Search results

1. whoaru99

Using two pair 901s?

Thoughts on the best way to implement two pair 901s? One pair is Series II the other pair is Series VI. Have functional, series-correct EQs for both. Plain old stacked arrays, so to speak?
  2. whoaru99

4qt saucepan?

When it comes to pan capacity if a pan is called a 4qt pan, is that 4qt capacity rating technically with the pan full to the brim?
  3. whoaru99

Must be an AK'er with too much free time...

I practically never post CL or eBay listings because, for the most part, I couldn't care less what people ask or say about for sale or WTB stuff. Not sure if it even belongs here. But, I did get a little chuckle out of this one...
  4. whoaru99

NOCO genius charger

Browsing through one of those who-knows-what-you'll-find odd lots stores not long ago, what do I spy but two NOCO Genius 10 chargers, new in boxes. Not that I really needed another battery charger but they have some interesting features. Quick browse shows the price is right, so bought one...
  5. whoaru99

Sewer and water bill?

If you wouldn't mind posting what you pay for the sewer and water part of your utility bill? Mine is $63 (and that's with no water use, as in the basic fees). Seems high to me, but maybe it's not bad or roughly normal.
  6. whoaru99

Heat shrink tubing shrink ratio?

I understand what the ratio itself means, e.g. 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, etc., but, aside from perhaps higher cost of higher shrink ratio, is there any inherent downside to using the higher ratio shrink tube?
  7. whoaru99

The F6 is coming along...

Here's most of it, the two main amp boards (top and bottom), power supply filter bank, and the soft start board on the right. Have a few more bits to solder onto the main two boards, due to finding some recommended component value changes. Those bits should arrive Monday. Also ordered Elna...
  8. whoaru99

Choke connection in CLC filter?

Does it make any difference connecting the choke in a CLC filter with the "input" to the outer end of the winding or to the inner end of the winding? Working on the F6 amp and have finished up the soft start board and the power supply filter bank. Instead of a CRC filter I'm going to try a CLC...
  9. whoaru99

Sucks when your number comes up...

I have to say, all in all, I've had pretty decent luck with shipping regardless of company. But, if you order enough stuff I suppose sooner or later your number comes up. Well, that's where I am and just have to whine about it a bit. Item coming from Italy gets stuck at the outbound airport...
  10. whoaru99

Transistor mounting torque?

Not far now from starting my Pass/DiyAudio F6 build. One question I have is what you all do for torquing/tightening transistors. These are the TO-247 package and will be mounted using the Keratherm pads. Optimum torque appears to be 0.8Nm (7 in-lb). I don't have a frame of reference that low...
  11. whoaru99

DNS server of choice?

Was browsing the other day on the home network and tried to get back to a website I'd looked at on my phone while we were away from home and on cell service only. The error was something about not resolving the site. For a long time "forever" more or less, I left the DNS server info in my...
  12. whoaru99

Bose 901 EQ capacitors

Probably been asked before, but.... Attached is schematic of 901 Series II EQ. Going to replace the 13 electrolytic caps (all others are film or ceramic) and wondering if any positions are necessary to try to more precisely replicate the listed values rather than the standard values typically...
  13. whoaru99

901 Series II, 901 Series VI

A while back I picked up a pair of 901 Series VI and have enjoyed playing around with them in a garage setup. Last Sunday I picked up a pair of 901 Series II. Some opine the Series II was the best of the lot, some say Series VI was. So, now I have both, LOL. Anyway, before I can make a...
  14. whoaru99

Tonneau cover recommendations?

Looking to get a tonneau cover for truck and wondering what all you might have for experience. A full-length hard cover won't work because there will be times I need to haul stuff higher than the bed sides and I wish not to R&I something like that as the need arises. Also, I'd like a little...
  15. whoaru99

What's the tip-off it's a scam?

Thought this might be a little fun. Post your example(s) of scam/phishing so we can all get a chuckle at the various tip-offs. Here's one I recently received. Why am I confident this isn't really from Amazon? :)
  16. whoaru99

Short but strong storm

Had a short but pretty strong storm just roll though. Here at the house got some pea and marble size hail, a few odds and ends approaching golf ball. This is from some friends about 7 miles West of our house. Round 2 in about 20 minutes, but it looks not as strong.
  17. whoaru99

Light tresspass, anyone else try to deal with it?

Across the street from our back yard they did a big rennovation of the elementary school. I was all for it in general, it needed modernization. Problem is, they have several LED lights on the side of the building towards my property, where we occasionally like to sit at night with a small fire...
  18. whoaru99

Boiler replacement, good brand(s)?

Thinking it's about time to replace the ancient boiler re. hot water heating. Any brand(s) stand out as preferred choice (local service/support nothwithstanding for the moment)? The one we have is an Arco something or another. It was originally fuel oil-fired but converted to natural gas many...
  19. whoaru99

Daphile NAS access options - better choice?

Been working on repurposing a "shoebox" PC into a music player of sorts, and I've loaded the Daphile system on it no problem. In itself seems to be working OK. I can access the web user interface, all that sort of thing. The challenge I've had is setting up the link/access to my NAS music...
  20. whoaru99

CPU heatsink compound

Recently moved my pfSense firewall to a new-to-me Dell Optiplex SFF PC and in the process of doing that I blew it out and "regreased" the CPU/heatsink. At the time was in a bit of a rush and couldn't find the stuff I'd been using (Noctua H1) so used plain old white stuff Wakefield 120. The...
  21. whoaru99

Drive with a missing spark plug?

So my SO/GF's uncle is/was on his way here driving from CA to MN and sends a text saying one of the spark plugs blew out in or around North Platte, NE. I do believe it really has blown out as he says it's making a lot of noise and running rough. Said he disconnected the coil so at least it's...
  22. whoaru99

Acoustic panels, sort of...

A guy at work asked me if I wanted a bunch of acoustic panels. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth I says "sure", a week later he shows up with them. Don't have a picture of the actual items right at hand but the picture below shows the general nature of what I'm talking about. The...
  23. whoaru99

Differential probe for oscilloscope

I'm looking into getting a differential probe for oscilloscope for reasons not really related to audio. But, I have a question maybe our instrumentation gurus could help with. The two probes I'm looking at have the same specs except in two regards - One probe has 70V/700V rating on 10x/100x...
  24. whoaru99

O2 cylinder exchange costs?

Anyone have experience with exchanges on the cute little 20cu ft O2 cylinders? Local outfit quoted me $18. I don't know if that's getting raked in a small market or if that's about the going rate, give or take?
  25. whoaru99

Malbec-soaked oak chips in the smoker?

Title says it all. I have a small pile of oak chips I salvaged from a batch of Malbec wine I'm brewing. I've dried them in the oven. Wonder what/if they might be good for in the smoker box for the grill?
Back
Top Bottom