
  18. PHC1

Never underestimate cats, remember what that one cat did to your Ferrari? :D
  19. PHC1

Shortest audition of expensive speakers in history? Nah... I am sure some have bought gear without even hearing it first. :scratch2:
  20. PHC1

Did you visit Mike by any chance??? :scratch2:
  21. PHC1

Kimber Kable 12TC

I've heard the Kimber speaker cables and ICs in a system recently and was very, very impressed. I believe the guy had KS 3035 speaker cables and the KS 1121 balanced ICs.
  22. PHC1

And once you convert them to FLAC you can transfer them the MS300/MS750... :lmao:
  23. PHC1

What was the single most interesting discovery in audio for you? Say a component that really blew you away with performance, either really expensive or not so expensive but great performance none the less. :scratch2: I would have to say there were 2 for me. The biggest surprise was hearing...
  24. PHC1

Battle of the preamps.

Funny thing when listening to new components. I was going through my CD collection since I am not doing any critical listening with the KX-R preamp as it's breaking in and I came across a Concord Jazz sampler CD that features Ray Brown trio. At the beginning of that track, as the musician starts...
  25. PHC1

Tube preamp vibration control

Yeah, especially LPs when the unfamiliar table, tonearm and cartridge will make a much bigger difference than an unfamiliar CD player not to mention the rest of the system. You would have to spend some time with that new system to even begin trying to compensate for the frame of reference which...
Back
Top Bottom