Search results

1. Me Tarzan

Dual Sub Setup Question

Thanks, makes perfect sense. Wish (in one hand...) my receiver had stereo sub out but... Experiment I will. Can't seem to get my crappy HT sub to "disappear" like my studio sub seems to do. I guess even if I do go L&R I could leave the current sub in the sub out for trips... Thanks to al who...
  2. Me Tarzan

Dual Sub Setup Question

I guess the dual subs thing is an OCD/symmetry thing that has always bothered me. Really not happy with entire HT setup and subs seem a good place to start. In reality the Onkyo amp/processor is probably the weakest link.
  3. Me Tarzan

Dual Sub Setup Question

Only if it is beneficial. I have never ran dual subs. I will just split the mono sub pre out and run it to the subs UNLESS I learn otherwise that going the line level in would yield better results (stereo subs). I don't have the subs yet but will be sure to check specs first. Considering from...
  4. Me Tarzan

Dual Sub Setup Question

The only pre-out is the single sub out. Mains running full range is what I want (mains Tekton Mini Lores). They have decent low end but not theater rumble. I have a terrible sub at the moment that does very little below the M-Lores.
  5. Me Tarzan

Dual Sub Setup Question

Considering updating HT system with a new pair of subs. Receiver has only one Sub Out and I know you can split signal and run 2 powered subs no problem. Question is: What are the pros and cons of installing line level in/out as dedicated left and right subs to go with the front mains? With the...
  6. Me Tarzan

Yamaha Silent Guitar...

Anyone here have experience with the Yamaha Silent Guitar? Thinking of getting one just because, possibly even do a little recording with it. It appears to have a stereo headphone out jack while the regular line out jack is mono. Not sure what the stereo headphone jack actually accomplishes...
  7. Me Tarzan

Any Live Videos of Zappa/Beefheart?

No I haven't. Figured I would try here first.
  8. Me Tarzan

Any Live Videos of Zappa/Beefheart?

Beefheart was spot on during the Bongo Fury concert. It's too damn bad it wasn't videotaped. If it was I have never seen it. Seen about every Beefheart video. Can never see every Zappa video. I seem to search every few years and I don't remember finding any live video recordings of them...
  9. Me Tarzan

Polk Sub-Can it Feed Two sets of Speakers?

Speaker B off the amp for ohms sake.
  10. Me Tarzan

Anyone else freaked out by supertalls??

Supertalls? I am freaked out by just thinking of going to New York.
  11. Me Tarzan

16mm Projector - AA5 Inside?

I can't seem to find the specs on this old Natco 16mm sound motion projector model 3030-1. All I can find is that weighs over 40 pounds so now I am curious what type of iron it has inside. I think it is late 40's and the tag shows "AMP 10 WATTS". Not interested in value, just looking for guesses...
  12. Me Tarzan

DFW area AK member list

Still here. All points Johnson, Hill, Hood, Somervell and Parker Counties. Nothing to see here...
  13. Me Tarzan

Streaming radio, World-wide...

Hard rocking in the Seychelles! No idea what they are saying and I probably wouldn't like it if I did. Rock! http://radio.garden/live/victoria/iskc-rock-radio/
  14. Me Tarzan

Streaming radio, World-wide...

Awesome. Best website discovery I have had in a while. Thanks!
  15. Me Tarzan

A growing problem on ebay

What a PITA to disassemble and list every part for sale with pictures and description. I mean I guess kudos to the folks that do it. Certainly wouldn't be worth my time. It is sorta sad to chop a completely good working unit. But if it gets 10 other units it good working condition, is it worth...
  16. Me Tarzan

Home based recording studio

I recently went through the same journey you are on. I was coming from a standalone 16 track recording piece of hardware looking to have more control digitally. Ended up with a simple 2 channel interface and Mixcraft Studio 8 software on a not so great PC. It has been working great and isn't too...
  17. Me Tarzan

Home based recording studio

Yah you can put a song on Soundcloud or youTube but I would say you have a better chance of being "discovered" on BandCamp. If people like your music on Bandcamp, word can spread and you might even make a few bucks.
  18. Me Tarzan

Realistic Nova 40 Headphones

I have a pair at the bottom of a box somewhere. I never thought they were great but some people do. There was a guy at a TV studio I used to go to who always carried around his Nova's for mixing live sound and studio work for broadcast.
  19. Me Tarzan

Headphone Amp - Hum - Impedance Matching?

I tried a couple pairs or headphones, rolled a few tubes and played around with the bias adjustments and came to a combination where the hum is much better. Some tubes had more hum and others had less. Still annoying so probably defective. I guess I will put original tube back in and get unit...
  20. Me Tarzan

Bi-amping regular speakers

How about adding a volume control for the horns? Then crank up the speakers without the horns and turn the horns up until they sound right to you. Unless you can't get to them...
  21. Me Tarzan

DSOTM during the super blood wolf moon eclipse.

IF I can stay up that late I might kick the sub for the neighbors for a while.
  22. Me Tarzan

Headphone Amp - Hum - Impedance Matching?

Just got this little guy for work to make my day's a little more enjoyable. https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Hybrid-Headphone-Amplifier-Audio-Preamplifier/dp/B07DLRFHXT Working voltage: DC24V, 1.5A at least Input sensitivity: 50mV; Gain: 32dB; Input Impedance: 100KΩ Frequency response: 10Hz-60KHz...
  23. Me Tarzan

Semi-Easy to Use DAW?

I ended up going with Mixcraft Studio 8. It has been pretty easy to learn so far and comes with Melodyne (to help fix your crappy vocals) built in which I upgraded. Also got a simple Mackie Onyx 1-2 for interface and it works great, comes with Traktion recording software which worked good too...
  24. Me Tarzan

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Please don't tell me this is a guy...
  25. Me Tarzan

Can someone identify this mistery... ¿amp?

If the price was right I would have bought it without knowing for certain what it was too. Just cleaned up and sold as a prop, stuff like that flies off the shelf in my booth at an antique mall. OTOH, the good stuff stays packed up at home.
Back
Top Bottom