Search results

1. Wilburchubs

Marantz sd9000-No record function

Hi folks, Just tried to record some music using my SD9000,but it will not go into record mode,no LED,no erasing of signal etc.Ive checked the record tab sensor switch,which is making and breaking circuit as it should.Holding both REC/Play does nothing,if I release REC,it goes to playback no...
  2. Wilburchubs

Setton RS440 Protection mode problem

Ok-protection circuit now working as it should-rustling remains in LH channel,regardless of volume/tone/input, on speakers and headphones
  3. Wilburchubs

Setton RS440 Protection mode problem

Hi folks,having a strange problem with this receiver. Powers on,heat/clipping/protection indicators light as normal,and fade,protection relay clicks and the protection indicator goes out,then the relay drops again,and the light comes back on faintly.Previous to this I was getting a rustling...
  4. Wilburchubs

Ariston RD40 motor/psu. Mix and (Mis)Match?

Will do-im sick of turntables,having a right ballache with a Linn Axis that is running hotter than the surface of the sun
  5. Wilburchubs

The motor has 50Hz markings,the Red thing is adding to the confusion,I think its a collection of incompatible parts. It maybe has a bloody 60Hz pulley on the motor...
  6. Wilburchubs

Ariston RD40-slow running

Hi folks Ive just received the above,and having problem with it running slow. Im in UK and the voltage is 230v 50Hz. The base cover for the electronics states RED 110v WHITE220/240v,ok,fair enough. The base of the bearing carrier is red,i assume this is what the red/white refers to...
  7. Wilburchubs

Hi folks Ive just received the above,and having problem with it running slow. Im in UK and the voltage is 230v 50Hz. The base cover for the electronics states RED 110v WHITE220/240v,ok,fair enough. The base of the bearing carrier is red,i assume this is what the red/white refers to...
  8. Wilburchubs

Pioneer CT-F1000 residual noise on meters....

Never thought of that..................ill check tomorrow!
  9. Wilburchubs

Pioneer CT-F1000 residual noise on meters....

Hi folks Noticed when my deck is at idle,with monitor switch at "TAPE",there is movement on the meters,up to around the -20 mark on the scale.R ch seems worse, Audio output has a crackling,almost regular pulse like "tapping" sound,again ,both channels. Before I shotgun a load of caps into it,and...
  10. Wilburchubs

Sansui TA-500 No FM or Meters

Hi folks,having trouble with the TA-500 receiver, everything great via other sources,and AM,but the FM side is silent,no meters,no sound at all,not even static with muting switch off.There is a momentary noise (sounds like static but too short to really tell)when selecting but thats all. Any...
  11. Wilburchubs

IMF owners thread!

Hi Dan! UK user here,I redid my 50's,80's and more recently RSPM IVi with the Falcon Kits-worth going the extra few quid. Steely Dan& DF/WB fan here too. Caves of Altimara from The Royal Scam sound's f'in incredible!! Have fun! Paul
  12. Wilburchubs

Quad 303 Left Channel Output Issue

Move the 33 away from anything else,one of mine was very sensitive to being near other equipment Is the hum present on all inputs?
  13. Wilburchubs

Its probably the main caps in the 303-theyre a doddle to work on if you're a bit "handy" Had all sorts of stuff over the years,but a 33/303 combo is a joy to have
  14. Wilburchubs

IMF owners thread!

I just got my 128/20's back after having the tinsel wire replaced on both. Bit disappointed with the cosmetics but sound fine,rebuilt the crossover's with the Falcon kit I bought a year or two ago,new correct inductors for bass drivers,now located on the board again. Managed to lose one 100mfd...
  15. Wilburchubs

Is the output switch on the 33 set to Stereo? It may be these need a little contact cleaner,also try pressing the various filter buttons a few times,ive had similar problem in the past,give the switches and pots a clean,make sure the boards are seated correctly inside the 33,theyre little...
  16. Wilburchubs

Technics RS-9900US

Great deal!! I keep searching but...
  17. Wilburchubs

Reels spinning in opposite directions (Pioneer RT-707)

Working fine-welcome to the wonderful(often confusing) world of Reel to Reel
  18. Wilburchubs

Just garbage picked a Revox A77!

Keep cleaning the heads-they are a swine to get at and the oxide isnt always visable at first glance. De-mag,but dont touch the head alignment just yet....
  19. Wilburchubs

Magnum Dynalab FT101A stuck at 160.1

Hi Driving me nuts now, replaced tuning x-tal and tuning pot on advice from MD, no further forward. 12v reg and 5v reg giving out what they should...anyone been here before?
  20. Wilburchubs

Have you ever found any audio treasures by buying unknown audio reels?

A few great compilations made by other folks,but more recently,about a dozen full 3hr Alan Freeman Saturday shows from late 75/early 76,these are superb
  21. Wilburchubs

The Official Elcaset thread!

EL5 by the way.....
  22. Wilburchubs

The Official Elcaset thread!

Has anyone had a problem with the capstan motor "Hunting" for speed,goes from way too fast to too slow,sometimes it plays correct for a short while. Tried the speed adj control but no difference. anyone? :)
  23. Wilburchubs

Pioneer RT-707

Great deck-great find!
  24. Wilburchubs

Revox B285 woes

Hi The bulbs on my B285 are burned out,no big deal.... However,ive lost remote function and headphone output,unless speakers are also on,which defeats the object a bit. Anyone had similar issues? Thanks folks!
Back
Top Bottom