Search results

1. L

USB to S/PDIF Converter

Would Schiit Modi Work?
  2. L

USB to S/PDIF Converter

Instead of buying an integrated amp with built in USB, could, I use one of the converters in the title to listen to music via computer, cell phone,etc?
  3. L

Amplifier for ESL speakers

Hafler 9500 (250 watts per channel) should do nicely. You don't see much about the Transnova amps here.
  4. L

2.1 receiver recommendations and questions about model #s

I just checked eBay. Either of those Matantz 4023's listed (by the same seller) seems to be a very good deal. At those prices, buy 2 and have a spare! You can always buy a Logitech remote, if that feature appeals to you.
  5. L

Sennheiser HD600, 650, 660S …What’s best?

I had the 580 Jubilees (can't) remember what happened to them. I now have the Massdrop version. I always wondered what the 650's sounded like, but they are a little too pricey for me. I'd go for the 650's, if you can afford them.
  6. L

Ideas for interesting used SS power amp (75-100W)

Good call lokerola. I forgot about Parasound Hca amps. They are excellent music reproducers.
  7. L

Headphone amp?

I think Schiit Audio Magni will serve you well. Only $79.00 b-stock.
  8. L

Ideas for interesting used SS power amp (75-100W)

I always liked the Hafler Transnova Amps, 9290, 9300 or 9500. By the way, how do you like the 801? I'm thinking about buying one.
  9. L

Giving Back, What have you given away lately?

Clothing to a nursing home.
  10. L

Speaker ID request #99

ADS is a good guess.
  11. L

Last Amplifier

Search only brought up 10 posts.
  12. L

Last Amplifier

This will probably be my last amplifier purchase. I expect it to last 20 years (might be dead by then). Tired of buying used. So looking at either an A-S 301 or 501. Has anybody listened to either? Leaning toward 301 as volume does not matter much due to apartment living.
  13. L

Anyone recognize these speakers?

Digital Phase speakers.
  14. L

My Yamaha C60 and M60: Opened up and exposed!

Sorry to to hijack this, but I wonder f the newer a-s series measures up to these iterations. A-S 501 and and 701 specifically.
  15. L

Epos M12

Saw of pair of these on usaudiomart for $220.00. They appear to be quality and I like the look of real wood. Any idea what a fair price for these would be?
  16. L

Infinity Crescendo Re-Cap ?

The 3006's have Emit-R tweeters, not polycells.
  17. L

RS-325 replacement tweeter

I have read often here the the rs-x25 series are underrated. Enjoy.
  18. L

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

No true "audiophile" would ever be done buying speakers. ;)
  19. L

Passive small speakers benefiting by a separate subwoofer

The benefit would be enormous. You will get the imaging of a small monitor and the advantage of a full range speaker with deep bass. By the way, my first step into the low-end of the high-end was a pair of NHT 1.3a's coupled with 2 NHT Sub 2 suwoofers. It was all powered by 2 NAD 2700 THX power...
  20. L

Speaker Recommendations

Save $700.00. There is a PSB Stratus Bronze on the pay site right now for $500.00 ($50.00) shipping. Sell the center channel if not needed and save even more money money.
  21. L

NAD Equipment - Strong Opinions Needed!

I once had 2 2700 amps (in bridged mono mode! Talk about power!) and a 1600 preamp/tuner. Never had a problem with one of them.
  22. L

Looking for Subwoofer Recommendations

Any SVS, or on the cheap, Dayton Audio.
  23. L

Paradigm Pickup

Hard to beat Paradigm. The best speakers I have had were Esprit BP's, besting even Martin Logan Aeriusi's, imo. I wish I had never sold the Esprit's. Currently Paradigm LCR 450a's, previously Studio 60's and Studio 20's. Go Paradigm!
  24. L

SS~M9 finally a pair showed up

I always wondered about that series of speakers ever since the Stereophile review. Hope you enjoy.
Back
Top Bottom