Search results

1. I

Emit version question

http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/RS_IIA_technical_sheet.pdf EMIT Twt Sq/Blk .902...5086 http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/Quantum_5_technical_sheet.pdf TWEETER #902-2252 Substitue #902-5086 DIAPHRAGM #751-3722...
  2. I

Emit version question

All the EMIT Colbalt Saleriam tweeters are the same, other than looks and color. I have made custom Infinity speakers since the 80s and all those will work fine, as long as you adjust, for some, the speaker mounting hole. There was a change with the Kappa series. the magnet material, although...
  3. I

My friend got some RS 2.5's! (Pic Included)

They are in very nice condition, a rare find today!
  4. I

The best of the Infinity Forum from the Experts; start here!

I agree, since all these Infinity models are the same mid-range dome and EMIT tweeter configuration, all the difference is in the bass, the woofers. The RS 4A/B model about maxed out the mid and tweeter in these. The RS 5 model is a bit under bass, but is a great HT speaker! The RS 6B does well...
  5. I

The best of the Infinity Forum from the Experts; start here!

There is the Infinity classics forum: http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/index-models.htm this is good to get an idea what speaker model you have and it has the spec sheets on many models.
  6. I

Polydome has a crack. What to do?

You have to be very careful with the poly-domes. Once they do split open they leak lout the cooling fluid and then need repair, which I do not think is available, or might be so with the different dome material. As for repairing these now, I think you have given yourself the best suggestion...
  7. I

the real price for kappa 9s

Ok many may disagree here, well the poly-dome on the kappa X.1 series is the same, with an added feature, it had a metal mesh to protect the plastic dome. These must be crack free, and filled, otherwise the driver will overheat. I am parting out, selling most speakers, and have the same...
  8. I

Kappa 9 Semits wired in series with Emits

We performed upgrades on other models. You may want to try bypassing the high pass on the standard EMIT and allow the SEMIT to come in at that HZ, or higher. The Kappa 8 was fine; adding another woofer would have been enough, so I believe?
  9. I

Does anyone have pictures of Indinity SSW210?

I have this sub-woofer is very good condition, with the end pieces and they are natural wood. My camera broke and I was wondering if anyone had the picture of this speaker with the end pieces? I will disclose it is another speaker picture and make a pick-up only, cancel on inspection clause.
  10. I

Threshold-like amp that doesn't get hot?

I had three Forte amplifiers two model 4 and one model 3. The model 1 is a class A biased at 50 watts, which will put out 100 watts into 4 ohms, the Forte model 4 is like the model 1, but is a fully differential balanced amplifier. I used these for bi-amping a small but power hungry system. They...
  11. I

Someone could die from this!

Are many of them jazz, or classical music, if so, would you sell them? If you have lots of DDD recordings, I have many AAD, which do not sound as good, and the re-mastered versions are too expensive!
  12. I

Anyone own the Cary CAD 200?

Not so long ago, I picked up a used Cary solid state CAD 200; it has a nice sound, but it seems the right side gets hot? I do not think it is a bias problem, maybe it is where the transistor board it, but would think it would be on both sides? Maybe the transformer gets hot, not sure? I noticed...
  13. I

Emim magnets, Neodymium vs Samarium Cobalt

No, I don’t think they did change size on EMITs, but the last one, the high energy were different, but I had them only a little while in a pair of Ren 80, I never took the ribbons out? I think those were nice speakers; I purchased them very cheap and when offered much more, well, you know...
  14. I

Marantz models, 14, 15, 16, 18, and 19.

Yes, the model 19 was really something special in its day, 50 watts? Then maybe it was the same as the model 15? Some say the model 15 sounded better, all I remember is my model 16 was rated, 60 watts. Anyway, the model 19 receiver is a real keeper. Sometimes I wish I kept the model 19, but...
  15. I

Marantz models, 14, 15, 16, 18, and 19.

Not to mention the tube gear: I had a Maeantz model 18 receiver; it was very nice at that time; I very much liked owning it/ Later, I wanted the Marantz model 19, but it was about $1200 new in 1978, so, I could not afford it. Later, I had a model 15 which was two coupled 14 mono amplifiers on a...
  16. I

If you do a good job on nickel plating, then use a very fine urethane, which has an affinity for the metal. I think you will be alright? If you get and bumps on the ribbon, the magnet has moved yet some do not continue, while some will eventually break the ribbon. The bump may also break the...
  17. I

EMIM Magnet Nickel Plating - Anyone Re-Done it?

NO! Not unless they were monkeyed with.
  18. I

Neodymium magnets are stronger, but cheaper and not well integrated. The best is Samarium Cobalt; these were used until AN wanted to sell Infinity. Although some models designed with the Neodymium magnets in the EMIM are pretty good, and there is not much trouble with these magnets in the...
  19. I

My newly aquired Kappa's have brought me back....

That is a very good deal! I like the Kappa 7/1 better than the Kappa 7, which is not true with the Kappa 81, as the Kappa 8, the amp killer whine speaker, yet even so, I would rather have the Kappa 7.1 for my use, yet to be honest, I like the newer speakers more for HT, but for stereo, the...
  20. I

Crescendo 3007 Woofer blown.......Info needed

They, the Reference 4 does fit and soun, I am almost sured fairly good, but they are different You can find a replacement, I have four which need re-foaming, which I may do to one pair, never both. The CS series and 902-6 something
  21. I

emim power handling

I remember it was a suggestion with the older full source, but Infinity engineers said they could not do so because of the mass of the EMIT, the need for magnetic field to be directed fully to the diaphragm? The EMIM used much larger magnets; exactly why, I do not know? I am sure either John or...
  22. I

emim power handling

Fist off, he presumed, as in suggested to another member, I was Michael Marks. I did state the RS2B was changed in the low crossover to accommodate the more powerful amplifiers, so why would I suggest the RS2B was crossed lower, when common sense dictates otherwise? This makes no sense I may...
  23. I

Which EMIT is the best?

Often switched out with neodymium magnets. They need to be treated professionally with nickle plating to stay in place
  24. I

Which EMIT is the best?

I sold four very good full source for $265 The high energy usually sell for more, as there are less made The Kappa K though, sells for about the same as most others; the older black with 'EMIT" straight, or slanted sell for more, yet they are not much different, hardly any difference
  25. I

Which EMIT is the best?

Generally yes. when original, designed by Infinity, they are pretty good, but when one take the older original magnets out, and replace it with the cheaper newer magnet, this is when all goes wrong. If you have the Kappa K and and, later, they are still good; it is when the magnets were...
Back
Top Bottom