Search results

1. T

Receivers

Currently in the market for a receiver- likely a MAC6700 or MAC7200. Can anyone verify the depth? As spec on the site lists 22” for depth, that would be too deep for any normal sized media console. Currently running a C28/2105 to Totem Forests, but looking to move to an integrated solution and...
  2. T

MC30 Thump

Seeking some troubleshooting help... Listening yesterday and hear a loud lower end thump come out of the right channel. Sounded like a louder version of if I were switching inputs. Lasted less than a second, then was fine for another 2 hours and did it again. No distortion, scratchiness, or...
  3. T

MC30/Tube Amp Acrylic Cover

Have a pair of MC30s and a toddler that I don't want to touch tubes. Was thinking about getting plexiglass covers (like a turntable dust cover) to cover them with an opening on the control side. Has anyone done this or have a lead on something that would work? My main concern is the heat of the...
  4. T

C38/39 Remote

Interested in anyone's experience using a different than supplied Mcintosh remote with their C38/39. Would like to be able to control my TV/Cable/C38 with one remote if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  5. T

New Preamp Choices

Looking to upgrade my system(s) and seeking some advice. Would like to upgrade to digital connections and add remote control capability for my second system (MC2105/C28/Totem Forests/Schiit Bifrost), mainly used for streaming music but also hooked up to the TV. I've got a few options that I have...
  6. T

C38 Lights

After completing a cross country move, unpacked my C38 and the left side doesn't light up! Everything functions normally, sound is fine, but I'm wondering how to replace the lights (or if it's more complicated). I don't have the manual and searching online hasn't turned anything up. Maybe...
  7. T

McIntosh C38

Just picked up a C38 and was wondering what the opinions were on it. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of reviews or blog posts about it, but it will be serving its purpose as a 2 channel stereo preamp for my new RP6/MC30s/Cornwalls. Finally have a complete second system, which I am pretty...
  8. T

C28 Phono Level Problem

Just picked up a C28 preamp and MC2105 power amp, and everything is working great other than the phono level input of the C28. There is a constant hum/static noise in the left channel when either of the phono level inputs are selected, and the volume must be turned to maximum to hear the volume...
Back
Top Bottom