Search results

1. DustyOldPile

Dokorder 9100 -- Thoughts? Opinions?

Couldn't you say that about almost all vintage open reels? Or vintage anything?
  2. DustyOldPile

CX Decoding

So...the short lived and rare CBS CX noise reduction system... only a short list of titles were ever released in this format. I have one of them, Translator's "Heartbeats and Triggers" album. It sounds a lot like a DBX tape that is played back without decoding....thin, without a lot of bass...
  3. DustyOldPile

Thanks, all!
  4. DustyOldPile

You know, I have read that elsewhere, usually lumping Dokorder and Akai into the same bucket. My *personal* experience is quite the opposite. I had a Sansui open reel a few years ago that was reputed to have been made by Dokorder, and it operated flawlessly. All of my Akais (4 now) work...
  5. DustyOldPile

Pioneer CT-3000 bad hum

Thanks for the tip!
  6. DustyOldPile

Dokorder 9100 for reference:
  7. DustyOldPile

I have an opportunity to pick up a Dokorder 9100 R2R for not too much. What can the group tell me about this unit?
  8. DustyOldPile

Pioneer CT-3000 bad hum

PLEASE READ BEFORE RESPONDING: 1. It is not sitting on any sort of electronic device or near any kind of transformer. 2. It only hums when the head is engaged whether tape is moving or paused. It does not hum when the head is not engaged. 3. Plugging in a set of headphones makes the meters...
  9. DustyOldPile

Cerwin Vega 211R help...

Thanks to your help, I cut a deal with the vendor on the above pair of woofers. Now I have a spare as well. And, I found the mid horn on the same auction site. It'll cost me, but it's worth it. 211R's are exceptional speakers and exceptions to the usual Cerwin Vega snobbery. Very early...
  10. DustyOldPile

Cerwin Vega 211R help...

I need a woofer and the rear facing horn replaced/repaired for one 211R. Where do I start?
  11. DustyOldPile

FM Antenna

What's the best indoor antenna? I'm not getting on that steep pitch metal roof of mine, and I don't want to run wires and coax all over the house. Most of my stations are 30 to 80 miles away. I am guessing that the answer is ' you are shit out of luck '
  12. DustyOldPile

Why do you own a cass deck ?

Portability of my vinyl collection. I loathe CD's and USB memory stick players are notoriously buggy and hard to deal with menu-wise. I have a vintage Sony walkman to play them through my car stereo, and I make mix tapes for use in car and home.
  13. DustyOldPile

Add a light to cassette well?

A less than elegant approach that I may try is adding some glow in the dark tape to the back of the well between the hubs. I have to use a small flashlight to see what the hell I'm doing on the deck anyway (Black was the stupidest idea ever for a color... most living rooms aren't lit up like...
  14. DustyOldPile

Add a light to cassette well?

So...there are a lot of great cassette decks with an unlighted cassette well. My three head JVC is one of them. In this day and age of modern LED lighting, has anyone found a practical, clean and easy way to add a light to a cassette well? It's a real pain in the ass to try to see how much...
  15. DustyOldPile

Realistic SCT-31 erase head non functioning

Hi all, I picked up a Realistic SCT-31 three head deck off of an auction site fairly cheaply. After changing the belts and cleaning/aligning the heads, all would seem well, but in record, the erase head isn't functioning. Any tips? Thanks, Dusty
  16. DustyOldPile

Shure 2215?

Thank you very much!
  17. DustyOldPile

Shure 2215?

Hi all, I have a Shure 2215 cartridge, native to a MCS (Technics) turntable. What is that equivalent to in actual Shure model number, and what are the better stylus options for it, other than the standard 2225 stylus? Thanks, Dusty
  18. DustyOldPile

Beware Of LP Tunes

I've ordered from LPGear and had no issues. Let's hope that my latest order comes through similarly.
  19. DustyOldPile

Denon DR-M11 Cassette Deck Won't Play with a Tape Inserted

So I had some resistors laying around from a model railroad project -- to dim down some LED's -- one of those buggers in-line to the + side of the leads going to the motor put it exactly at the right speed with the pot on the motor more or less centered. Not sure what the original cause was/is...
  20. DustyOldPile

Denon DR-M11 Playback Speed Suddnely Fast

I have the same problem. Where is this adjustment screw, by which potentiometer?
  21. DustyOldPile

Unfortunately, it plays super fast. And adjusting the speed on the back of the motor doesn't slow it down enough.
  22. DustyOldPile

Great thread. I just picked up a DR-M11 with the same issue. Rapped the motor with a screwdriver handle and she's off and running. We'll see if it lasts, going to let it run for a few hours this morning. If it doesn't 'hold', I'll be getting a new motor. Nice deck.
  23. DustyOldPile

thoughts on Matrecs speakers...

Old, old thread but here's your answer, which is written for the later "AAL" and "MTX" line, same company: The roots of these speakers started with a company in IL called "Matrecs". They made white van quality speakers (but not for actual white van outfits) and had a large contract with TV...
  24. DustyOldPile

Teac A-3300-10 help

I have a really nice Teac A-3300-10 that's about 90 percent there. I've put on new belts, did my DeOxit due diligence and adjusted the reel tables and brakes and rejuvenated the solenoid for the pinch roller (which is in nice shape). Mechanically, it performs nicely. Playback is great...
  25. DustyOldPile

Grado ZF2 questions...

Having a little trouble finding a definitive answer to my questions by just googling, hoping some of you folks can chime in. I recently bought a turntable that was owned by an elderly woman with a handful of classical records and had been in storage for quite some time. I was told that a new...
Back
Top Bottom