Search results

1. A

Radio - noise on audio amplifier

Hello everybody! I was given as a gift an old stationary radio made in Romania. Aesthetic it looks good for its age. I switched it on but it was heard only a noise and very weak sound. Both potentiometers for tone and volume were broken. There is a liniar design and I used one of those that I...
  2. A

VEF 202 radio

Thank you, but I solved the problem a few days later. The problem was C60. I guess it was dry completly. I changed it and the radio 'recovered' imediately.
  3. A

Loop Antenna

Hello everybody! I would have just one question about loop antenna. I have recently found out about two "radios" if I can name like this which are based on some types of antenna like: loop, bi-directional, dipole and, connected to some modules you can tune-in even as remote, them being mounted...
  4. A

VEF 202 radio

Hello everyone! I have at home two old USSR radios VEF 202. One is from a friend and the other one from a neighbour. The first one works very fine on every band now and I replaced the contacts from the battery case too and the electrolityc capacitors. Diagram: The second works, but it...
  5. A

TA2003P radio

Do you know if there is any idea of project for using this IC on SW or LW? How many turns should have the coils? A similar IC KA2297 made by samsung also it was used on radio clocks.
  6. A

TA2003P radio

I guess so. But I tried some filters of 455KHz. Maybe one is not enough where is a strong local station, or it should be doubbled. even so, maybe to avoid some acrosage or pinching, I guess we can in some limits to change a little the IF for our purpose. Maybe could also use different filters...
  7. A

TA2003P radio

Hello! I fooled the radio and now it works like a charm, undistorted and not covering other stations surround or about half of the band. I changed the IF of the ceramic filters to a lower one. I read years ago that usually the IF for AM should be somewhere between 430 and 470KHz. So I had...
  8. A

TA2003P radio

Thank you so much, but tell me please what doest it mean "w/pader, trimmer"? With or without?
  9. A

TA2003P radio

Hello! Thank you for your reply. The red coil is usually the AM oscilator coil. In my case is as shown in the diagram a 3 pin coil, with a tap that is connected to the pin 12. There is a capacitor of 330p in series with that variable capacitor for the local oscillator coil. Otherwise the band...
  10. A

TA2003P radio

Hi everybody! I tried to make a radio with TA2003P. It works very nice on FM, nothing to say wrong about it. The sound is clear. The only problem could be the ceramic filter (BPF88-108) for the antena, it takes too much of the active signal, but if is replaced by a capacitor of around 15pF or...
  11. A

ceramic resonator 10.7MHz

Hi everybody! I wanted to make another small radio using TA2003P. Because I don't have another 2pin ceramic resonator of 10.7MHz as it is shown at pin 10, I would like to ask you if there is any posibility of either using a 3 pin ceramic filter with the ground coupled together with one pin, and...
  12. A

Question about Lenco

What about antiskate system? The antiskate system was formed by a wire and a typical weight, not an internal common cord or arch like in most turntables. If we replace the tonearm, we loose the antiskate system.
  13. A

Question about Lenco

Hello everybody! I have been reading about Lenco turntables and being a Swiss trademark I heard that was very good. The problems that I found were: 1) why they used those V-blocks instead of pin pivots 2) why most of their tonearms were broken near counter weight? why they used an arm formed by...
  14. A

Need help choosing right equivalent for Ge transistor

Does anyone have an account on RadioMuseum for helping me taking this diagram: https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/orion_amfm_cassette_tape_recor.html ? This is another radio tape very similar to the model I have and the diagram would have a better quality scaned that the once I have. Thanks a lot!
  15. A

Need help choosing right equivalent for Ge transistor

Hello! I have a portable radio tape with both Si and Ge transistors - Craftsman or 'Record O Matic' https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/craftsman_record_0_matic.html . It had some problems on tape, poor sensitivity on AM, overlap on some FM near stations ecc. Hardly I have solved a part of them...
  16. A

Craftsman - Record-0-Matic

I removed 2SB56 driver transistor and after that all the noise disappeared. When trying to connect C120 from the 1st audio transistor to the input of the audio transformer, there was no hiss. I checked with an multimeter 2SB56 Ge transistor and it seems to be ok. Instead of 2SB56 Ge transistor I...
  17. A

Here is presented a general problem usually with the driver transistor which works on A class: The guy has a similar problem like mine. After replacement in this video, the hiss disappears.
  18. A

With a capacitor in series with a headphones after the colector of TR104 the sound is good. With the headphones connected at the primary of the transformer (at TR105 colector)the sound is distorted with that kind of unusual hiss that appears more or less from time to time. I also verified the...
  19. A

Hello! One month ago I bought from somebody this radio cassette https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/craftsman_record_0_matic.html . Theoretically works pretty good on AM, Tape and a little bit on FM. The AFC also works. Here is the diagram from the interior ticket: The radio cassette has a...
  20. A

TESLA NC430 mechanics problem

How? From where should I get this type of vaseline cream?
  21. A

TESLA NC430 mechanics problem

I have a TESLA NC430 turntable, belt drive with the chassis HC43. In time I had to clean it from time to time and today I used a micro mechanics spray for lubricating the mechanics. It work pretty good, but the bad part is that now the arm lift falls down to quickly and after fullstop it is...
  22. A

Dalida vs. Gianni Morandi

Hello everybody! I open this thread to know who created first this song found. Dalida - Parle plus bas or Gianni Morandi - Parla piu piano Both are having if we translate them, the same title, the same musical line (instrumental) and more or less the same message.
  23. A

Another JFET phono preamplifier

Hello guys! I remembered recently about a Romanian magazine since 1994 where was presented an interesting phono preamplifier based on FET transistors. As previously most listeners preffered to buy or construct either "Le Pacific" or "Boozhound" preamplifier, I decided to come in help for them...
  24. A

Le Pacific J-FET phono preamplifier

Hello guys!! Long time ago I decided o try the schematics of the Le Pacific preamplifier. If I try to power the entire bloc from a DC source the hum is higher, so I power it from 3 x 9V battery but they don't last so much. I also placed a 220uF/50V capacitor between + and - for reducing a...
  25. A

Radiotehnika MP7301

Radiotehnika MP7301 as new! Is it worth? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-RARE-NEW-Recording-Cassette-Tape-Deck-RADIOTEHNIKA-MP-7301-OOP-FREE-SHIP-/252123101634?hash=item3ab3b539c2:g:~roAAOSwu4BVv-~d I would choose between it an Pioneer CT200/300/400 or an Onkyo or Kenwood tape deck.
Back
Top Bottom