Search results

1. T

Nikko Alpha 440 filter cap pitch

Cheers!
  2. T

Very neat!! May I ask which caps (and hardware) you used for this?
  3. T

Thank you for your reply. A friend did a fair bit of further research and found that the correct part would be United Chemicon's E91D101VND153MBA0U. The bad news is that no-one seems to have it in stock so definitely might have to get creative...
  4. T

Hi, I am looking at getting my Nikko Alpha 440 power amp recapped. Does anyone know the pitch and terminal size of the 4 large filter caps? Going by the markings they may be 4 pin caps (see attached photo). They are 15000uF, 100V caps that are 40mm x 100mm. They seem hard to find now - Mouser...
  5. T

Play FLAC files through 2-channel system

Thanks for all replies so far...some interesting reading there and once I started reading up on one subject it led me to read up on other stuff too. I have a feeling that my learning curve will be steep as I am very old-school, but there are a wealth of solutions out there the by the look of it.
  6. T

Play FLAC files through 2-channel system

As the header states I am looking at the best way to play FLAC and other lossless files through my main system (Nikko Beta 40 preamp and Nikko Alpha 440 power amp). I am currently using an old and noisy desktop PC connected to the preamp via a 3.5mm to RCA cable assembly. The sound is far from...
  7. T

Nikko Gamma 600

Hi, Does anyone have any info on the Nikko Gamma 600 (and Gamma 400) tuners? They seem to be the very last tuners from Nikko before they closed down their audio division, and rare as hen's teeth. Going by the look of them they were an update of the Gamma 40 once Nikko went into ASTI Pacific, but...
  8. T

Nikko Gamma I: cleaning tuner capacitor

The noise between stations is 1.5 (out of 5) on the signal strength meter. I am unable to find any stations that would get a full 5 on the signal strength meter. The strongest ones are between 3 and 4 (with the centre tuning meter centered). And this is about 20 miles from city of London so...
  9. T

Thanks to everyone for your feedback - that is much appreciated. I feel more confident to remove that cover now and will follow the instructions to the letter. I am using a simple indoor T-dipole at the moment, and while not ideal, I do not have any problems pulling in stations with an...
  10. T

Hi, I am having problems with high level of noise as poor reception on my Nikko Gamma I. I have read the sticky regarding cleaning analog tuners and it seems pretty straight-forward. However, the local repair shop in town had a look at the tuner and claim that it cannot be cleaned as the tuner...
  11. T

Nikko Gamma I high noise level

Thanks both, Will start with that and go from there. Cheers Tom
  12. T

Nikko Gamma I high noise level

Hi all, I recently acquired a second Nikko Gamma I (could not resist it as it was very cheap) but are having issues with a very high level of hiss and noise; to the point that even stronger stations are drowned in the noise. The signal strength meter shows 3 out of 5 when tuning between...
  13. T

Blown Infinity RS-7 Emit tweeters

The defogger repair kit was my first thought as i already had this in my garage, but sadly the traces have melted together badly and I think it would take a master surgeon (or watchmaker) to get it right...certainly not me with my sausage fingers :(
  14. T

And from the information I gathered the Kappa series have identical tweeters, so it should not be too hard to find a good replacement.
  15. T

Thank you Jim! Yes, I noticed the how powerful the magnets were when I took the old ones apart but fortunately I had been warned...
  16. T

Another question: I have seen several second-hand emit tweeters on Ebay and I might go down that route as my diaphragms look to be beyond repair (foil melted and 0 ohm). What is the lowest (and highest) acceptable resistance for these tweeters? I have seen some with 3 ohms resistance...
  17. T

Cheers mate - much appreciated, this is just the information I needed!
  18. T

So, finally managed to blow both my Emit tweeters after 30 years use (pressed the pink noise button on my equalizer by mistake without turning the volume down). My understanding is that these can be repaired, which I will look into, but if this is not successful, I might try to source...
  19. T

Subwoofer to go with Infinity RS-7 ?

Elnaldo: no, they have not been recapped. I had the woofers refoamed some years ago, but have not replaced the caps. Some good quality caps may make the world of difference from what I have read... Apart from the QBs you mentioned, are there any other Infinity range you could recommend? I...
  20. T

Thank you elnaldo! I stumbled over this forum as there seems to be a fair number of Nikko aficionados here (Google). Yes, a larger Infinity would be an interesting option, as would perhaps something like KEF 105/3 (they seem to get good reviews). Ideally I would like to try a couple of...
  21. T

Hi, I have got a pair of RS-7 with refurbished bass elements hooked up to a Nikko Alpha 440 power amp and Nikko Beta 40 pre-amp. Very decent sound, especially given the age of the equipment, but I am missing the lower range (the RS-7 is rated at 45-20000Hz) and am thinking of getting a...
Back
Top Bottom