Search results

1. R

Scott LC-21 Right channel noise

The noise appears on the channel B side so the phase reverse switching is indeed suspect. Also, when the phase reverse is engaged, the noise essentially disappears. I'm happy to get rid of the phase reverse switch if it would get rid of the noise. Would that be as simple as just following the...
  2. R

Marantz 2275 Plastic Bulb housing: Anybody making them still?

Im thinking if good quality white ABS is used that painting will hopefully not be necessary.
  3. R

Thanks! I'm going to try that STL file and figure out the proper material to use for the 3d print!
  4. R

Bump, can anybody help with tracking this down? It seems to be post volume control since the control doesn't affect the noise. Is it safe to assume it's not from the power supply since the supply is common to both channels. Also the supply is shielded and I also removed the AC wiring going to...
  5. R

Thank you, yes I've read through that thread but I don't think it applies to what I'm experience. I read another thread where someone else had a similar issue but there was no resolution. Perhaps I ended up with their unit.
  6. R

Here's an example of what I'm looking for.
  7. R

Looking for a replacement plastic tuner bulb housing that got melty. I heard that maybe some people were manufacturing these. Please let me know!
  8. R

Hi All, I have a frustrating issue with my LC-21 where there is significant noise: both a hum and hiss on only one channel. I've seen this with another LC-21 as well on the same channel. Interestingly, the lc-21 has a slightly different output circuit on the left and right side. I can't...
  9. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

Hello, I made some progress here. I found that my D5 STV-3H was reversed. I removed it to repair it after the brittle metal legs snapped after flexing so much during working on the board. It may be advised to just desolder these if you have good technique while working on the amp boards to...
  10. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

Right now im using 4x4148 as a place holder. No the perfect value but I don't think they should cause a huge issue. I would think they would drop more voltage and decrease the bias current. I could be totally wrong on that though.
  11. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

No, there is no way to adjust the idle current. The voltages are totally off so that makes sense.
  12. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

Ok, so I removed all the output transistors reinstalled the differential pair. There is still excessive current draw but not as much with the output transistors installed. Here's what I noticed: The driver transistors are heating up a ton and quickly. There's still excessive voltage on the...
  13. R

Predicting crossover response changes when changing driver impedance

Thanks, this is helpful. It only makes sense then that with 8 ohm tweeter replacements I would need to redesign the crossover for the best performance. These crossovers are fully potted so I think the best route would be to find some original 16 ohm replacements and also build new crossovers...
  14. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

Thanks, Yes I had everything working fine besides a higher than ideal DC offset until I miswired the unregulated B+ leads after installing new differential pairs to take care of the offset.
  15. R

Predicting crossover response changes when changing driver impedance

Hi all, I'm trying to repair my 2 ay Electro Voice Marquis speakers with a bad 16 ohm t35 tweeter. I'm considering both trying to find an exact, working original replacement or upgrading to higher performance versions at 8 ohms. My question is, how will the crossover network response change...
  16. R

How to calculate crossover frequency?

What exactly is f1 and f2 in this calculation?
  17. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

Thanks, I haven't completely pulled the outputs. I've puller one pair at a time though. They measure perfect but of course that doesn't guarantee anything. I think the amp relies on feedback from the output stage so I'm reticent to completely pull them. I've also pulled the SV-04 diodes...
  18. R

K77 / T35 horn lens used with B&C DE10?

I'd be possibly interested if they are the same old style chrome ones as the ones in my cabs.
  19. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

There is another issue putting close to B+ on the bases of the drivers and outputs. With the input differential pair pulled, there's no short. But voltages on the outputs are wrong with 3V below B+ on the base and emitters of the outputs. Not able to adjust bias either.
  20. R

So, are you talking about an ebay gamble or….?
  21. R

Pioneer Spec 4 mishap

I've now replaced all silicon on the amp boards besides the outputs and the input differential pair. Still the same problem with the short when BOTH regulated (+ and -) are connected to the amp boards. Is is possible to removed one npn / pnp output pair to try and isolate the problem further?
  22. R

Thanks! I am considering a pair of the B&C or is it B&K diaphragm assemblies that Crites sell which will apparently fit the old magnets and horn lenses. I would assume this would at least make the tweeters consistent between speakers. However, they are 8 ohm instead of 16 and I don't...
  23. R

I'm not too worried about the curves. Whether the crossover point is bumped up to 5k or 7k, the coax full range speaker will do fine. I'm really just looking for a solution for my dead t-35. Buying an old T-35 online seems risky. Yes, it might "work" but it questionable if it works right.
  24. R

Yes, I have a 2 was EV marquis with full range sp15 driver with internal network, x36 crossover, 16 ohm chrome T35 and 2 lpads one is for the tweeter and the other I assume for the internal network on the sp15. I do like the tonality of the working speaker but I am open raising the crossover...
  25. R

Thanks, It sounds like it's not a standard fit up. I'm just looking for a reasonable option to replace my old 16 ohm T-35. It has an open coil and the paper gasket/spacer sandwich. I'm comfortable replacing the coil, but I can't seem to find any 16 ohm coils. I would love to reuse the horn...
Back
Top Bottom