Search results

1. S

Recommend a Dynaco ST-70 driver mod?

I'll try to read the threads as much as possible. Where can I buy the DIYTUBE boards? So is LTP better than cathodyne? Its seems to me a better ST70 already exists, it's by Eico!
  2. S

Recommend a Dynaco ST-70 driver mod?

Looking to bring this up in transparency and speed, dynamics. Anyone try a diy or commerical mod board? Can be transistors or triodes based.
  3. S

Most Underrated/Overrated Component or Brand

So is classic NAIM overated or underated?
  4. S

Solid State Integrated Amp Upgrade

Is t he NAIM 5i that different from the NAIT2? I don't recall the NAIT2 as particularly detailed, it was sort of like a Misson Cyrus type. Now a PS Audio or Krell preamp would be much more detailed and cleaner.
  5. S

NAIM or Dynaco PAT4 preamp?

So what gear would you buy/recommend for cheapo.
  6. S

How is the PAT5 different from the PAT4? I suppose I can replace the PAT4 circuitry with NAIM clone boards!
  7. S

What NAIM preamp do you recommend? Is the NAIT 1 or 2 as good sonically as the older NACs?
  8. S

Which one is better, old NAIM such as NAC42 preamp or Dynaco PAT4 preamp? The NAIM are much more expensive, does Dynaco sound similar?
  9. S

JICO SAS vs. EVG for Shure V-15 III: my review

Is there a inexpensive EVG stylus for the Stanton 881S?
  10. S

Thorens TD160 motor tuning for minimal vibration

Where do you get the thrust plates?
  11. S

Thorens TD160 has bad motor rumble

Is there a replacement motor or fix for this? Something must be bad with the bears.
  12. S

Moving up from a Shure V15T3

Carole doesn't send to Canada. Is there a way to buy the Jico VN35E in Canada via Ebay? Is this the same item? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Stylus-Needle-Turntable-Shure-VN-35-E-V15-III-Type-III-VN-35E-/261201726064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_210&hash=item3cd0d60a70
  13. S

If you say its better than the SL-1200 I'll take your word for it. I find even a Thoren TD-160 to have more 3D sound, and that's not very high end table. I wish my table was tighter and more dynamic.
  14. S

What is missing in the SQ? I never heard the SL-1100 table, it looks to be an earlier version of the SL-1200 more or less. How about a better arm and cabling?
  15. S

Pink Floyd to release first new album in 20 years

Rogers was involved in more PF albums than without him, they were a better band with him at least up to The Wall. If Syd never left we would not have Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH and definitely not The Wall. This added bit is after the fact sort of like the last Bruce Lee movie completed after he is...
  16. S

I don't mean to gush, but my Dual 1219 continues to impress

I liked the 1229 as well.
  17. S

Pink Floyd to release first new album in 20 years

Wow can't believe it. It will be titled "Endless River" and be Rick Wright''s swan song. http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/showbiz/pink-floyd-new-album-endless-river/index.html?hpt=en_c1
  18. S

A better more refined cartridge is the V15 type V but the III is no slouch. To tell you the truth you're better off uprading your turntable.
  19. S

Has anyone spun the new PINK FLOYD 'Division Bell' reissue?

There seems to be some confusion to the term remastering. Producers and engineers do go back to the original multitrack tape and using improved tape transports and electronics remix to make a new master tape. This was done for Miles Davis Kind of Blue in which the tape speed was corrected and...
  20. S

Fostex T20's

I think the Sennheiser HD600 would have faster transient response and the T20V2 superior dynamics and slam. What do you people think?
  21. S

Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"

What's wrong with the 2011 version? I have unopened DSOTM and the Wall from 2011 and the original US/Cdn releases.
  22. S

Is the Pioneer Exclusive P3 TT The Best?

I was lead to believe before 1980 that the Linn Sondek LP12 was the best. Then there were the Sota Star Sapphire and Oracle Delphi and Goldmond. So how does this Pioneer compare? I have a Rega 2 which is nice but far below those mentioned above.
  23. S

Best budget cart for jazz records?

Maybe you can pick up a Shure V15 Type V. The IM catridges sound thicker like Stanton 681EEE, Pickering Grado etc.
  24. S

Top 10 Vintage speakers?

What do Altec A7s sound like, I hear they are not so good in a tight space.
  25. S

Is there a speaker company that makes their own drivers?

I know Celestion designed their own tweeters back in the SL600, SL6 days. Don't think they make anything today, the Celestion blues are made in China.
Back
Top Bottom