Search results

1. A

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I have arrived at a paradoxical enigmatic conundrum ....whilst seeking out singer songwriters I am reminded of the lyrical subject(s) oft used as material [ REDACTED ]...........other subjects include but are not limited to, personal experiences, humanity in general, social issues, sex, drugs...
  2. A

Could be a song writer fest in the making !.......I will have to check him out...I have none of his work..... I could also recommend Townes Van Zandt, Harry Chapin..... I could go on but I gotta go!
  3. A

The "best" thing is problematic except on a personal level.. even then.... I generally avoid those lists. Best Beatle....best guitarist.....&c. The article mentioned a Dylan Interview from 1991 so not so timely anyway....... things have gotten better since then right? Story telling is what he...
  4. A

Seems my memory was ( is) faulty here is a bit of the article from the best online magazine farout magazine UK "In fact, Randy Newman is widely accepted among artists to be one of the greatest songwriters ever to try his hand at the craft. However, this sadly hasn’t led to widespread acclaim...
  5. A

I read from an online article , some guitar magazine or some such where Robert Zimmerman stated that this fellow was the best songwriter. So I went looking for his latest release on Amazon unlimited ...looks like Mr Newman is and has been doing well in the Movie Soundtrack genre.... but I found...
  6. A

The previous new to me selection is as described in the provided links. A bit of Celtic tinged ambient escapism that fits into my collection of similar quite nicely....it recalled in me tiny mind that which is now playing...a little more restive escapism before I must once more head out into the...
  7. A

Tuesday tunes

8. A

In my 90 day ferreting-groping adventure for new to me music to be intertwined with the old comfortable and familiar self destructive days and plays I have concluded that perhaps the technology provided by my Free Trial of Amazon Unlimited will be put to good service by giving the old try out to...
  9. A

Vinyl only spin list

10. A

President’s Day

CAUTION! I am confirming that you are referencing Lincoln Nebraska, the Lincoln Continental, Lincoln Center, The Washington Commanders, Washington State and or D.C..... well maybe not D.C.........otherwise this may be deemed to be a po-l️t️cal statement. :yikes: Perhaps, in the interest of the...
  11. A

It's been fun and this one is sounding good as well.
  12. A

I really should be getting "things" done/accomplished however more grazing about I picked this new to me music simply because I liked the title and read this - Womack’s true self is an unrepentant rocker. That’s how he first made his mark in Nashville in the 1980s as a member of Government...
  13. A

Another band from the days of future passed. I also have a couple of their previous releases, Live to Tell and El Moodio Since Grazed is their 2021 release. Eleventh Dream Day Since Grazed https://eleventhdreamday.com/the-band/ Tyrian Purple Tyrian purple was one of the costliest and most...
  14. A

Whilst looking about the Amazon unlimited offerings, the doomsday clock counting down and the Kinks singing out about Oklahoma USA, I happened upon this which will be next up after the Muswell Hillbillies finish their set. I saw these folks three of four times out in Fantastic L.A. and San...
  15. A

Random Thoughts or Whatever

Random thoughts o' da moments. (1) I never been to Nebraska. Asterion been bad and most appropriately spanked I Should'a known betta. Still, I need a dump truck baby to unload me 'ead So right after The Muswell Hillbillies are done with their set, I'll just plug in me electric geetar and sing...
  16. A

Ice-Nine ! And so it goes. - Asterion been naughty. Spanked. I SHOULD know better. Still, I need a dump truck baby to unload my head. Up Next from my on-board digital archives. The Kinks- Muswell Hillbillies
  17. A

Given another ninety day free trial of Amazon music unlimited..so Let's Go Elvis!...the clock doth ticketh.
  18. A

Vinyl only spin list

At about 1:17 or there about's one of the devotchkas' asks alex a question.
  19. A

On Amazon Prime music. Elvis Costello Thinks Rock Has Lost Its ‘Roll’ Jen AustinPublished: January 17, 2022 Modern rock has plenty of fans, but don't count Elvis Costello among them. Rolling Stone asked Costello for his thoughts on today's music climate and what attracts him – or doesn't...
  20. A

Vinyl only spin list

Is that the heaven seventeen? :rolleyes: Now Playing here
  21. A

You may only keep one guitar...

No doubt a very satisfying combination .
Back
Top Bottom