Search results

1. I

Akai GX 75 stops

Hi all Akai GX 75 I have a problem when FF or FW. It does this (video) Also when playing a tape, it can suddenly stop after few seconds. Belts and idle tire were replaced 1 year ago
  2. I

Which grease for VCR guide tracks?

Hi all What is the most most suitable grease for the guide tracks? I have mostly JVC machines which has plastic guide tracks on metal. and some LG which are only metal parts on metal. It has to be from amazon since I live overseas. I have a pentax dielectric grease which is silicone base. can I...
  3. I

Shintom vcr- missing belts?

Anyone familiar with Shintom vcr brand? I've got this 1990 vcr which loads and ejects tape fine but won't play. I think it miss some belts. Does anyone know the belt order here? I'm not sure if the other belts are in place also. Also at the top look like someone resoldered transistors or how...
  4. I

VCR problem-JVC

I have replaced that dc motor from another used jvc machine and it works like a charm ! Is there a way to open the old one without drilling it or should I just throw it away?
  5. I

VCR problem-JVC

Hi It's original belt but looks very good. I did put 1 drop of oil and no luck. Please see this video When I turn on the machine, motor spins freely but when I put the belt on, it stops.
  6. I

VCR problem-JVC

I removed the belt, powered it on and it spins. When I insert a tape, it spins too ! So it might be a belt problem although it looks good, not dry and has tension?
  7. I

VCR problem-JVC

Hi all Don't know if it's related Does anyone here can help me find if this is a belt or a motor issue? The motor gets a command from the play/stop/ff buttons. Sometimes it won't work unless I give it a little push with my finger. A belt costs almost as second hand vcr so I'm not sure if this...
  8. I

Surge protector for Proton D1200 + Yamaha NS1000M gear

Hi all I want to protect my Proton D1200+preamp gear. A set of Yamaha NS1000M connected to it. How is this Monster HTS-800? it costs only 20$ I am looking for a cheap power strip to my Proton D1200 and preamp gear. I think this is a vintage product made in 1999. Do I need something like this or...
  9. I

FEED-N-WAX WOOD for Yamaha NS1000 speakers?

Hi all I have used FEED-N-WAX WOOD by Howard for all my JBL and natural wood cabinets. Can I use it on a Yamaha NS1000M? the wood there is lacquered black I think and not natural.
  10. I

Yamaha NS500M upgrades? 1000M? JBL L112?

Thanks for your reply What about JBL L166? I also found that one here for a bit less of the L112 price
  11. I

Yamaha NS500M upgrades? 1000M? JBL L112?

Hi all and greeting from Israel I'm using these Yamaha NS-500M for very long time along with Proton D1200 + AP1000 gear. I got them years ago at like 200$ and sold my JBL L110 for almost 600$. The JBL were beautiful too but I think the 500M's bass sounds better with 12" woofers instead of JBL's...
  12. I

Surround, Center & Sub to pair with JBL L110 + Pioneer VSX-522?

I've changed the reciever due a problem to Yamaha RX-V773 Sound is awesome! so much difference than the Pioneer. Can 15watts be such different? Yamaha is rated 95w, Pioneer is 80w. Or the Yamaha is better built. Anyways, the vintage JBL's are rare in my country. And I'm looking for something...
  13. I

Surround, Center & Sub to pair with JBL L110 + Pioneer VSX-522?

Hi all, I'm using a Pioneer VSX-522 Amp with JBL L110. First of all, is the L110 lacking bass? I've tried 3 different amps with these speakers, 2 of them were stereo integrated Rotel's. With any of them, it's like a crunch bass. not really booms. With the VSX-522 connected, only "Pure Direct"...
  14. I

Wharfedale CD90 / Mach 9 - same speaker?

I came across this speaker: I haven't found much about the "CD" series but the "Mach" series appears to be talked about. Mach 9: Is it the same speaker just other name?
  15. I

JBL L110, Yamaha NS-500M, Wharfedale Mach 9?

Ok Seller just told me 190$ for the Yamaha NS-500M but 2 of the drivers of 1 speaker doesn't work (no rips or tears). I don't know which, if tweeter+mid or mid+bass or some other. I guess it could be anything? might be 2 drivers or maybe the cross unit? I can't seem to find a 12" woofer...
  16. I

JBL L110, Yamaha NS-500M, Wharfedale Mach 9?

Hi all, I currently use Jamo D165 speakers with a Proton D1200, a very powerful amp. All of the speakers are 8ohms except the Yamaha which is 6ohm. would that be a problem? I like to hear loud music (big room) I have a chance to get either JBL L110, Yamaha NS-500M, Wharfedale Mach 9 for around...
  17. I

Upgrade to Jamo D165 - JBL L110, L50, TLX8?

Hi, I currently use Jamo D165 Speakers in my room with a Proton D1200 power amp. I like to hear the music loud and bassy, that's why I love the Jamo's although it's a cheap speaker. I have JBL L110 in my parents house, and they sound awesome and crisp. I have found JBL L50, TLX8 and JBL 630 in...
  18. I

Budget upgrade for a room - start with cables/interconnects?

Hi all, This is my system setup: -Proton AP-1000 Pre-Amp -Proton D1200 AMP -Jamo D165 Speakers with 1.5mm unbranded speaker wires. -Technics SL-D2 Turntable. -M-audio audiophile 2496 Audio Card (is it decent DAC?) My main listen is from the computer through an audio switch to the AMP...
  19. I

Proton D1200 vs Rotel RA-870BX - which one would you use?

I currently use a Rotel RA-870BX with a set of 4 Jamo D165's (front & rear). Amp is from 1987, which rated 80W. I think it's the most powerful stereo integrated Rotel model from the late 80's? I've recently put my hands on this beautiful Proton D1200 Amp + Pre Amp (AP-1000) from 1986...
  20. I

Capstan shaft always rolling - problem?

Cool, thanks everyone!
  21. I

Capstan shaft always rolling - problem?

Hi Have an Onkyo TA-2130 deck. don't know if it's a problem or not but when the deck is on, this capstan shaft is always rolling. is this ok? I have some other decks, and it rolls only for a few seconds when I turn on the deck.
  22. I

Where can I find a belt kit for an Onkyo TA-2130?

Looking for a belt kit for an Onkyo TA-2130 deck. tried to look on vintage-electronics.net but haven't found any for 2130 My idle belt that sits on the left pully wheel got ripped off, I replaced it with a CD belt I had, it's a bit thicker and I can see when I RW/FF that it moves slowly and...
  23. I

Which deck is better? Onkyo TA-2130 vs Technics RS-TR252

Hi I want to transfer all my cassettes to my computer but I can't decide which deck should I use. The Onkyo is older, late 80's and the Technics is from late 90's. they both in great condition but I can't notice any differences between the 2. The Onkyo has "2 Motor computer control"...
  24. I

Dirt on the record from the stylus

I've tried to clean the stylus with an ortofon brush. putted a record which is 1 month old too, cleaned it with the CF brush. then this shit: I use it for DJing and scratching like I said before, but it's a concorde. it was made for it. I wish I could take a picture of the stylus, but my...
Back
Top Bottom