Search results

1. doctorcilantro

PC as source component

Thanks for the report on Linux Mint. I tried that OS about 7 years ago, it was interesting! Did you have to install special drivers? I thought the benefit of Mint was it was really ready to go.
  2. doctorcilantro

Digital Cable

No, never heard of them. Can you try them?
  3. doctorcilantro

PC as source component

How stable is JRMC on Linux? Friends here use on Mac, and it's still not stable. I find JRMC21 very stable on Win10. I am getting the most stable playback to my Vega DAC in EXACT clock mode, even doing PCM2DSD.
  4. doctorcilantro

Four LPs from 2015 that Every AKer Should Own!

Wow, great post. I've been thinking about join Vinyl Me Please. I live overseas now and harder to get vinyl, I may have to order these four you listed as I love the artists. Thanks!
  5. doctorcilantro

I'm getting a step up transformer, recommend a good moving Coil thats under $1000

I have been eyeballing this for some time. John Ellison had some interesting comments about it's design....lower inductance than most like it? I was looking at this gain calculator as I have an Allnic H-1201 with higher gain settings at 68 or 72. http://www.kabusa.com/pregain.htm If...
  6. doctorcilantro

Rmaf 2012

Did anyone get to hear the DC10audio room? Berlin or Briton speakers?
  7. doctorcilantro

PC as source component

Actually, it does have a lower bit rate. Identical bit depth, identical all around, but it is compressed, and when streamed for example you will see a lower number of bits per second streamed before decoding compared to wav. i use J. River Library Server to feed my hifi client PC, and usually...
  8. doctorcilantro

MM vs. MC

My fav. are MI, currently the Soundsmith Voice.
  9. doctorcilantro

Any DVD players that Play FLAC???

I downmix all my .mkv in FFDshow so my 2 channel system doubles as a home theater, though I am no videophile and downmix to 2.0 (can't be bothered with surround sound although it is nice for some movies I hear). The trouble is with what codecs the WD unit can handle via it's digital output...
  10. doctorcilantro

I ran to some minor issues with types of audio embedded in mkv when I had my WD unit. There are some folks doing HD bitstreaming with J. River over HDMI as you have full control over what DirectShow filters you can use. If you have a home theater this is a great way to integrate to a...
  11. doctorcilantro

I'm not sure if you can push the gui to the TV, but hopefully an app as powerful as J. River would make a local gui much more user friendly. Some info here. I prefer to do all transcoding at the server as the client connected to my hifi is a pretty low power system.
  12. doctorcilantro

I had one of those at my in-laws for a while; they are nice. But if you have a PC and a DLNA-ready TV or DVD player, I think you can push an instance of JRMC15 gui right to your display and stream any supported content to it. You can decode on the server side and just stream lossless PCM and...
  13. doctorcilantro

Can it be done? PS3 with Rhapsody ?

Right, so bitstream to the PS3, then go digital to analog with PS3. I take it you mean you have a better DAC in your PS3 than PC?
  14. doctorcilantro

You can sort of use a DLNA server to decode to FLAC>PCM and send to Oppo or other DLNA ready device, but it's sort of beside the point as you need a PC anyway. However, it is nice to have your master PC streaming to your hifi client PC, but then decide to stream audio to a DLNA-ready TV in the...
  15. doctorcilantro

Post a picture of your turntable

Sans tonearm (wand). ClearAudio Innovation Compact wood w/ Delirn platter.
  16. doctorcilantro

Using 5963, 5814, 12BH7 in place of 12AU7/ECC82

The interesting thing is that even a 5814 has a "little" more heater current than 12AU7 does, but I have heard of people damaging equipment with E80CC which also has .6A like the 12BH7.
  17. doctorcilantro

What TT's do you folks have

Those are the same feet on my Bix I used to have. Cool table.
  18. doctorcilantro

Dacmagic vs sound card, am I doing something wrong

If the DAC supports 96kHz over USB, then it should work, though you may need to tweak some OS settings. What OS are you running? Download the free version of J. River Media Center, Media Jukebox. Also, what is going in the OS Sound controls....do you see your device and can you select...
  19. doctorcilantro

PC as source component

It cropped up on another forum. I can pm you the name. Peachtree had to mod the firmware on their Novas to allow the N to be compatible (allowed more jitter on input 2), then the Eastern Electric DAC seemed to have a similar issue for many users.
  20. doctorcilantro

Can it be done? PS3 with Rhapsody ?

You could do it with J. River Media Center most likely as PS3 supports DLNA. Is Rhapsody like Pandora, Last.FM etc. Then you would just play it on your PC and use the DLNA server to push to your PS3.
  21. doctorcilantro

cannot burn cd's anymore ???

Try XPBurner. Free and lightweight; really wonderful little app.
  22. doctorcilantro

Sound Card......How big did you go?

A USB DAC is often the way to go these days, even my two DACs which I use with my Lynx card via AES have USB. Look at the Matrix mini, the Maverick D1, and the Musiland monitor 01 for starters. These are listed in order from most expensive to least. The EMU 0202 USB would work well too. DC
  23. doctorcilantro

PC as source component

The Airports are nice little units. I was using about 4 with a PC, J. River Media Center, and an app by Rogue Ameoba named Airfoil which would hijack the audio form an app and push it to any Airport. Airports have a digital output too which is nice. Some issues reported using N-versions with...
  24. doctorcilantro

Ripping My CD Library To Lossless Files - What A Process!!

Little discussed is the composition of that convenience. Large collections with multiple pressings etc. can be easily compared and organized. Heck, you could even take your iPhone and use something like Shazam to ID unknown tracks if you have a live concert with bad metadata (if MusicBrainz etc...
  25. doctorcilantro

Who's Using a SS Preamp with their Tube Amps?

Low-power HTPC with Lynx AES16-E feeds one of two solid-state DACS which run direct to Decware Mini-Torii (has two inputs).
Back
Top Bottom