Search results

1. topofroc

MA6100 with LED conversion

Thanks!
  2. topofroc

MA6100 with LED conversion

Great job hadrian333! I've been looking to update my 6100 with LEDs. Where did you get yours? How many did it take?
  3. topofroc

Bowers and Wilkins B&W 705 speakers_matching center and AVR?

@venessian If your still considering NAD, spearitsound.com carries refurb NAD AVRs and separates...
  4. topofroc

MC2200 with LEDs-It looks great!

Thanks Searing75. I'm still debating whether I'm going to try to do this myself. Just don't want to screw up anything in my beloved Macs. If i do decide to go through with it, I will share my results
  5. topofroc

Interesting - so does that mean a generic white LED like this one: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/through-hole/5mm-white-led-120-degree-viewing-angle-flat-tipped-1500-mcd/252/1179/ stuck onto a cut-to-length straw will do the same thing? There's nothing else needed?
  6. topofroc

Hmmm.... At such a low price, I might put my soldering phobia aside and give this upgrade a try...
  7. topofroc

Wow - that does look great... Is this a snap-in, DIY sort of fix (aka no soldering)? I'm a novice with the soldering iron, but I have a MC2200 and a MC2120 that are both in need of bulb replacement.
  8. topofroc

MC2120 - Hissing like a bag of snakes...

Okay - thanks for the feedback. The green "NORMAL" lights just went out, so I guess now is a good time to get everything looked at...
  9. topofroc

@kevzep 1. When the AV receiver is totally disconnected from the 2120, the hiss remains (same behavior as described above) 2. The gain switch on the amp is set to .75V
  10. topofroc

Well, my little experiment yielded mixed results. After switching the 2120 back into mono mode and rewiring it, here's what I found: 1. Changing the gain on the av receiver has no impact on the hissing 2. Changing the gain on the 2120 doesn't affect the amount of hiss UNTIL the final quarter...
  11. topofroc

Good points. I reduced the gain on the amp and the hiss remained. Now you mention it - I don't think I tried reducing the output on the AVP. I had calibrated it with test tones and didn't think to touch it again. For what its worth - I have a MC2200 driving my right and left channels (ML...
  12. topofroc

I have a MC2120 I purchased from Audioclassics about 2 years ago. It sounded fantastic driving two Pioneer bookshelf speakers when I first got it. After getting an MA6100 for my office, I added the 2120 to my home theater set-up. Specifically, I switch it to mono mode so i could have 240...
  13. topofroc

Advice for a man with inherited McIntosh Gear

@ryan1938, Congrats on the gear. You've got the building blocks of a great set-up... Just a word of advice in packing up those Macs for shipping. Order reproduction packaging from Audioclassics for the MC2205, C33, and MR78. It will cost you a bit, but it's definitely worth it. Do not ship...
  14. topofroc

McIntosh MA6100 info

I'm listening to a MA6100 on my desktop system now. I purchased it from that auction site we all know and had it refurbed at Audioclassics (re-capped, new glass, and new gold-platted RCA jacks). I wouldn't pay more than $1k for a 6100, and that would be for a fully restored unit with papers to...
  15. topofroc

Help! - Panalocs & the MA6100

Thanks for the quick response Ryan. I got the case from the guy who sold me the MA6100. I had presumed that it was a McIntosh case, but looks like it's not. Well - at least the mystery is solved now. As soon as I get a proper Mac case, I'll be good to go.
  16. topofroc

Well - from what i can see, this is either the wrong wooden case or is a DIY attempt. As you can see from the pictures, the wood on my case is a bit thinner than other McIntosh cases. After I installed the Panlocs, there's a good inch of clearance between the top of the L-bracket and the top...
  17. topofroc

Done and done. Thanks Ryan!!! I'll post a picture of case later today. I'm still not convinced its a Mcintosh original, but if it IS a DIY, then they did a pretty good job.
  18. topofroc

Wow - Thanks for the many replies. Your responses (and the picture) both answer questions and raise new issues: - When I bought the panalocs from AC, all I got were panalocs. No L-brackets included.:no: Is this another thing to buy? - The wooden case I have looks a bit different than the...
  19. topofroc

Hi Everyone - first post here... I've been enjoying my newly recapped 6100 for about 4 months now, and just recently bought panalocs for it. My question is - how do you mount the panalocs? Are there instructions somewhere? What size screws are required? The 6100's previous owner...
Back
Top Bottom