Search results

1. Bullitt5094

Best phono preamp under $200?

When I got back into records I used a Mani for a while with some pretty high end equipment. It fared very well. I now have a Whest Audio Two.2. The Mani wouldn't come close to the Whest, but it wasn't embarrassed either. I tried, and returned, a couple of other $500 or less pieces before...
  2. Bullitt5094

Post your favourite MODERN amps - LETS SEE THEM

The Lyngdorf 2170 is VERY modern. To the point of being unclassifiable. It is digital but not class D. Below is from this review. https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/integrated-amplifiers/lyngdorf-audio-tdai-2170-fully-digital-integrated-amplifier-review/ "The topography of the...
  3. Bullitt5094

Oppo BDP-105 or Schiit Audio Modi 2 Multibit? DAC comparisons.

I have the Bifrost MB and I am very impressed with it for the price. I have a pair of Tekton Double Impact speakers that really show problems in the front end, which is exactly why I went searching for a good DAC. I was using a IFI Micro DSD. I first went to the Modi2 MB and it was so much...
  4. Bullitt5094

AK Design Collaborative - Insignia-Class Economy Speakers (a.k.a Indignia)

Those last two pair are really impressive. Nice job gentlemen.
  5. Bullitt5094

Nevermind... Purchased a set of B&W DS3. Sending the stuff back to PE. The DS3 will probably voice better to the 804s and have Mono and DI-pole capabilities at the flip of a switch. I can use the monopole for multichannel SACDs Concert Videos, etc. and the DI-Pole for movies. I'll use my 602s...
  6. Bullitt5094

Bose 901 VI or Klipsch Heresy's. Which would you sell?

Best answer so far IMHO. :thmbsp:
  7. Bullitt5094

Speakerhenge

LOL. My HT is certainly heading that direction. 1001.1 surround.
  8. Bullitt5094

I played with positioning these enclosures on the wall and really don't like how far they stick out. I'm curious as to how much the sound would be changed if I used the same baffle, but made the enclosure 6" deep. then made the back wider and flared the sides from the front to the back like most...
  9. Bullitt5094

Stuff showed up today and looks great. I'm very impressed with the enclosure look and quality. As stated earlier I bought some flared 1.5" ports to use. Seems that the flair necessitates a lengthening of the tube as posted previously. A review on the part said to add 1/4" for the flair. It...
  10. Bullitt5094

Parts out for delivery today. Really interested to know first what the PE enclosure looks like and then get to work so I can audition the animal.
  11. Bullitt5094

Thanks and thanks. Both responses will be helpful. Sure didn't know about the need to extend the length when using the flair, but that certainly makes sense. I'll be sure to keep the speaker positions the same too. I don't think I've seen polyfil mentioned. Any lining or stuffing recommended?
  12. Bullitt5094

Just placed the order with PE. Went with the curved cherry cabinets to somewhat match my curved cherry 804s. I also bought a pair of the 1.5" flared tubes 260-402 but there may not be enough space on the baffle for the flair. Will moving the tube center slightly be a bad thing? Also bought...
  13. Bullitt5094

Thanks for the reply. I did a search on the Mindignias and found this post on the bottom of pg 77 http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160535&highlight=baffle+layout&page=77 which mainly says to use a .25cf enclosure, the components of the CC and modify the XO to lower the output...
  14. Bullitt5094

That makes sense. Still, I will be running them in Small mode but the cross will be down in the 80 range. Nice clean midbass would be a good thing too. It is pretty amazing what the curve looks like on these all the way down to 20. I've really not stumbled across any promising DIY projects for...
  15. Bullitt5094

Drawn to this forum/build from the link on the PE site. Considering these for side and rear surrounds in a HT application. I searched and really didn't come up with anyone using these for surrounds in the thread. I have a 14x19x8 room, B&W N804 fronts, HTM2 center, and a DIY Sub. Powering...
Back
Top Bottom