1. tunz

I survived!

Thank ya"'ll!
  2. tunz

I survived!

Thanks y'all!
  3. tunz

I survived!

Supposed to end with please give me a shout. Don't know what happened there???
  4. tunz

I survived!

Tunz, here. Long time since I've been around. Sadly I lost my beautiful model/actress wife, and almost my life in 2018. We were met head on by two trucks passing on a blind curve. I received over 40 broken bones, and have had over 40 surgeries, and endless hours of continuing physically...
  5. tunz

Liking the Cans these days

I have been considering trying some for the same two reasons. My ears are not what they used to be. As a result I have caused my wife to make some real funny faces with the volume knob from time to time. I figured that is the solution to the problem before it becomes one. I have never really...
  6. tunz

Very pleasantly surprised!

Still loving this thing!
  7. tunz

Picked up some treasures today

Great score Teisco!
  8. tunz

Very pleasantly surprised!

Today I received the Source Component Electronics Harmonic Recovery System I bought on BT from Vinylndunks. I was asked to give my impressions of it from a few AKers when it got here so here goes. First of all I must say that I was very skeptical of any Black Box technology. Well I HAVE been...
  9. tunz

i gotta keep 'er

Good for you. You are truly blessed. I know personally. My wife has put up with rooms full of gear for 21 years. At first she didn't understand. Now she travels all over the country with me collecting that latest possible ultimate component or collection. On occasion she brings gear home...
  10. tunz

£23,000 worth of speaker cable on Amazon...read my review!

I am no ultra wise man. But I do have an opinion.
  11. tunz

I have a very high end system and I do not care at all what anyone pays for their gear. If you want it and can afford it more power to you. But if you cannot tell the difference between fun and fact to the point that it gets you upset there is an underlying problem that has nothing to do with...
  12. tunz

I don't think the the revues are anything more than people having fun. I do think people taking it seriously are just grumpy, unhappy, kill joys that can't stand to see anyone else happy because they are not. If you take these reviews seriously and it has an affect on your ability to make a...
  13. tunz

Good Pre for Quicksilver 8417 mono amps

I take it not a lot of folks have spent time with these amps?
  14. tunz

I have found very little information on them. I do know the tubes are difficult to come by, and many have been modified to use other tubes. From what I understand from searching, other than modding them so you can adjust the bias individually they perform best in their original...
  15. tunz

What preamp have you been especially impressed with when using Quicksilver 8417 mono amplifiers? I refer only to original 8417 amps that have NOT been modified to use other tubes. I recently picked up a nice pair of 8417 monos with 5 sets of matched quads I would greatly appreciate hearing of...
  16. tunz

Some AK love for Van Morrison

Congrats to Van the man!!!
  17. tunz

If you care about AK please read this.

Thank you for for your comment. You hit it squarely on the head Nightwisher. There are entirely too many rude comments being thrown around. This is the greatest site on the web as far as I am concerned and just letting this kind of conduct continue is a black eye to AK. It is time to address it.
  18. tunz

If you care about AK please read this.

tunz, Tuesday at 11:07 PMEditDeleteReport #6+ QuoteReply 3kitty likes this. Mister PigAddicted Member Messages: 6,985 Multiple posts asking the same question for different categories of gear. Same canned response at the end. It sure gives the impression you are fishing for buyers on AK. If a...
  19. tunz

Which CD player or players is worth keeping???

I have hi-end gear in my setup, heck my main speakers alone are worth more than a lot of new cars. I just wanted to see if anything here was worth keeping before I dumped it all. Thanks to everyone that responded.
  20. tunz

If any which amp or amps you keep???

I have hi-end gear in my setup, heck my main speakers alone are worth more than a lot of new cars. I just wanted to see if anything here was worth keeping before I dumped it all. Thanks to everyone that responded.
  21. tunz

Are any of these cassette players keepers???

Teac a-440 v-707rx w-520r v-210c Marantz pmd-221 Panasonic rs-635 Pioneer ct-90r ct-f424 Yamaha k-17 kx-w302u Fisher cr-w9040 JVC td-w11j td-w103 Kenwood kx-w6050 kx-79cw Sony tc-wr730 tc-fx410r
  22. tunz

Which CD player or players is worth keeping???

Sansui cd-x510m Kenwood dp-r4430 Pioneer pd 4050 Yamaha cd-37 cdx-720 cdc-645
  23. tunz

If any which amp or amps you keep???

I have decided to sell of my stash of gear and have a guy coming to buy it all. Which of the amplifiers below would you keep? Kenwood ka-7100 Soundcraftsmen pm840 I have two Yamaha a-700 Roberts a-901 Sony ta-808m Allen 0381-s Dukane 60 Kustom x-stereo Heathkit ar-19 Fisher ca120
  24. tunz

Great karma for rave0035

I just received a beautiful Garrard type A TT in excellent condition from rave0035 as a gift. A very nice and generous guy. Thank you Rave!
  25. tunz

Yggdrasill is the man!

I just did an amplifier trade with Yggdrasill. The amp was very well packed, and the whole deal was a pleasure. Class act all the way. Thank you Yggdrasill.
Back
Top Bottom