Search results

1. Kingbleu

Altec Lansing 725A

What are the specs of this diode. The markings are TA on top and 10 on the bottom.
  2. Kingbleu

Mcintosh MC2300 Look at these driver boards

I havent powered up the amp yet, just taking a visual inspection. Plus I don't know how Im gonna lift it on the bench. I pulled the driver boards and they both have burn marks on the underside of R139 and R140. Both board have some butchering and (lifted traces) but honestly the previous repair...
  3. Kingbleu

Harman Kardon A-250 lets get it operational

Harman Kardon A-250 tube amplifier. This is the version with three 12AU7 and three 12AX7. I ordered some caps from mouser and others from just radio. C1, C2 120uf 250V - 120uf 450v Miec C12 .05uf 400V - .05uf 630v Brown dip C25 .05uf 400v - .05uf 630v Brown dip (C25 is .1uf on the sams photo...
  4. Kingbleu

MC2125 Fuse Holder Cap

Anyone know where I can get a replacement fuse cap. I purchased one on Amazon that looked identical but it does not fit. Just reaching out before I order several more that dont fit. The cap is actualy for a Phase Linear 4000. The fuse cap on my MC2125 works for the Phase Linear.
  5. Kingbleu

What is this

Some kind of portable reel to reel. No identifying markers that I can see.
  6. Kingbleu

what type of adhesive

Many times when I remove a faceplate the plastic escucheon's will come loose. It looks like some type of glue that has turned yellow and dried up over the years. What do you guys use to adhere these little pieces back to the faceplate? I have been using 3m double sided tape. Does anyone use...
  7. Kingbleu

Fisher 400 Stereo Beam

Does the beam ever fully illuminate. In Mono my beam has a 1/4" gap in the center. In stereo I have a 3/4" gap. Would a proper alignment close the gap?
  8. Kingbleu

Any carver TFM-25 owners

Any carver TFM owners out there. Is it normal for the relay to take about 10 seconds to engage. Seems like a long time. Unit came in for repair. Two of the 6amp diodes were out, and one of the transformer wires was melted to the diode leg. The amp is now working.
  9. Kingbleu

Marantz 7T 8vdc on the outputs

When I flip the switch I get 8 vdc on the outputs then it slowly drops down to 20mv. The whole process takes about 4 seconds. The same thing happens when I power off the unit. Except I get a negative spike -8 vdc. The spike in DC voltage is plenty enough to throw my amplifier into protect mode...
  10. Kingbleu

Marantz model fifteen

I have two model fifteen units. Both work and output clean signal. On one unit I can adujut the idle current as per service manual. The other unit I cant adjust the idle current higher than 10 watts. I have swapped the circuit board and all driver transistors and output transistors between the...
  11. Kingbleu

Marantz 2270 Mid Treble bass tone controls not working

This is driving me nuts. Marantz 2270 came in. I powered it up the relay engaged no sound dead silent. Cleaned switches and pots powered up got sound but one channel louder than another. Looked at the P400 board someone has been in here. A couple caps were the wrong value one transistor was...
  12. Kingbleu

SX-1250 NO FM Stereo Light VCO adjust

Everything is working as it should. Signal meter and tuning meter work. FM muting works. However the fm stereo light does not turn on. Lamp has been replaced and all electrolytic caps have been replaced. Q11 was pulled and tested. R3 100k pulled and tested. Power supply is good. VCO variable...
  13. Kingbleu

Marantz 2270 no voltage on P500 board

Unit had blown outputs. Replaced outputs and rebuilt power supply. All functions work except no stereo lights on FM and the tuning meter doesn't move. Signal meter works and Stereo lights works on all other functions. No voltages on H501 no voltages on any of the pins J501, J502, J503. Also...
  14. Kingbleu

PS Audio linear control center

What is this chip? EDS 5002205. No schematic here. Appears the chip is communicating to the CD4001AE Cmos logic chip. This preamp can be switched to passive. The signal goes from input - selector - volume - balance - gain- (passive or regular) to this elusive EDS 5002205 chip and directly to...
  15. Kingbleu

Kenwood L-07C restoration

History: I had been on the hunt for a L-07C for a couple of years. I have a pair of L-09M's that I restored and always wanted to match them up with the L-07C. In my hunt for a L-07C I passed up a few hear and there looking for a deal. I passed one up, that sold for less than $200, because I was...
  16. Kingbleu

SX-980 FM tuner low volume tuning needle wont center

Signal is getting through but is very faint. Adjustment of T6 bottom core moves needle but nulls out at 11:00 position. Even tried disconnecting wire on pin 30 tuner board to get pure static. Tuning needle still wont center.
  17. Kingbleu

SX-650 knob repair

This is a first for me. Just glue it back? What kind of glue?
  18. Kingbleu

Help me diagnose tuner trouble Toshiba SA-7100

Only pulling in a couple stations with dipole antenna. Only getting stations and noise with multipath button pressed. (I don't think this is right) No stereo indicator light. I started the alignment following the service manual and successfully finished the Frequency Coverage and Tracking...
  19. Kingbleu

Zener diode 02Z15A Toshiba SA-7100 has the Pioneer look

The data sheet claims this is a 15V, 0.25 Watt zener diode. Could this be replaced with a 15V, 1 Watt zener. It is for a Toshiba SA-7100 power supply board? I am restoring this unit and was just going to replace all the diode's on the power supply board but this value is not available. Would it...
  20. Kingbleu

Hitachi HMA-7500 MKII stuck in protection

Amp had blown output transistors after replacing them hooked up to dim bulb and bulb stayed bright. Replaced all fuseable resistors. Many were open also replaced one bad transistor Q758r. Plugged into dim bulb tester bulb dimmed. Plugged into main power and one channel good one channel bad...
  21. Kingbleu

Soundcraftsmen A2502 and my test gear creating ground loop

I just finished repairing a Soundcraftsmen A2502. It had a blown pair of N channel 2sk135's, and some open diodes. After replacing those components one channel could only be heard with the gain at near max and it was distorted. The cause of that was a loose wire from the A/B speaker switch to...
  22. Kingbleu

Subwoofer cable harsh and horrible for full-range audio

I am using Audioquest Irish Red subwoofer cables to connect my phono preamp to my preamp. It is a long run and these subwoofer cables are the only cables I have that are long enough. The sound is good to me but I wonder what the sonic differences there would be betweeen a subwoofer cable and...
  23. Kingbleu

Kenwood L-09M power supply board

I am in the process of restoring 2 of these amps. I'm working on the power supply board. The two fan resistor rk6, and rk5 have burnt the board nice and crispy. It also looks like two of the diodes dk1, and dk2 may be suffering from the heat. What would a good substitute for diodes Dk1~5...
  24. Kingbleu

Transistor substitutes 2SD2066 2SB1373

I'm posting this here in Pioneer because you guys are the best out there. I need guidance in finding a pair of power transistors. I cant find them anywhere. Does anyone know where to find them or how to find a substitute. 2SD2066 2SB1373 This is for a Phillips AV-1002 same as Marantz AV-95C I...
  25. Kingbleu

SX-880 Capacitor C418 polarity?

Am I reading the schematic correctly? The schematic shows C418 with negative lead on the output transistor side and positive lead on the face plate side. My board shows the opposite.
Back
Top Bottom