Search results

1. whoaru99

Poll: Are high gas prices pushing you toward an EV?

I know you keep trying steer away from some of the points, but in general discussion of cost of ownership, Toyota has more relevance to more people than all of those combined.
  2. whoaru99

It's the new cable thread.
  3. whoaru99

From what I see in terms of market share, Toyota even as a singular example, is relevant to more people (in the USA, anyway) than Porsche, Audi, BWM, and Volkswagon combined.
  4. whoaru99

Anybody having problems with UPS

I have found their initial date to be pretty close. It's the "arriving early" ones that are BS, or have been for me anyway.
  5. whoaru99

Just Curious ????????

May I suggest PM-ing/starting a Conversation with a mod to ask. AFAIK, that's how that sort of thing is supposed to be done.
  6. whoaru99

Sansui rated at 8watts safe for Pioneer CS-77a' to play without damage to speakers?

Yup, no such thing as too little power in this context; only amplifiers pushed beyond their capabilities by the system operator. ;)
  7. whoaru99

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Anecdotes that go on and on and on and on with details that seem to have nothing really to do with point. I'm sorry to hear your brother's wife's cousin has toenail fungus, but what does that have to do with your brother's new car?
  8. whoaru99

Time to make the Wine

For home brewing I made fermentation chambers out of an old refrigerator and a small chest freezer, using external temperature controllers rather than the thermostats of the fridge and freezer. Here in MN the basement is generally OK for some stuff but for making decent lagers and some other...
  9. whoaru99

Off topic, but I had a 74 Monte for several years. Had the swivel buckets, console, factory gauges, and put rally wheels on it as well. Yanked the original 350 and swapped in a mildly-built 350 (Comp cam, Edelbrock intake, Holley carb, recurved HEI distributor, etc), headers, dual exhaust with...
  10. whoaru99

Sansui high gain at low volume setting

Do you have other sources and expect the volume from them to be somewhat similar for similar adjustment of the amp volume control? If yes, then simply adjust the DAC output so the volume is about the same as the other sources. If no, I suggest set the DAC level to zero then turn the amp volume...
  11. whoaru99

What mic do you use to record side-by-side comparisons?

Send two of the same recordings and ask them which one they think is which.
  12. whoaru99

Car prices trend up before events of the last year or two. Current events, so to speak, have simply steepened the slope. And yes, I've rented cars lately. In fact I'm picking up one this Friday afternoon. Price ain't bad at all but have a perk that helps a lot.
  13. whoaru99

I think we'll have to disagree overall on this point. There is competion galore in the ICE market yet prices keep going up. I don't see EV being materially any different in that regard.
  14. whoaru99

Yet another 901 restoration thread

While not an absolute rule, I seem to recall the manual says 12" from the point of rear V to wall is the design intent, but give range 8 to 24"
  15. whoaru99

Yet another 901 restoration thread

The Bose manuals are available online.
  16. whoaru99

Personally, I think it's pie in the sky to think car mfg are going to relinquish margin and or reduce prices in a general sense. Can only hope I'm wrong. In the ~100 year history of cars, have prices ever gone backwards? I can't remember that far back. ;) From my very limited digging, whilst...
  17. whoaru99

Time to make the Wine

Minnesota wine grape juice for sure. Several vineyard and winery around for that. On a first name basis with the owner of one. Little doubt I could get something like Marquette juice. They can be decent but are not my most favorite.
  18. whoaru99

Time to make the Wine

I thought about trying a fresh juice pail or two this year, but the pickup requirements were too stringent. They let you know the day they arrive and have to be picked up same day or forfeited. Given my work this time of year I can't guarantee any given day I can take off on moment's notice to...
  19. whoaru99

Yes, that might have some effect on how some answered.
  20. whoaru99

Right, drive what you want/what floats your boat. But, example after example of Porsche isn't inherently representative of what an "average" consumer may experience, given Porsche USA market share is < 0.5%.
  21. whoaru99

Oh, I'm pretty clear where you're at. More than you probably care to acknowledge.
  22. whoaru99

If you choose to drive a vehicle with exceptionally high repair and maintenance costs I'm not particularly sympathetic to the plight. Not that I wish problems on you, but you knew or should have known that going in. Particularly given your reply not long ago regarding (paraphrased) tough $hit if...
  23. whoaru99

Yeah, like WAY, WAY, WAY more. Chargers in the league of anything near that are like 250kW output. Yes, 250 thousand watts. Those charging stations typ run on multiple 480V three-phase supply. In an excerpt from a Tesla manual, I seem to recall them saying the AC performance may be reduced...
  24. whoaru99

Totem subwoofer burns

Might be interesting, but don't know if it would fly. Most of the "sparks" stories I see seem to be the result of good intentions gone bad (recapping polarity reversed, bias adjustment test probe slips or turned too much, etc.).
  25. whoaru99

Totem subwoofer burns

Passive, as in like old school passive where it has a speaker level crossover and you connect it directly to the amp/receiver that also runs the mains, or new school passive where you are actually using an external dedicated amp for the sub? FYI/FWIW...
Back
Top Bottom